Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coaching changes for 2016-17

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    Probably Should Get Fired, But Who Can They Get That Could Do Any Better With That Program?
    Dennehy
    For the sake of conversation.. I don't buy the "That Program" part of this. Contrary to the opinion of some of the has-beens on this forum, it's not 2002 anymore. The current MC institution probably has a stronger commitment to the hockey program than two or three other HEA programs. (If you listen to the Maine people, the administration is about to outsource the program to India) Then there's the two or three HEA schools where the men's hockey team is at best the fourth- or fifth-most popular D1 sport at the school. And you can't say that the administration hasn't committed the resources they can to improve facilities and recruiting.

Basically, aside from a small alumni base, a rocky history and the presence of some bigger fish nearby, I don't think MC is at a severe disadvantage. I don't think there's any reason "status quo" or "treading water" should be the standard operating procedure. I don't think Dennehy feels that way either. I just think it's important for the AD/Pres/Administration to consider that as well, if **** really takes a turn for the worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
      For the sake of conversation.. I don't buy the "That Program" part of this. Contrary to the opinion of some of the has-beens on this forum, it's not 2002 anymore. The current MC institution probably has a stronger commitment to the hockey program than two or three other HEA programs. (If you listen to the Maine people, the administration is about to outsource the program to India) Then there's the two or three HEA schools where the men's hockey team is at best the fourth- or fifth-most popular D1 sport at the school. And you can't say that the administration hasn't committed the resources they can to improve facilities and recruiting.

Basically, aside from a small alumni base, a rocky history and the presence of some bigger fish nearby, I don't think MC is at a severe disadvantage. I don't think there's any reason "status quo" or "treading water" should be the standard operating procedure. I don't think Dennehy feels that way either. I just think it's important for the AD/Pres/Administration to consider that as well, if **** really takes a turn for the worse.
      Maybe that's why the packers and movers keep posting - they want to help Maine make the trip!
      Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
      Clarkson 1990

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
        I'd just like to point out that, having had the misfortune of seeing Derick Roy "tend" a goal on and off for three years now, you're better off with neither Roy than with one.
        I respectfully disagree. Kevin's contributions have far outweighed Derick's shortcomings. The jury is "in" on Derick and he is now where he should be - OTB!

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
          I respectfully disagree. Kevin's contributions have far outweighed Derick's shortcomings. The jury is "in" on Derick and he is now where he should be - OTB!
          Yeah, if you guys are in any way unsatisfied with the contributions of the Roy brothers, I'll be happy to take them off your hands! As bad as Derick may be, he's probably better than any of our goalies.

Comment

Originally posted by nufan2001 View Post
            Fraud results. After St Lawrence their wins are against UNH, Merrimack, and UMass. Now they finish with UConn and Maine. (all teams are 8-12th in Standings). The Harvard Beanpot Consolation game win? Yay. They tied ULowell and Quinnipiac which is good.

Maybe they will come out with a win in the first round best of 3. Then they will get drubbed by a real opponent barring a miracle. Then rinse, wash, repeat next year. Same tape on replay over and over and over.

Simply never going to compete for anything real with Madigan. Champions of being mediocre.
            What did they win before Madigan? Beanpot and Hockey East in 1988. OK, what else? And I believe Madigan was a coach on those teams

Comment

Don't be shocked in BU and Quinn part ways in the next couple of years

Comment

Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
                Don't be shocked in BU and Quinn part ways in the next couple of years
                Oh really. Care to elaborate?

Comment

For the sake of conversation.. I don't buy the "That Program" part of this. ... it's not 2002 anymore.
                  It's funny, cause I look at the standings and still see Merrimack at or near the bottom just like 2002.

The current MC institution probably has a stronger commitment to the hockey program than two or three other HEA programs.
                  Congrats, you're more committed to hockey than UMass. Wooo hoooo!!

Then there's the two or three HEA schools where the men's hockey team is at best the fourth- or fifth-most popular D1 sport at the school.
                  The two biggest offenders here are at the top of the standings right now.

0+0=0
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Oh really. Care to elaborate?
                    NHL (mini Haskel)
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Tom Anastos at Michigan State needs to go. Some 30 games under 0.500 in four-3/4 seasons.
                      7-20-3 this season. Steady decline in players development. Unable to inspire his team to preform. Absolutely one of the worst hires ever. One time making the NCAA Tourney (his first and with Rick Comley's players). Offense is cracking on at a mind numbing 1.8 goals for since Christmas, and at 2.33 for the season.
                      Defense is going strong at 3.50 gaa. Out scored 21-9 by U.Mich in four games this season. HE needs to go at the end of this season! Please.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmsu9196 View Post
                        What about Michigan State? Will Mark Hollis pull the plug on the Tom Anastos era?
                        As much as I hope tCHHCoMSU is relieved of his duties at the end of this season, I believe he will have at least til 2017 to get it together. His contract runs until the end of the 2017/18 season. Sad......

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                          If Ohio State's program continues to be less than mediocre, Steve Rohlik should be on the hot seat. This is the most inconsistent and undisciplined hockey I have ever seen at Ohio State. This is the third season of a five-year contract. When it comes to hockey, Ohio State will normally not terminate someone before their contract runs out, but they may make an exception in this case if Rohlik doesn't get the program moving forward, which he hasn't to this point.
                          Oh, I don't know about getting rid of Rohlik. Hockey at OSU, just like at Michigan State, is not a priority within the AD's office. FB and BB (both men's and women's BB at MSU) is more of a priority these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                            Brad Berry. Getting swept by Denver is simply unacceptable and UND needs to take a stand.
                            Wow. Such a sense of entitlement.
                            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
                              Oh, I don't know about getting rid of Rohlik. Hockey at OSU, just like at Michigan State, is not a priority within the AD's office. FB and BB (both men's and women's BB at MSU) is more of a priority these days.
                              For this reason I'd only support letting him go if they 100% had someone better already lined up. Just firing in the hopes that just anybody can come in and do a better job, I don't think will work. We have been better in the past than we are now though, so its not ridiculous to think we could again. And yes, FB and BB are always gonna come first for B1G ADs, but schools like MSU and Wisco should be doing better than they're doing regardless.
                              Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                              University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                                Wow. Such a sense of entitlement.
                                It is a fool who reads Dirty's ramblings seriously. Or reads them at all. Or writes them.
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X