UMass Lowell 2015-2016 Season Thread II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    With Michigan State and Maine giving out 2 year extensions today, one can only hope the AD at UMass wants to follow that trend. (based on the radio interview with Marty during the intermission, I would bet Micheletto is gone though)
    Where did you see that Michigan State gave out a 2-year extension?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Where did you see that Michigan State gave out a 2-year extension?
      A reddit post by an msu fan. As I read more into it I think the poster was actually referring to this summer when he was extended through the 17-18 season http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index.ssf/2015/06/contracts_of_tom_izzo_mark_hol.html
      BS UMass Lowell 2015
      PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Re: UMass Lowell 2015-2016 Season Thread II

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
        Micheletto still has a year, but they have a new AD and all of their winter sports are playing poorly. I wonder when they wrap up paying two football coaches (I think this might have been the last year paying their first coach), that should "free" up some money to get a real coach
        Yup. They have a lot of money tied up trying to make that football program work. I was just wondering if they are prepared to buy out another coach. Money seems to be pretty tight for the UMass system. Maybe a donor will come up with the money.

Marty was on the news last night defending the building boom going on within the system.
        http://www.wcvb.com/news/umass-build...ayers/38096204

Great crowd at the game last night.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          Agreed. I was impressed considering it was non-league and against the last place team in the league. Over 6,700 there. BC is going to be packed next Saturday night, especially as they were announcing SRO tickets are still available during the game last night. Just hope we don't have the automaton announcer again...seem to get him on Friday nights so hopefully Saturday we'll have the other one.
          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            Yup. They have a lot of money tied up trying to make that football program work. I was just wondering if they are prepared to buy out another coach. Money seems to be pretty tight for the UMass system. Maybe a donor will come up with the money.

Marty was on the news last night defending the building boom going on within the system.
            http://www.wcvb.com/news/umass-build...ayers/38096204

ZooMass football has always been a conceptual issue of the standing of the university and has much less to do with actual athletics. The hope is that they can use football to jumpstart attention to the school in general. They think this is what UConn did.

I dunno. I think the 1-A football experiment will always be doomed until they accept they're western Mass's school. The closest I think they can get to being more Massachusetts focused is if they build a stadium near, say, Worcester. Otherwise, what's the pull?
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
              ZooMass football has always been a conceptual issue of the standing of the university and has much less to do with actual athletics. The hope is that they can use football to jumpstart attention to the school in general. They think this is what UConn did.
              Good and relatively easy win last night against a pretty bad Amherst squad. And the sad part is that the morons out west keep thinking that they are important. From their boards "Amherst rejects of UML." I got accepted to your school, you idiot. I just didn't want to hang out with people that riot just because "Hey, it's Tuesday!"
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

And in non-game, crowd related news- Love they put the flag around the arena again last night. The crowd is starting to get the hang of it. They made it past the bench in good time. The corner starts to be a problem. They need to start it a little earlier so it hits opposite the bench when the players come out and out before the play is really going. The Amherst fans sitting next to us were a little peeved when it came by during play. (Personally I thought it was merciful for them, we were buzzing their net).

Amherst Reject always makes me chuckle. I assume it makes them feel good but I have never associated Amherst with academic rigor. I always thought of it as a 'party' school. I am sure there is academic rigor but it isn't what it makes the news for. UML hits the news fairly regularly for innovative stuff. Amherst we only see the riots or recently shooters - could this be because they have a different channel out there?

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  Good and relatively easy win last night against a pretty bad Amherst squad. And the sad part is that the morons out west keep thinking that they are important. From their boards "Amherst rejects of UML." I got accepted to your school, you idiot. I just didn't want to hang out with people that riot just because "Hey, it's Tuesday!"
                  I didn't want to be a barcode and Lowell's student services reached outto me with regards to ADHD I had written in the essay (****, college essays are stupid). I only applied to Lowell as a suggestion from the guidance councilor.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    And in non-game, crowd related news- Love they put the flag around the arena again last night. The crowd is starting to get the hang of it. They made it past the bench in good time. The corner starts to be a problem. They need to start it a little earlier so it hits opposite the bench when the players come out and out before the play is really going.
                    The group I sit with were saying the same thing. Start it earlier so it gets around before play starts.

Comment

No help in any of the results tonight.
                      Lowell Forever
                      Forever Lowell

Comment

Depending on your level of optimism with Lowell next week really depends on who you root for in the BU/ND series. Lowell can still get third with a sweep of BC and a BU sweep of ND (Lowell holds the 3 way tiebreaker). That would end up putting Lowell 3, BU 4, and ND 5. Any points by ND and Lowell and BU will be playing in the QF, just depends on where, because neither is going to lose to UMass.

The goal is to get as many points as BU does next week in order to get the bye, however, Lowell can really solidify an at-large NCAA bid with a win against BC. There is a pretty sizable gap between Lowell and Cornell and Penn State.

Comment

It's really easy now. To get a bye the following 2 things need to happen next weekend:

1. Lowell needs to get at least 1 point
                          AND
                          2. Lowell needs to get at least the same number of points that BU does next weekend with 1 exception: Lowell ties BC twice and BU splits with Notre Dame.

If they both get swept, BU gets the 4 seed by tiebreakers (tiebreaker #3, record vs the 1st place team. They'd be 0-2 vs BC while BU is 0-1-1.)
                          If Lowell ties BC twice and BU splits with Notre Dame, BU wins the the tiebreaker (tiebreaker #2, conference wins.)

Any other scenario where Lowell and BU are tied, Lowell wins the tiebreaker, unless I've missed something.

Edit: I did miss one thing - a 3-way tie between Notre Dame, BU, and Lowell, which occurs if Lowell sweeps BC and BU sweeps Notre Dame. In that case, BU ends up 3rd, Lowell 4th, and Notre Dame 5th, which still gives Lowell a bye, but is a scenario where BU wins a tiebreaker vs Lowell.
                          Last edited by ScottK; 02-20-2016, 11:13 PM.
                          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

So if Lowell wins and BU loses on Friday, we get the bye. If BC beats Lowell on Friday then BC clinches regular season title/top seed. Obviously would love to lock it up Friday but if not BC will only be playing for pride in Lowell on Saturday night.

Comment

Well, never forget the pwr. Even if BC wins friday, they are still trying to secure a #1 national seed and move up as high as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Well, never forget the pwr. Even if BC wins friday, they are still trying to secure a #1 national seed and move up as high as possible.
                                after a long tough season, i think BC deserves to relax... its only fair to the boys... "If you like pina coladas...."

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Working...
                                X