Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Harvard & Dartmouth (2/12, 2/13)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI & Union @ Harvard & Dartmouth (2/12, 2/13)

discuss
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI & Union @ Harvard & Dartmouth (2/12, 2/13)

RPI has played 125 minutes against Harvard thus far this season and hasn't put one into the Harvard net yet.

Right now, it's kind of tough to feel optimistic about RPI's chances in Friday's game.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
      RPI has played 125 minutes against Harvard thus far this season and hasn't put one into the Harvard net yet.

Right now, it's kind of tough to feel optimistic about RPI's chances in Friday's game.
      That's not the only reason not to be optimistic.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

These teams are catching RPI in the middle of their annual meltdown. Congratulations to each on two easy points.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          These teams are catching RPI in the middle of their annual meltdown. Congratulations to each on two easy points.
          These are both winnable games. It depends on which RPI team shows up. The one we saw score the first two goals last night, which I think can win, or the one that got outshot 29-11 in the second and third periods, whose chances I am less optimistic about. Everyone knows what's on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by vicious View Post
            These are both winnable games. It depends on which RPI team shows up. The one we saw score the first two goals last night, which I think can win, or the one that got outshot 29-11 in the second and third periods, whose chances I am less optimistic about. Everyone knows what's on the line.
            Pay no attention to Flaggy. He has displayed time and again he doesn't know what he's talking about.
            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

The only trouble is, as we saw last night, both can show up on the same game. It's been a very common thread in the Appert era, as well as the last two years of the Fridgen era I saw, that RPI has a difficulty in finishing out games, which leads to blown third period leads. Is it conditioning? An inability to adjust mid-game? One thing's for sure is that there is a common thread in the last 10 or so years.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                Pay no attention to Flaggy. He has displayed time and again he doesn't know what he's talking about....
                .... and the less he knows, the more he talks.
                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Points in each game would be nice for Union too, but one in each game will do at this point
                  We have a pretty motivated Freshman team on the ice these days, they're fun to watch, and they try.

Go Union !!!!
                  Let's go Union !
                  ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                  ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                  NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

If we are going to win any of these games, we are going to need to change our strategy. We can't sit back and hope that Kazzy stops everything they throw at him. We are going to have to be aggressive. Forecheck, attack the puck in our defensive zone, don't give the opposition any time to set up.
                    I don't know if we can do that with this lineup, but if we don't. we are going to need Kasdorf to stand on his head to get any points.

lets go red!!!!!!!!!!
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      If we are going to win any of these games, we are going to need to change our strategy. We can't sit back and hope that Kazzy stops everything they throw at him. We are going to have to be aggressive. Forecheck, attack the puck in our defensive zone, don't give the opposition any time to set up.
                      I don't know if we can do that with this lineup, but if we don't. we are going to need Kasdorf to stand on his head to get any points.

lets go red!!!!!!!!!!
                      I agree. I think we've been in this position for awhile IMHO Kasdorf has stolen some wins for the team (Cornell comes to mind). We can count on the opponents coming out strong with a tough physical hitting game. Harvard and Dartmouth both have something to prove and with the league standings tightening everyone is desperate for points. I'd like to see us play with more desperation too. Appert has been talking for years about the need to play the full 60 and be difficult to play against. FWIW we were doing a great job blocking shots earlier in the season, even up until fairly recently, but my sense is it's fallen off a bit in recent games. Just a hunch on that.

Comment

I agree. I think we've been in this position for awhile IMHO Kasdorf has stolen some wins for the team (Cornell comes to mind). We can count on the opponents coming out strong with a tough physical hitting game. Harvard and Dartmouth both have something to prove and with the league standings tightening everyone is desperate for points. I'd like to see us play with more desperation too. Appert has been talking for years about the need to play the full 60 and be difficult to play against. FWIW we were doing a great job blocking shots earlier in the season, even up until fairly recently, but my sense is it's fallen off a bit in recent games. Just a hunch on that.
                        Appert has been talking that talk for 10 seasons now. But the team rarely plays anywhere near 60 minutes. Hard to come to the conclusion that he has any idea how to translate that message to the ice. Hard to be optimistic when you are constantly "Beat Down."
                        "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                          Appert has been talking that talk for 10 seasons now. But the team rarely plays anywhere near 60 minutes. Hard to come to the conclusion that he has any idea how to translate that message to the ice. Hard to be optimistic when you are constantly "Beat Down."
                          Does any team play hard for 60 minutes? The problem is that we can't turn it on at will like QU does.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ok, I'm done with this "not playing for 60 minutes" garbage.
                              This team has never quit, thrown in the towel, or given up. They play a passive game that can look like they are not playing, but they are.
                              As a Devil's fan, I have seen a team play that style and win three Stanley Cups. They played defense and relied on their goalie.
                              They also had the personnel to get away with it.
                              Stop criticizing this team for lack of play. They need to be aggressive. They don't have the personnel to just sit back.
                              The team is fine, the system in not.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                              X