Ohio State @ Bemidji State 2/12 - 2/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State @ Bemidji State 2/12 - 2/13

After hanging with #2 Wisconsin this past weekend in Columbus, the Buckeyes go back on the road for a series with the Beavers of Bemidji State. The Buckeyes played two solid games against Wisconsin, but lost by scores of 2-1 and 2-0. Ohio State must bring that same effort if they want to get points this weekend at Bemidji. The Beavers are having a nice season and are currently ranked 7th in the polls, 8th in the pairwise. In addition to the rankings, the Beavers have also clinched a spot in the top four, so they will host a first-round series in the WCHA Playoffs. Congratulations to them. Bemidji swept the Buckeyes in the first two meetings at Columbus last November by scores of 2-1 and 3-1. Ohio State has improved since then. We will see if they have improved enough to get points this weekend. The outlook for the Buckeyes at this point in the season is to continue to improve and be playing their best hockey when the playoffs roll around. That will be important as Ohio State appears to be on a collision course with the 2nd-seeded Gophers in the first round of the WCHA Playoffs. Bemidji fans, give us your thoughts on this season and what you expect this weekend. Here's to some good hockey this weekend and no injuries ... or game-ending brawls! Sorry, I am laughing as I typed that (about the brawl). It wasn't really funny, and I know we have all moved past that. I distinctly remember the short benches the next day (12 girls for us ... two lines of forwards, two lines of defensemen, two goalies). Anyway, good luck to both teams this weekend and the remainder of the season.

Re: Ohio State @ Bemidji State 2/12 - 2/13

osualum86 -Bemidji has 9 losses this season but 8 are to Minnesota and Wisconsin (the other is North Dakota) so the Beavers have done a great job of winning the games they are supposed to win. It would be a nice feather in the Buckeyes cap to take a game off Bemidji this weekend!

The Buckeyes are in a grueling section of their schedule, aren't they, with the Badgers last weekend, North Dakota next week after Bemidji, and if you are correct, the Gophers in the first round of the playoffs. Brutal

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
      The Buckeyes are in a grueling section of their schedule, aren't they, with the Badgers last weekend, North Dakota next week after Bemidji, and if you are correct, the Gophers in the first round of the playoffs. Brutal
      Actually, the coaches were recently saying the schedule looked a little soft; and have been trying to line up a scrimmage with BC to beef things up a little.

OK, jk on that. But the real schedule is just life in the WCHA. It's an honor to have the best college hockey teams in the world come to our Ice Rink. We'll keep climbing the mountain. And enjoy the climb.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
        Actually, the coaches were recently saying the schedule looked a little soft; and have been trying to line up a scrimmage with BC to beef things up a little.

OK, jk on that. But the real schedule is just life in the WCHA. It's an honor to have the best college hockey teams in the world come to our Ice Rink. We'll keep climbing the mountain. And enjoy the climb.
        Buckeyes will be top 4 next season. Talented team that will come into its own as it matures.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post

Your last paragraph sums it up for me, too. We may not win many of these, but I would never want to join another conference just so we could win a few more games. I remember a while back Ohio State was thinking about leaving the WCHA for another league (I believe it was CHA), and I am glad they stayed put. I am very happy that Jenny Potter is here and am also enjoying the climb.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
            Buckeyes will be top 4 next season. Talented team that will come into its own as it matures.
            I think they're going to have a real fight on their hands for a top 4 spot.
            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
              I agree regarding our talent and hope you are correct with the top four finish. It would be so awesome to host the playoffs for the first time since the 2006-07 season. I had to actually look that up, it's been so long. I know that Coach Jenny Potter has some lofty goals for our program. I like that. I wouldn't want someone here who didn't have lofty goals or didn't believe they could accomplish great things here. I am interested in next season's recruiting class. I was over on the recruit thread, but it only listed two kids coming to Ohio State. I guess Coach Jenny is still working on filling out the recruiting class. Actually, the thread on the 2016-17 commitment thread seems to have been taken down. In addition to new recruits, it will be nice to have Kassidy Sauve and Jincy Dunne healthy next season. We have seven seniors to replace. Position-wise, that is a goaltender, two defensemen, and four forwards. I cannot wait to see who we bring in.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                Actually, the thread on the 2016-17 commitment thread seems to have been taken down.
                By default, it only shows threads that have been active in the last two months. You can change the search criteria to see older threads like the commitment thread you mentioned, which is here:
                http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-I-Commitments
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  By default, it only shows threads that have been active in the last two months. You can change the search criteria to see older threads like the commitment thread you mentioned, which is here:
                  http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-I-Commitments

This list is also useful. Click on "College" to view recruits by school.

http://www.collegecommitments.com/CommitList.aspx?x7cq9=FEMALE

Comment

Thanks for those links! I need to bookmark or favorite that college commitments website!

Comment

Bemidji State took game one earlier tonight by a final score of 3-1. Ohio State opened the scoring with a goal from Lauren Boyle. Bemidji scored the next three goals. Those goals were scored by Stephanie Anderson, Alexis Joyce, and Hanna Moher. Brittni Mowat stopped 25 of the 26 shots she faced. The Buckeyes Alex LaMere faced 45 shots and kept the Buckeyes in this game with 42 saves. The two teams are back at it tomorrow at 5:07 pm EST.
                      Last edited by osualum86; 02-13-2016, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Osualum86 good assessment of the game. It was a fun one to watch. Plenty of chances for both teams and a lot of up and down action. The 'eyes have some nice young talent, they just ran out of gas IMO. The Beavers run four lines and they just wore them down. This is the first time of seen OS play and was impressed with how Potter has them playing. You have reason to be excited for the future. Senior night today, so will be lots of fans in the stands. Should be a fun one.

Comment

Thank you for the reply 2Bladedskates! I really was just going by the box score, so it wasn't the most in-depth analysis, but I figure when your team gets outshot that bad, the goalie is the one who is keeping it competitive. Despite all the losses this season, I certainly agree with you that Coach Jenny Potter has us playing much better now than we were earlier this season. Having gone to almost every home game and one road trip, I can attest to the improvement this team has made as the season has gone on. I definitely think Coach Jenny is going to get this program to the next level. I would like to see this program finish in the top four and host a first round playoff series in the next season or two. We do have some young talent. I cannot wait to see where we are in a couple seasons after Jenny gets some of her recruits in here. We'll see what happens today.

Comment

Bemidji would not be denied on Senior Day as they complete the sweep with a 6-2 win earlier today. The shots on goal were fairly even at 34-32 in favor of the Beavers. The difference in today's game was a dominant second period by Bemidji State as they turned a 2-1 first intermission lead into a 5-1 lead at the second intermission. Bemidji backstop Brittni Mowat had 30 saves today. The Buckeyes played two goalies. Stacy Danczak stopped 15 of the 20 shots she faced. Alex LaMere came on late in the second period and ended up stopping 13 of the 14 shots she faced. Ohio State's goals were scored by Cara Zubko and Maddy Field. The Beavers' goals were scored by Alexis Joyce (2), Reilly Fawcett, Kaitlyn Tougas, Lauren Miller, and Stephanie Anderson. The Buckeyes return home to close out the regular season vs North Dakota. Bemidji will travel to Mankato to take on Minnesota State. After that it's playoff time.

Comment

Working...
                            X