Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 2015-2016 Season Thread II

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Went to the Bruins game last night with an unnamed fellow USCHOer and we were in a box and saw Bazin was being interviewed between the first and second periods while we were walking around the premium level concourse. Did anyone catch the interview on NESN? Anything interesting? Is he going to let us win on Friday so we can skate the trophy around Conte?
    I caught the interview in the first period. Just the usual coach speak. He's typically a boring interview.

Will your team be lackluster on Saturday following a night of drinking with the Umile trophy?

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
      Will your team be lackluster on Saturday following a night of drinking with the Umile trophy?
      Ha. Maybe. Perhaps it will help them to stop taking so many penalties.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

http://mobile.recorder.com/sports/21...score-times-up

Article about the coaching situation out west. There's no way Michelletto is only making 100k a year right? Did I read that wrong. The columnists note about recruiting in Canada seems off, as does the premise mass high school kids are going to choose UMA over any of the other 7(?) programs in the state.
        BS UMass Lowell 2015
        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
          http://mobile.recorder.com/sports/21...score-times-up

Article about the coaching situation out west. There's no way Michelletto is only making 100k a year right? Did I read that wrong. The columnists note about recruiting in Canada seems off, as does the premise mass high school kids are going to choose UMA over any of the other 7(?) programs in the state.
          He makes over 200k per year:
          http://www.masslive.com/politics/ind...44034850635321

That database will be updated again soon to include 2015 salaries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post

Yeah, 5 years at 500k seemed way to low
            BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

A nice article on Kevin Boyle from the UML Connector.

Comment

The article got me thinking, what are the chances Boyle makes the Hobey top ten? 6th in the nation in SV% and GAA, T3 in minutes and shutouts. I remember Connor getting denied due to low minutes (...), and Demko is having a better year in the conference which probably will make it near impossible, but it has been an impressive year for him. I say all this having said earlier in the season I couldn't see us performing any better than last year, because it seemed like last year was Boyle's ceiling.
                BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                  The article got me thinking, what are the chances Boyle makes the Hobey top ten? 6th in the nation in SV% and GAA, T3 in minutes and shutouts. I remember Connor getting denied due to low minutes (...), and Demko is having a better year in the conference which probably will make it near impossible, but it has been an impressive year for him. I say all this having said earlier in the season I couldn't see us performing any better than last year, because it seemed like last year was Boyle's ceiling.
                  I'd say near zero... you need some of that "momentum" going... pre-selection of sorts.
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post

I just took a look at norm... i was surprised we're paying him real money
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                      I just took a look at norm... i was surprised we're paying him real money
                      The 2015 number will tell us a lot, since it won't include bonus for HE Championship and NCAA bid. That said his extension probably kicked in halfway through the year(?) so who knows.
                      BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Go Wilson tonight versus the Bruins. I would like to see him do well.
                        What did you say?
                        Who own the Chiefs?
                        What did he say?
                        Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
                          Go Wilson tonight versus the Bruins. I would like to see him do well.
                          Me too. Pierre Maguire just gave props to Wilson and UML in the pregame.
                          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                            Me too. Pierre Maguire just gave props to Wilson and UML in the pregame.
                            Wilson with the 5 minute major for fighting.

Comment

Dear UML Hockey Team -

Please this weekend play both games like you did against BU. Please don't take dumb penalties (that means you Chapie, Smith, Domowski, and Folin). Please don't turn the puck over endlessly as you attempt to pass to phantom teammates or leave drop passes behind for no one that lead to opposition goals. Please don't try to be fancy as it doesn't work and most certainly won't against BC. Please shoot on net and not wide or high. Please get players to the front of the net, crash it, and don't waste rebounds that should be goals. No lazy play as you've been prone to do a lot this season, stay aggressive. In brief, please put all the bad habits aside that have driven us fans crazy all season, secure the bye, and keep the hope of an NCAA bid alive.
                              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                                Dear UML Hockey Team -

Please this weekend play both games like you did against BU. Please don't take dumb penalties (that means you Chapie, Smith, Domowski, and Folin). Please don't turn the puck over endlessly as you attempt to pass to phantom teammates or leave drop passes behind for no one that lead to opposition goals. Please don't try to be fancy as it doesn't work and most certainly won't against BC. Please shoot on net and not wide or high. Please get players to the front of the net, crash it, and don't waste rebounds that should be goals. No lazy play as you've been prone to do a lot this season, stay aggressive. In brief, please put all the bad habits aside that have driven us fans crazy all season, secure the bye, and keep the hope of an NCAA bid alive.
                                I'll sign that letter too but add "get a power play goal each night". BC put VT on the PP 15 times last weekend. VT has the weakest PP in HE and only managed 1 goal. UML is only 1 for its last 10 attempts with its loan PP goal against AIC.

Comment

Working...
                                X