Minnesota Gophers vs Michigan Wolverines: 2/25-2/26 A big BIG series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Gophers vs Michigan Wolverines: 2/25-2/26 A big BIG series

Didn't see a thread so here we go heading into what should be a very fast paced and exciting series to watch. This is obviously a critical and defining series for both teams with three weeks to go looking forward to the BIG season championship and the NCAA playoff picture.

Michigan will invade Mariucci with the #1 offense in the NCAA courtesy of the CCM line of Kyle Connor, JT Compher and Tyler Motte, the highest scoring line in the NCAA (63-77-140 in 28 games or 5 points/game).

The Gophers rank #9 in offense and will look to players like Captain Kloos with 10 goals in 11 games with a 9 game point streak, Hudson Fasching with 9 goals in 11 games and leading the team with 18 goals on the season and lightening quick forward Leon Bristedt, who has tripled his goal scoring output from last season with 15 goals and 15 assists.

Both teams have weaknesses at defense with the Gophers ranked #31 and Wolverines #36. In net, Schierhorn (2.57 GAA, .912 SV%) and Racine (2.80 GAA, .915 SV%) have nearly identical stats.

Re: Minnesota Gophers vs Michigan Wolverines: 2/25-2/26 A big BIG series

Wrong smiley
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
      Wrong smiley
      You prefer ? That seems to be in vogue with the BIG critics.

Comment

Note: ticket prices have been dropped (some significantly) for the rest of the year. SRO is $10 now, instead of $30+, for example. I won't be able to make this series, but am thinking about the WI series in a couple weeks.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
          You prefer ? That seems to be in vogue with the BIG critics.
          It's supposed to be
          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Note: ticket prices have been dropped (some significantly) for the rest of the year. SRO is $10 now, instead of $30+, for example. I won't be able to make this series, but am thinking about the WI series in a couple weeks.
            Where can you find SRO tix for $10? I've been looking for cheaper tix for Thursday's game and fri wisco game.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerHockey9 View Post
              Where can you find SRO tix for $10? I've been looking for cheaper tix for Thursday's game and fri wisco game.
              gophersports.com Tickets pull down. Buy on line and print out.

Comment

Both games are on the BTN.

Should be a fun series, I always look forward to playing Michigan. They play fast and like to skate up and down the rink like the Gophers, makes for exciting hockey.

A sweep by either team would probably be enough for the B1G title.
                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                  It's supposed to be
                  Only among a small sample size of the loquaciously self absorbed.

Comment

Dang, you made my week with $10 SRO.

I'd be wary of buying tix for this Friday's UW game from Gophersports.com.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Tough series to predict. MI potency can not be underestimated. But the Gophers almost always get up for circle em series at home against big name opponents. I feel most comfortable predicting at least one for MN. But even that's not in the bank.

With both team's play styles...one thing is guaranteed...this will be the Gophers' most entertaining home series of the year.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                        With both team's play styles...one thing is guaranteed...this will be the Gophers' most entertaining home series of the year.
                        What's the over/under on the total number of odd-man rushes over the course of the two games? And how about lone breaks?

https://youtu.be/BX909DdNniQ
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Dang, you made my week with $10 SRO.

I'd be wary of buying tix for this Friday's UW game from Gophersports.com.
                          March 12th I meant..my bad. So with standing room tix, do a lot of them find empty seats if available? How's the standing room view?

Comment

Tough series to predict. MI potency can not be underestimated. But the Gophers almost always get up for circle em series at home against big name opponents. I feel most comfortable predicting at least one for MN. But even that's not in the bank.

It is a tough series to predict. Could home ice on the big sheet be an advantage?

Comment

March 12th I meant..my bad. So with standing room tix, do a lot of them find empty seats if available? How's the standing room view?
                              There have been plenty of seats available. Standing views are as good as they get.

Comment

Working...
                              X