Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMass Lowell 2015-2016 Season Thread II

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    AIC would take the lead at 7:53 and I don't remember a lot about the goal as I was trying to calculate the force needed to snap my own neck in despair.
    It's going to be tough to beat this for the quote of the post (already!).
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I'm not really that surprised with the final score in this one. I hated the idea of this game as soon as I saw on the schedule last summer. A Tuesday night, on the road after a big weekend series. I hope Norm avoids these types of games in the future, or at the very least play them in October or November, not in mid February.

Not a lot of rest before the Friday game, but at least Amherst is the team riding the bus this time.

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
        Thank god for Master. He's really come on as of late.

A tie isn't good, need the win.
        And he delivered the win too.

You're right about him coming on. I had already thought he was having a productive season for a Freshman, but I just checked and following that 1st ASU game where he didn't dress, he's had a multi-point game in 4 out of the last 6.

Comment

Jeff Cox ranks the last 6 hires in HE. Found this part interesting, since there's been some talk about recruiting not really going as well as many of us had hoped.
          The lack of recruiting success compared to Providence certainly puts some question marks on the possible longevity of success, but the philosophy has worked so far.
          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

FYI Winterfest starts tomorrow. Arcand Drive will be closed and I suspect some of the other streets will be partially blocked off. Plan accordingly.

Comment

Feels weird to have to root for UNH but that's what we have to do this weekend to stay in 4th. Yuck.
              Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                Feels weird to have to root for UNH but that's what we have to do this weekend to stay in 4th. Yuck.
                Yeah hopefully the UNH team that beat us and Providence on the road shows up instead of the one that lost and tied VT at home.

Comment

Yup. That's what happens when we don't take care of business.
                  Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                  Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                  "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                  KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

We've focused so much on Hellebuyck and his success ... and we didn't notice that this is going on in Nashville. I'm glad Hutton's not playing against the Bs tonight.
                    Monty

Comment

CHN pens a piece on the Lowell defense.
                      Monty

Comment

We've focused so much on Hellebuyck and his success ... and we didn't notice that this is going on in Nashville. I'm glad Hutton's not playing against the Bs tonight.
                        Twitter with conflicting stories... https://***********/NHL/status/700420778219667456

Tweet says Carter, story says Rinne

Comment

Scott Wilson scores his first NHL Goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                            Scott Wilson scores his first NHL Goal.
                            "A guy from UMass-Amherst..." I almost puked when he paused there. Don't do that to me NBC Sports B Team
                            BS UMass Lowell 2015
                            PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                              "A guy from UMass-Amherst..." I almost puked when he paused there. Don't do that to me NBC Sports B Team
                              It's fitting though. Amherst can only help, Lowell finishes.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                                It's fitting though. Amherst can only help, Lowell finishes.
                                Pretty crazy stuff going on Amherst campus. Hopefully their team isn't gonna have trouble getting by the national guard to make it to Lowell
                                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X