Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 2015-2016 Season Thread II

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    I know, huh? We must have hit the big time. The NU fans all can't stand him too. Some think it may be Mookie in disguise...lol.
    mookie would never, ever, wear a disguise
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      mookie would never, ever, wear a disguise
      well. that answers that.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        I wouldn't go that far. The # of PP chances skews that. Lowell did a nice job hanging around after falling behind 2-0. Not sure what BCs mindset will be tomorrow, could easily see a riverhawk win.
        Agreed. PPs for Lowell allowed them to pile up shots. Would not say they dominated the game though. I certainly didn't leave the game thinking UML was a better team than BC... who was playing without their best player (White) and another very good player in Calnan. We'll see what tomorrow brings. I get the sense BC does NOT want to share this thing with PC plus this is a big game for NCAA seeding as well. But we'll see if they rest Demko or anyone else.
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Lowell out attempted BC 5x5 (TSA 29-25; SOG 18-12). That's not dominant by any definition. However, even accounting for PP opportunities, Lowell had the better run of play. FF was 53% for Lowell, Fenwick Close is 61% for the River Hawks
          Lowell Forever
          Forever Lowell

Comment

Lowell could have moved up to 11th in the PWR with a win last night. Thankfully the teams in front of them and directly behind them haven't been able to win either.

The good news, if you want to look at it that way, is that if Lowell were to lose Saturday night I haven't yet found a situation where they would drop below 13th in the PWR. However, if they win they could jump as high as 11th if St. Lawrence beats Harvard and NoDak completes the sweep against Omaha. They'd also be breathing down Notre Dame's neck if BU were to beat the Irish again.

The PP has been brutal for sometime and it's been artificially propped up on the stat sheets by the likes of Arizona State, Amherst and AIC. A stat from the post game presser that Norm said he was unaware of, Lowell is 4 for 40 on the PP in league play since the holiday break. Woof.

BC Interruption has it that Colin White will likely be out again tomorrow night, which is both great for Lowell and disappointing for hockey fans since I think the kid is fantastic and I was looking forward to watching him play live. Lowell has to find a way to win tomorrow night and hope Notre Dame figures it out. Two stomps against Amherst aren't going to help in the PWR, and I think whoever has home ice in the 4/5 with BU is going to take the series.
            Lowell Forever
            Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
              I think whoever has home ice in the 4/5 with BU is going to take the series.
              If BU beats ND again they are the 3 seed and Notre Dame is the 4 seed.
              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                Lowell could have moved up to 11th in the PWR with a win last night. Thankfully the teams in front of them and directly behind them haven't been able to win either.

The good news, if you want to look at it that way, is that if Lowell were to lose Saturday night I haven't yet found a situation where they would drop below 13th in the PWR. However, if they win they could jump as high as 11th if St. Lawrence beats Harvard and NoDak completes the sweep against Omaha. They'd also be breathing down Notre Dame's neck if BU were to beat the Irish again.

The PP has been brutal for sometime and it's been artificially propped up on the stat sheets by the likes of Arizona State, Amherst and AIC. A stat from the post game presser that Norm said he was unaware of, Lowell is 4 for 40 on the PP in league play since the holiday break. Woof.

BC Interruption has it that Colin White will likely be out again tomorrow night, which is both great for Lowell and disappointing for hockey fans since I think the kid is fantastic and I was looking forward to watching him play live. Lowell has to find a way to win tomorrow night and hope Notre Dame figures it out. Two stomps against Amherst aren't going to help in the PWR, and I think whoever has home ice in the 4/5 with BU is going to take the series.
                My opinion is White was a better player with the USA team than with BC. Seems to be offensive heavy in BC's system while being all around a better player in the WJC.
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                  I'd do it every time
                  i agree with riverchief, i thought it was a head-scratcher. At least let the PP get started or even if BC killed it off you still had 1+ minute with the extra attacker

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                    My opinion is White was a better player with the USA team than with BC. Seems to be offensive heavy in BC's system while being all around a better player in the WJC.
                    how many times have you seen him in Maroon and Gold? 2?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                      If BU beats ND again they are the 3 seed and Notre Dame is the 4 seed.
                      Oh my. I take back that comment. Gimme ND all day.
                      Lowell Forever
                      Forever Lowell

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                        Your opinion is worth a steaming pile of poop.
                        Originally posted by mookie1995
                        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                          Stick to baseball.
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                            Oh my. I take back that comment. Gimme ND all day.
                            Still means we have to play a weekend against Amherst. More Marty bobbleheads?

That said, Lowell v ND and NU @ BU would probably be best case for the quarters (throw in uvm @BC [jcarter v Nick] and unh @ providence [zlax v zlax]) and that probably makes up for the lackluster games next week.
                            BS UMass Lowell 2015
                            PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              i agree with riverchief, i thought it was a head-scratcher. At least let the PP get started or even if BC killed it off you still had 1+ minute with the extra attacker
                              you need a goal... nothing changes that you need a goal
                              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                              Skating Friar Jersey
                              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                                you need a goal... nothing changes that you need a goal
                                After 7 failed PP's where the PK team probably got more quality chances than the PP team, prolly wasn't a very good idea.
                                Although, I thought it was awesome!
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X