Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 95, Vol 2: Michigan Tech '15-'16

Continue...

Looks like we just got a bit of help in the race for the MacNaughton from our nerd cousins down in Alabama.

Re: Season 95, Vol 2: Michigan Tech '15-'16

Dammit BGSU youbhad 1 job. Losers.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Dammit BGSU youbhad 1 job. Losers.
      BGSU win would have been nice, but no one but ourselves to blame. Can't give up back-to-back third period leads to UAA, give up two goal leads to Mich and BGSU, and expect to get an at large bid. Convert on one of the UAA games and the Mich game, and we'd be sitting at #13 in PWR.

The good news is we've played good hockey since the UAA losses and still hold our own fate. Win the Broadmoor and we're in!

Comment

I certainly think we can talk about the rest of the conf and their NC records....
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

What is the opinion, can we win 6 straight games. As last night with the Mankato result, it will be very difficult to go 6-0 with Bemidji, Alaska, and NMU on the schedule. That said, this team has gotten it done against BG and MSU, so I do not doubt them and cannot wait to see an honest effort at bringing home a trophy or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
            What is the opinion, can we win 6 straight games. As last night with the Mankato result, it will be very difficult to go 6-0 with Bemidji, Alaska, and NMU on the schedule. That said, this team has gotten it done against BG and MSU, so I do not doubt them and cannot wait to see an honest effort at bringing home a trophy or two.
            I think anything better than 4-1-1 is gravy, that feels like the minimum to make the tourney along with a first round sweep.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

You can do it!
              I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                I certainly think we can talk about the rest of the conf and their NC records....
                Rest of the conf NC record is abysmal to say the least...

Just saying we can't rely on the rest of the conf to put us in an at large bid...

Comment

More help from the Chargers tonight. Results keep Tech and BG only 4 pts back.

Comment

Our good friends in Huntsville have given us a little gift. We control our own destiny at this point. If we win out regular season but lose after the first playoff series is an at large possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
                      Our good friends in Huntsville have given us a little gift. We control our own destiny at this point. If we win out regular season but lose after the first playoff series is an at large possible?
                      I don't think we have to win out. I'm with Shirtless 4-1-1 should do it. I'm worried about Minnesota, Lowell, and Miami in particular.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        I don't think we have to win out. I'm with Shirtless 4-1-1 should do it. I'm worried about Minnesota, Lowell, and Miami in particular.
                        Will need to get to 14 without winning out (have to make room for AHA and WCHA auto bids). Have to hope Penn State, Minnesota, St Lawrence, and RPI all stumble along the way to get to 14. They all have a chance to add to their QWB as well.

That's unlikely. I think we'll need the Broadmoor to qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly100 View Post
                          Will need to get to 14 without winning out (have to make room for AHA and WCHA auto bids). Have to hope Penn State, Minnesota, St Lawrence, and RPI all stumble along the way to get to 14. They all have a chance to add to their QWB as well.

That's unlikely. I think we'll need the Broadmoor to qualify.
                          Definitely don't need the broadmoor, if they do well and make championship game I'd say they have s better than 50% shot at making top 14, whether that is good enough in the end, idk.

Comment

We held our spot in PWR without playing a game. That is good. It was huge that Minnesota State tied twice and only took 2 pts. over the weekend.
                            Now we have a legit shot at the McNaughton.
                            It is playoff hockey for the remainder of season for the most part. Take it one period, one game at a tume and see what happens.
                            I'm liking our chances for some hardware.

Thanks UAH!
                            Last edited by Wi.Huskies Fan; 02-14-2016, 09:00 AM.
                            MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                            2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                              It's doable. You'd have to think that the Huskies would be the favorite in all 3 home games, and probably a pick'em in the 3 road games. Hopefully Heinonen is now ready to go and Jackson isn't too far behind, being spoiled for choice in the lineup will be a big help as the pressure ramps up. In the back of my mind I don't see MnSt or BG winning out either, so it may not even be necessary to run the table.

Comment

Working...
                              X