Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    I agree regarding the casual fan, (I don't trust the incoming talent, yet), but I think with a coaching change, attendance will bounce back immediately with the hockey faithful. After all, that's what we've been asking for, eh?

I'm really getting anxious about this season end. It used to be, "How far will we go this year?" Now it's, "Will Eaves get replaced?"
    I think we have some skilled forwards coming in. With the right hire, I don't think we lose any recruits currently committed to come in.

If Eaves doesn't get canned, it would be a slap in the face and an embarrassment for the UW athletic department. If they don't win another game this year (statistically speaking is most likely to happen), it is pretty much back-to-back 4 win seasons. That is mind blowing, 8 wins total in two years. I am taking off the ASU wins, a state D3 team tied them twice this year. I am not taking anything away from UWEC, but they are in a lower division and should not be on a equal playing field with UW......but they kind of currently are, which is the HUGE problem that needs to be addressed by firing the head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Rob View Post
      if you're bored you can look at all sorts of things over MM's tenure here. I still update this after every game.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=212247426
      I love stats, thanks for the link and keeping up with this.

Comment

It is now 8 hours until faceoff and not one post or even a mention about tonight's game or series. As you can see from this board and attendance at the Kohl Center, most fans have checked out on the season and now are only hoping that Barry and King have the balls to ax MM.

Comment

Originally posted by RedStripes View Post
          It would be fun to actually spend time talking about a player's great pass or clutch goal or game-saving kick save again someday.
          Kunin scored with 9 seconds to go a few weeks ago. This team has had some clutch late game goals scored by them.

Let's go RED!
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Might be an interesting read for some.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/big-...n-age-proposal

Comment

We should take some time and say thanks the to seniors, Wittchow, Schulze and Miller. I always feel a little sad for them as their time @ UW draws to an end. Eddie and Kevin pretty much started all 4 years, they have gone from the awesomeness of a #1 seed to the absolute basement. It would be fascinating to hear what they have to say about the whole experience in a few years when the dust settles. I was hopeful Adam would be a factor this year after Opilka bolted, but that was not the case. I'm sure he contributed in terms of practice and team chemistry. Make a good use of your education boys.

On Wisconsin lads, On Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Kunin scored with 9 seconds to go a few weeks ago. This team has had some clutch late game goals scored by them.

Let's go RED!
                Not saying we haven't had one or two of those, just that those isolated moments have been overshadowed by bigger issues

Comment

Originally posted by RedStripes View Post
                  Not saying we haven't had one or two of those, just that those isolated moments have been overshadowed by bigger issues
                  Agreed, but when compared to last year, at least they've been in position to pull out a tie. Channeling my inner JK.

It is a great day for hockey. I'll be watching on ASN somehow, somewhere.

Comment

Well, Kelsey has been fired. I guess Barry will be too busy with that to do anything with Eaves now.

Just mentally preparing for another season of more glorious metaphors such as these...

"Part of building is to learn how to use a hammer correctly. For the last few years we've been hitting the thumbs and forefingers that were holding the nails and now that each of those digits are unrecognizable bloody stumps, they're out of the way and we can really start working on those nails."
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      We should take some time and say thanks the to seniors, Wittchow, Schulze and Miller. I always feel a little sad for them as their time @ UW draws to an end. Eddie and Kevin pretty much started all 4 years, they have gone from the awesomeness of a #1 seed to the absolute basement. It would be fascinating to hear what they have to say about the whole experience in a few years when the dust settles. I was hopeful Adam would be a factor this year after Opilka bolted, but that was not the case. I'm sure he contributed in terms of practice and team chemistry. Make a good use of your education boys.

On Wisconsin lads, On Wisconsin.
                      I'm pretty sure Miller has a bright future; I believe he is pursuing medical school. Really bright future!
                      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                        I'm pretty sure Miller has a bright future; I believe he is pursuing medical school. Really bright future!
                        Screw medical school, wow did he play great last night! Love the aggressiveness coming out past the top of the circle. I wouldn't mind seeing him play again tonight, though every puck Jurusic sees in a game makes him better for next year.

This group of guys has been a lot better at finishing (the freshmen), but last night was not one of them, unfortunately. The end of the 3rd period with all the pressure and chances was amazing. They got a line change in while holding the O zone, they looked like the UW women for awhile. The Kunin/Besse/Hughes line has been great the last month or so, I hope they all come back next year. Kunin's instincts are the best I've seen in years, probably since the 2010 team (WAY too long of a drought).

Linhart was bad (paired with Eddie). He was part of the 2 on 0 debacle. He was on the pk and just left the scorer untouched though he was standing right there next to him. If UW does not do something to improve the D corp, they still are not going to win many games though they are scoring more.

I wonder why Tischke was out and Bunz was in. I thought Tischke had been coming around a bit, but Bunz didn't have any major issues. Sexton must still be hurt therefore McGuire was in for him, and I thought he played ok as well. I will tweet at Baggot, maybe he'll tell me something, maybe he won't. Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

I really hope they can find a way to pull the game out tonight. These guys have been through two years of absolute manure...it would be nice for them to skate off the KC ice for the last time with a W.

Let's Go Red!

Comment

Four games (most likely) left in the year. Get this year over and make the changes that need to be made..... I am going tonight but can't say I am excited. Honoring the seniors will probably be the highlight.
                            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Take this with the requisite grain of salt. From a friend in Madison:

According to a guy we bowl with who apparently knows someone in the athletic dept., eaves is a done deal. Barry is asking the alumni associate for the money to buy him out and they are going to make a deal which includes using pat richters 's consulting group to replace him
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                Take this with the requisite grain of salt. From a friend in Madison:
                                I will take that news with a grain of salt, block of salt or a Siberian salt mine....whatever it takes.

Comment

Working...
                                X