Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
    USDP and USHL numbers are scewed. Kunin average about what Frederic is and where is he now? And Labosky has a decent point total this year. Zimmer is more offensively capable than you think as well.
    I'm just thinking that Freshmen coming would be hard pressed to put up the numbers that Kunin and Besse have.

I'm sure these are good kids coming in, but my enthusiasm for the program and players under Eaves has taken a massive hit of late.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Eaves is safe. Book it. Take it to the bank.
      Great....

And when the kids coming in don't improve the team to where they can achieve 15 wins or more do they give Eaves yet another year?

I have to question king's sanity (and Alvarez') at this point
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        I won't get worked up until after the season ends and we don't hear anything. Then I will start getting worked up about this. A friend in the Madison hockey community thinks he is safe. I sure hope not....
        This is why I think he's back....from the article

“I very much like the direction we’re going,” Eaves said.

King backed up Eaves on the progress that the team has shown, even if the wins haven’t come.

“The reality is, though, that we have been in every game virtually right into the third period,” King said. “Last year, that wasn’t necessarily the case. We have struggled to put teams away and to get over that hump, and that’s something that we really have to overcome.”

The talent coming in is good (Zimmer, Baker, Fredric and Labosky) and will supplant Ford, Ustaski, McGuire in the line-up. I'm am very concerned about the lack of above average talent in the D corps next year however. It still just may be more high scoring leaving the goalie out to dry kind of play.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          This is why I think he's back....from the article

“I very much like the direction we’re going,” Eaves said.

King backed up Eaves on the progress that the team has shown, even if the wins haven’t come.

“The reality is, though, that we have been in every game virtually right into the third period,” King said. “Last year, that wasn’t necessarily the case. We have struggled to put teams away and to get over that hump, and that’s something that we really have to overcome.”

The talent coming in is good (Zimmer, Baker, Fredric and Labosky) and will supplant Ford, Ustaski, McGuire in the line-up. I'm am very concerned about the lack of above average talent in the D corps next year however. It still just may be more high scoring leaving the goalie out to dry kind of play.
          What is gained by another sub 10-win season? Cause unless kunin's stays with Besse, Frederic scores 15goals or more and they magically find defense and goaltending, next year will the same.

Holy ****, the thought of one more season with eaves... I can't imagine a greater sports tragedy at the moment.

I'll definitely reach out to other badger fund people

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Kelsey's more likely to hit the bricks than Eaves, so it's really only an indicator if somehow she's still around. That's a big IF.
            Tick..tock..tick..tock. If Coach Kelsey still has a job through the weekend, my guess is that Coach Eaves will certainly be retained.

Comment

I sent Jason King an email and he replied that he stands behind his responses to the questions that he was asked.
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

I know that most people's opinion hasn't changed - but it certainly seems as though people's guess as to if MM is back or not certainly seems to have changed!

Comment

Originally posted by BuB View Post
                  I know that most people's opinion hasn't changed - but it certainly seems as though people's guess as to if MM is back or not certainly seems to have changed!
                  yeah, I'm majorly bummed. I sent him (JK) email (like that will help anything) and as far as Badger Fund money i'm going to have a very long talk with the family about the idea that moving away from donations to Wisconsin Athletics is our best course until or unless a change is made in hockey.

Wisconsin Hockey: would Badger Bob even recognize this team or its fanbase?
                  Last edited by solovsfett; 03-02-2016, 07:12 PM.

Comment

I would be absolutely stunned to see Eaves not fired or resigned by the Monday of the weekend the season ends. The end is near and anything King or the athletic dept has to say at this point days from the end is nothing more then the dreaded vote of confidence. AD's don't say we are axing the guy in a couple weeks at this point in the process.....they give the token vote of confidence and then drop the ax when the season ends.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      yeah, I'm majorly bummed. I sent him (JK) email (like that will help anything) and as far as Badger Fund money i'm going to have a very long talk with the family about the idea that moving away from donations to Wisconsin Athletics is our best course until or unless a change is made in hockey.

Wisconsin Hockey: would Badger Bob even recognize this team or its fanbase?
                      If these two years aren't enough to get MM fired you might as well order the gold watch because he'll be retiring from here when he decides to!

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                        I would be absolutely stunned to see Eaves not fired or resigned by the Monday of the weekend the season ends. The end is near and anything King or the athletic dept has to say at this point days from the end is nothing more then the dreaded vote of confidence. AD's don't say we are axing the guy in a couple weeks at this point in the process.....they give the token vote of confidence and then drop the ax when the season ends.
                        good point.

Comment

Can we draw any parallels to the Pete Waite situation in VB? He had a lot of success, especially early, then things sort of petered out for him. I assume he was let go for performance issues. His replacement certainly is a home run. BA and JK should use that situation as an example of how easily things can be turned around. If one looks at that, MM is in the same boat as Waite was. Now that Gard is out of the way, it's Kelsey's turn, then MM.

Comment

From an outsiders prospective it sure seems like Eaves will get another year. One less year to have to buy out,and maybe they are headed in the right direction with recruits and younger players. The pitch last year MUST have been to rebuild and the administration must have been comfortable with Eaves and new staff doing the rebuilding.
                            Last edited by goofy gopher; 03-03-2016, 02:45 PM.
                            never up, never in!

Comment

Originally posted by goofy gopher View Post
                              From an outsiders prospective it sure seems like Eaves will get another year. One less year to have to buy out,and maybe they are headed in the right direction with recruits and younger players. The pitch last year MUST have been to rebuild and the administration must have been comfortable with Eaves and new staff doing the rebuilding.
                              When goof fans (many, not just goofy goof) say Eaves should be retained, then it is clearly the time to dump him...
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• I'm surprised no one mentioned the $415k that eaves made last year for that 4 win performance, reported in that article. Would definitely be nice to make $100,000 per win. I can see why he wouldn't resign.

Comment

Working...
                                X