Penn State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Penn State

I think that the odds are against Penn State to stay in the pair rankings with there last two games in Michigan, but that is why we play the games. Either way it gives new programs an optimistic look and some old programs a wake up call.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangle View Post
      Fair enough I wasn't trying to imply that they were all Penn State fans but they still have a decent attraction for a new program, I think it is always scary for a new program to come on board and not falter. I just hope that the college game in general continues to grow and it would be great if all the playoff games would be full.
      Ever since the NCAA took regional sites off of campus locations each Regional has literally been empty. I mean seriously you could shoot a cannon in there and no one would know it because no one is there. It's obvious that everyone here loves college hockey but unfortunately there aren't enough of us. It's bad, really bad.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/03/2...at-box-office/

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

http://thehockeywriters.com/ncaa-hoc...l-tournaments/
      Originally posted by alfablue
      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
        Ever since the NCAA took regional sites off of campus locations each Regional has literally been empty. I mean seriously you could shoot a cannon in there and no one would know it because no one is there. It's obvious that everyone here loves college hockey but unfortunately there aren't enough of us. It's bad, really bad.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/03/2...at-box-office/

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

http://thehockeywriters.com/ncaa-hoc...l-tournaments/
        That's the de riguer philosophy, but somewhat inaccurate. Fargo was sold out last year and Compton was pretty full. The east coast regionals also have descent attendance. So lets not get carried away.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          That's the de riguer philosophy, but somewhat inaccurate. Fargo was sold out last year and Compton was pretty full. The east coast regionals also have descent attendance. So lets not get carried away.
          Seriously, what else is there to do in North Dakota? And with the South Bend Regional 3 of the 4 teams hadn't been in the tournament in 5 years or more so their fans were hungry. Also, all except for one team (Harvard) had made the tournament less than 5 times. It was a new experience for them.

An absurd suggestion that if North Dakota didn't make the tournament (HA) then that regional would be very poorly attended.
          Last edited by UMICH; 02-26-2016, 03:12 AM.
          Originally posted by alfablue
          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Good job Penn now you will face a beast in Michigan tomorrow, that just shows your character winning with a forward playing defence. Hopefully the crowds will pick up tomorrow.

Comment

Good job Penn now you will face a beast in Michigan tomorrow, that just shows your character winning with a forward playing defence. Hopefully the crowds will pick up tomorrow.
              We really did not play well today, but we will take it. Tied for a season low in shots this game and had too many penalties. The penalty kill did a great job, as did McAdam, but we cannot do this against Michigan. Juha being back is huge for us, hopefully we play a much better game against UM than we have recently.

Regardless of what happens, you got to give Guy a lot of credit for quickly building PSU into a top 15-20 team. The arena certainly helps.

Comment

Guy is a great coach. He always brings the best out of his players. I think they are a good team and with him at the helm, they are poised for greatness in the future

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyguy View Post
                  Guy is a great coach. He always brings the best out of his players. I think they are a good team and with him at the helm, they are poised for greatness in the future
                  No doubt that Guy has a grip on it! We'll lose some great players after this season but the incoming freshmen class looks very promising. Especially if they rise to the occasion as did this years freshmen class!

Let's hope for a well called game tonight. It sure didn't seem like last night was but we got it done.

Comment

Great job Penn, stand proud that is a great learning experience playing with a depleted team. Next year you will be young along with added experience for a new program which will pay huge dividends in the long run.
                    Congrats to the Gophers and Wolverines on advancing to the Final as you were the two best teams in the B10 this year.

Comment

I am impressed by how fast Penn State was able to to establish a respectable team. The step up from there is going to be tougher. Good Luck.
                      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Great job Penn, stand proud that is a great learning experience playing with a depleted team. Next year you will be young along with added experience for a new program which will pay huge dividends in the long run.
                        Congrats to the Gophers and Wolverines on advancing to the Final as you were the two best teams in the B10 this year.
                        Is there a reason you keep calling them penn?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Is there a reason you keep calling them penn?
                          Any reason we're hyping a program that did worse than other fourth year full scholarship programs in recent memory?
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

does this mean the ivy's will break off now with a team in philly?
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Penn State if it makes you feel better.
                              Last edited by Dangle; 03-20-2016, 04:06 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                                Any reason we're hyping a program that did worse than other fourth year full scholarship programs in recent memory?
                                Not hyping just giving credit to a new program, I like to see all new programs have positive results.

Comment

Working...
                                X