Kessel returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kessel returns

Per Twitter looks like Kessel makes her return. A very good Gopher team just got a whole lot better.

Re: Kessel returns

See the Gopher thread for tonight's official forward lines.
    Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
    Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
    Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

No matter how she does tonight, this is awesome! Love it when someone who was thought to be out of the game, can come back. Even if her comeback doesn't help the Gophers, it gives the US Olympic team some hope.

Comment

More media vehicles outside Ridder. #8 first on the ice for pre-game warm up.
        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

2 helpers so far...She will end up with more points than the first line of 50% of the teams out there. good for her.

Comment

Awesome player, wishing her the best!

Comment

Named the No. 1 Star of the Game tonight...
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                Named the No. 1 Star of the Game tonight...
                I felt Lev deserved that, she made some unbelievable saved & crush NDs hopes. Kessel looked OK and did get 2 helpers so I would have swapped the two

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                  I felt Lev deserved that, she made some unbelievable saved & crush NDs hopes. Kessel looked OK and did get 2 helpers so I would have swapped the two
                  Which is why you don't get to vote. Leveille played great; no argument. But Kessel brought the magic into the building, and you have to appreciate that.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

So how many minutes did she play and how did she look?
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Both Amandas played great and Amanda K's smile when she came out to wave to the crowd after being named the 1st star of the game was radiant.
                      "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        So how many minutes did she play and how did she look?
                        She took regular shifts with Brandt and Cameranesi. Sophie Skarzynski took her place a few times during the first two periods, though she also played at least one shift for Cameranesi. Kessel was out on the penalty kill and played all 14 seconds of power play time that the Gophers had.

As I said above, I was pleasantly surprised about how well she played her first game in two years. She didn't dominate, but she was definitely noticeable, and one of the UND defensemen almost had her pocket picked at the top of the circle. Kessel didn't shy away from action in the corners and along the boards. In all, I think she'll be a very good addition to the team even if she doesn't reach the level she was at in 2013. She needs to build up her stamina, and I have no idea how long that will take.

And adding her won't exactly hurt a power play already clicking at 48%. They've now converted all three chances they've had in the last three games.

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                          Both Amandas played great and Amanda K's smile when she came out to wave to the crowd after being named the 1st star of the game was radiant.
                          It couldn't have been bigger than the one when she came out for introductions unless she's a gug.

Comment

She also helped put the Gopher women on the front page of the Star Tribune's sports section this morning, which is pretty rare:

Kessel's two assists in return help Gophers defeat North Dakota 3-0
                            http://www.startribune.com/kessel-s-...0/367887451/#1
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              Which is why you don't get to vote. Leveille played great; no argument. But Kessel brought the magic into the building, and you have to appreciate that.
                              I thought 'stars of the game' went to players according to their contribution to the win not attendance. Yes, 8 brought magic & I recognize that, I still think that it was 29 saved this from being a lot closer or worse. It was also her best work this year, if she sustains that for the rest of the season I may have to alter my predictions for the championship!
                              Last edited by ne7minder; 02-06-2016, 09:24 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Working...
                              X