Coaching changes for 2016-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
    Probably a good time to start looking at the possible changes coming up. Too many to even list. Brown, Princeton experiment, Eaves, Anasto, is Red going to retire, is Donato in play, Vaughan, Madigan and on and on and on.
    I'd be very surprised to see Brendan Whittet fired at Brown. He's an alum and the athletic department has shown a history of passiveness with regard to underachieving coaches in all sports.

While I, as a fan, don't believe that Whittet is a very good coach, I think he's done an amazing job with recruiting. However, four of his best recruits never played a game in a Brown uniform, and a fifth played a handful of games his freshman year before getting injured and then transferring.

Whittet has successfully recruited Kevin Roy (he bailed literally two weeks before he was supposed to be on campus and went to Northeastern instead, taking his brother, a goaltender, with him), Miles Wood (didn't get in to Brown; ended up at BC and is having a sensational season), Nate Widman (injured his freshman year; currently an assistant captain for 3rd-ranked SCSU), Blake Weyrick (was ranked behind only Thatcher Demko for American goalies in the 2014 NHL draft; his millionaire family did not receive financial aid because Brown distributes solely on a need-based system with no merit-based scholarships being provided, so he bailed), and Tim Doherty (was supposed to be a freshman this year; left the school a couple weeks before the season started and will play at Maine next year).

Brown could very reasonably be a top-15 team with those players. However, we currently are 53rd in the Pairwise because the previous four recruiting classes have been so severely depleted by a ridiculously unfortunate series of events.

Anyway, Whittet won't be going anywhere - whether that's a good thing or not. His recruiting has been great but he's fallen victim to circumstances. Frankly, I don't think he's a very good coach but he's done well enough in recruiting to warrant another year or two. Plus, Brown will never fire anyone! *rolls eyes*

Comment

Re: Coaching changes for 2016-17

Agreed. totally overlooked Sneddon. should be gone. probably not though, due to contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
        Agreed. totally overlooked Sneddon. should be gone. probably not though, due to contract.
        Sneddon's Cats took 2.5 of 3 points from Umile's Cats this season.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
          I Kevin Roy (he bailed literally two weeks before he was supposed to be on campus and went to Northeastern instead, taking his brother, a goaltender, with him),
          I'd just like to point out that, having had the misfortune of seeing Derick Roy "tend" a goal on and off for three years now, you're better off with neither Roy than with one.

Comment

Every single recorded packer movers are ISO government register with expert and prepared staff. Roughly 60% individuals pack their things themselves and depend on the pressing and moving organization for their moving procedure.
            Packers and Movers India
            Packers and Movers Bangalore @ http://moverspackersonline.com/packe...ers-bangalore/
            Packers and Movers Hyderabad @ http://moverspackersonline.com/packe...ers-hyderabad/
            Packers and Movers Delhi @ http://moverspackersonline.com/packe...-movers-delhi/
            Packers and Movers Chennai @ http://moverspackersonline.com/packe...overs-chennai/
            Packers and Movers in Bangalore , Packers and Movers in Hyderabad

Comment

Hey packers and movers guy, kindly do the needful and learn how to coach for some of these teams.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                I'd be very surprised to see Brendan Whittet fired at Brown. He's an alum and the athletic department has shown a history of passiveness with regard to underachieving coaches in all sports.

While I, as a fan, don't believe that Whittet is a very good coach, I think he's done an amazing job with recruiting. However, four of his best recruits never played a game in a Brown uniform, and a fifth played a handful of games his freshman year before getting injured and then transferring.

Whittet has successfully recruited Kevin Roy (he bailed literally two weeks before he was supposed to be on campus and went to Northeastern instead, taking his brother, a goaltender, with him), Miles Wood (didn't get in to Brown; ended up at BC and is having a sensational season), Nate Widman (injured his freshman year; currently an assistant captain for 3rd-ranked SCSU), Blake Weyrick (was ranked behind only Thatcher Demko for American goalies in the 2014 NHL draft; his millionaire family did not receive financial aid because Brown distributes solely on a need-based system with no merit-based scholarships being provided, so he bailed), and Tim Doherty (was supposed to be a freshman this year; left the school a couple weeks before the season started and will play at Maine next year).

Brown could very reasonably be a top-15 team with those players. However, we currently are 53rd in the Pairwise because the previous four recruiting classes have been so severely depleted by a ridiculously unfortunate series of events.

Anyway, Whittet won't be going anywhere - whether that's a good thing or not. His recruiting has been great but he's fallen victim to circumstances. Frankly, I don't think he's a very good coach but he's done well enough in recruiting to warrant another year or two. Plus, Brown will never fire anyone! *rolls eyes*
                Very interesting and sad at the same time.
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Hey packers and movers guy, kindly do the needful and learn how to coach for some of these teams.
                  Kindly do the needful, for same.
                  Originally posted by SJHovey
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  Originally posted by Brenthoven
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    I heard Bangalore and Hyderabad were going D1 and joining the Big 10. That's why himanshu is posting on here.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                      Very interesting and sad at the same time.
                      That's a pretty comprehensive way of summing up the program for the last two decades.

Comment

What about Michigan State? Will Mark Hollis pull the plug on the Tom Anastos era?
                        "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

His name was in the first post of the thread.

Question for all of you - I've been nosing around in all the "FIRE XXXX" threads because, well, I don't really know why. But I was wondering - does the replacement coach need to be an alum? Or is that just an extra added bonus?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            Sneddon's Cats took 2.5 of 3 points from Umile's Cats this season.
                            Beauty, battle of the cat people

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              His name was in the first post of the thread.

Question for all of you - I've been nosing around in all the "FIRE XXXX" threads because, well, I don't really know why. But I was wondering - does the replacement coach need to be an alum? Or is that just an extra added bonus?
                              Missed that, just didn't see anyone talking here about State (despite the two or three other USCHO dedicated threads).

An alum behind the bench is nice--obviously they care about the school and program--but in the end you really just need a good coach, regardless of where he got his degree. Sometimes being an alum may be too much pressure, esp. if things don't go well
                              "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

Brad Berry. Getting swept by Denver is simply unacceptable and UND needs to take a stand.
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X