Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 2015-2016 Season Thread II

Originally posted by fightingsiouxfan16 View Post
    yes im thinking the same thing. You can get a good crowd saturday but then lose out on a good crowd sunday. But for the not so religious people are you willing to give up easter sunday to go watch your team possibly make it to the final four
    Originally posted by UML03 View Post
    There is no doubt attendence with Sundays game will be hurt pretty dramatically...and probably even Saturday do to Easter. If the NCAA is worried so much about attendance at these regionals, maybe they should have made all four Friday and Saturday this year.
    For the win. There are few people in my family who are religious but it is an obligatory Family Holiday (capitalization is on purpose). Many, many people use this as one of the few times they can see their family.

Moving dinner to Good Friday would be sacrilegious for many. Not Catholic but have friends that fast that night and even some that speak as little as possible through Vigil Saturday.

Comment

There is no doubt attendence with Sundays game will be hurt pretty dramatically...and probably even Saturday do to Easter. If the NCAA is worried so much about attendance at these regionals, maybe they should have made all four Friday and Saturday this year.
      They've scheduled the basketball Final Four over Easter weekend before. They're not straying with their usual plan over NCAA hockey regionals.

Comment

They would have been killed friday with people going to work and school so thats not the greatest of answer anyway
        They already have two regionals every year that start on Friday and yes the early game would be effected by the work/school day...but I would be willing to bet it will be more effected by a holiday, especially when two of the teams will be eliminated come Sunday and those two schools fan bases will largely be absent. On a side note, Friday is "Good Friday" and most schools have that as a holiday.

Comment

They already have two regionals every year that start on Friday and yes the early game would be effected by the work/school day...but I would be willing to bet it will be more effected by a holiday, especially when two of the teams will be eliminated come Sunday and those two schools fan bases will largely be absent. On a side note, Friday is "Good Friday" and most schools have that as a holiday.
          Well yes thats very true. I do have off even from my job on friday but i wasnt sure with colleges or peoples work schedules. Yea its too bad the losers of the game fans wont stick around for sunday but oh well. I just hope they have at least 2000 in albany come saturday

Comment

Well yes thats very true. I do have off even from my job on friday but i wasnt sure with colleges or peoples work schedules. Yea its too bad the losers of the game fans wont stick around for sunday but oh well. I just hope they have at least 2000 in albany come saturday
            As a huge UML fan I was bummed to draw the Albany regional over Worcester for this reason. I can count on 1 hand how many home regular season games I have missed in the last 10 years and I can proudly say I have not missed a playoff game during that same time frame...but, it appears that streak will end this weekend. Hopefully the boys can come away with two wins this weekend and I can book my trip to Tampa!

Comment

As a huge UML fan I was bummed to draw the Albany regional over Worcester for this reason. I can count on 1 hand how many home regular season games I have missed in the last 10 years and I can proudly say I have not missed a playoff game during that same time frame...but, it appears that streak will end this weekend. Hopefully the boys can come away with two wins this weekend and I can book my trip to Tampa!
              How far from Albany are you?

Comment

• Originally posted by UML03 View Post
                Other than Easter weekend how is this worse than Bridgeport?
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                  It isn't.

Comment

We have a choice of seeing my aging FIL and family, not seeing mr les or seeing mr les and not seeing family. this will be holiday #2 out of 3 that mr les is absent. His father is not getting any younger

Comment

It isn't at all...but the fact that it is Easter Weekend is pretty big for people who celebrate Easter...especially now that I have kids.

Comment

what was wrong with bridgeport?

Comment

If Lowell makes the Garden next year again ... the semifinals are the same night as St. Paddy's. Oh boy, that should be a fun event.

Anyway, I'm out for Albany.
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

what was wrong with bridgeport?
                            the fact that it's Bridgeport?

but I think he was bringing it up because Bridgeport is about the same driving distance away from Lowell as Albany is, give or take 10-15 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by tape View Post
                              the fact that it's Bridgeport?

but I think he was bringing it up because Bridgeport is about the same driving distance away from Lowell as Albany is, give or take 10-15 minutes.
                              ive been to bridgeport its not that bad. the rink is actually pretty nice if they play were the sound tigers play

Comment

• Originally posted by fightingsiouxfan16 View Post
                                ive been to bridgeport its not that bad. the rink is actually pretty nice if they play were the sound tigers play
                                Haven't been to Albany, but I'd say Bridgeport was probably the best arena compared with Manchester and Worcester. But also probably the worst overall location
                                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X