UMass Lowell 2015-2016 Season Thread II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 2015-2016 Season Thread II

If you had told me at the start of last season that Kevin Boyle would win more games in a Lowell jersey than Connor Hellebuyck, I would never have believed you. Tonight was Kevin Boyle's 39th win since coming to Lowell, Hellebuyck only had 38.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
      If you had told me at the start of last season that Kevin Boyle would win more games in a Lowell jersey than Connor Hellebuyck, I would never have believed you. Tonight was Kevin Boyle's 39th win since coming to Lowell, Hellebuyck only had 38.
      Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
      Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
      Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
        who has the school's D1 mark? Roloson?
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
          True but Kevin doesn't have a Doug Carr backing him up and competing for starts. Still though, very impressive!

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
            who has the school's D1 mark? Roloson?
            Yup, 51 wins.
            Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Not much discussion about the actual game last night. An " opportunistic" win by Lowell last night to say the least. Goaltending was the difference and thank good ness we did see the 2nd Power play unit get some traction and were able to execute. Lowell obviously showed signs of the 2 week break and were not sharp all night. Boyle gave them a chance to win and their commitment to their defensive structure kept them in the game 5 on 5 and allowed for the power play to come through. Positives were that they did not commit that many turnovers and their PK was very good. Defensive zone coverage was ok but they were slow to close and did miss some assignments that resulted in goals and second chance opportunities. I would put the quality scoring chances for BU at 3:1. Somewhat disappointing was after 2 weeks of preparation, the 1st Unit power play's game plan and execution. Lowell actually lost momentum in the game after the first 2 power plays when the 1st unit could not enter the zone. The 2nd unit came through with some good quick and decisive puck movement that resulted in 2 goals. I realize this was a tight checking game where offensive chances are limited but Lowell has to find a way to create more offensive. Unfortunately no established forecheck and no offensive zone time resulted in 19 shots with 5 in the first and 6 in the third and only a handful of scoring opportunities 5 on 5. I realize that in Coach Bazin's comments he indicated that he isn't too concerned with shot counts but being "opportunistic" will only carry a team so far. Saying this , this team has been very resilient and demonstrated that they have rebounded well the next night in coming off efforts where they haven't been at their best. I expect to see a great effort tonight and a Lowell team that will be much better. Good teams find ways to win and they did that last night when they weren't their best.

Comment

After tonight, there really aren't any other games where we can afford a 'bounceback'
                Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Anyone else thinking that they hope ND knocks out NU? THey're playing scary good hockey and worry me. No, I am NOT assuming we beat BU once in the next two nights.
                  Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                  Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                  "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                  KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                    Anyone else thinking that they hope ND knocks out NU? THey're playing scary good hockey and worry me. No, I am NOT assuming we beat BU once in the next two nights.
                    I'm rooting for the Irish. Don't want NU at the Garden. And maybe that spaz KevinRoy4HobeyBaker will go away!
                    Last edited by riverchief1; 03-12-2016, 02:06 PM.
                    Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                      I'd like to see ND lose because they are right above Lowell in PWR.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                        I'd like to see ND lose because they are right above Lowell in PWR.
                        I'd want to face NU because i'd want the best test before the NCAAs. Its not worth fearing them because they'll all be tough outs the rest of the way.

Real focus, win tonight.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                          I'm rooting for the Irish. Don't want NU at the Garden. And maybe that spaz KevinRoy4HobeyBaker will go away!
                          fat chance

Comment

good god what a terrible non-call for tripping

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

2-0 Lowell... BU goalie chased... seems to be a quick hook IMO

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

woooohoooooo!!!
                                Gahden baby!!

That was the most inspired hockey I have seen our team play in years. Full 60, like sharks when the water was chummed.

Comment

Working...
                                X