Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kessel returns

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
    I thought 'stars of the game' went to players according to their contribution to the win not attendance.
    Exactly. Kessel gets my vote for #1 star. I'm not disputing Lev's contributions at all, but I don't see it as a close call, so let's agree to disagree.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      So how many minutes did she play and how did she look?
      I can't add much to what eeyore said below except to comment that there was no fear in her play - she went hard into the corners and didn't shy from contact. It scared the h-e-double-l outta me but raised my admiration for the woman more than I thought possible. I expected some tentativeness given her situation but she played as if that never happened.

Comment

Agree with most sentiment. Kessel looked good. I'm cool with her getting top billing although I probably saw Cameranesi more often.

Based on a tiny sample size, I wonder if the next few games see Kessel being an assist machine. I would guess its going to take awhile for her to get the go-to-the net killer instinct back.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
          Exactly. Kessel gets my vote for #1 star. I'm not disputing Lev's contributions at all, but I don't see it as a close call, so let's agree to disagree.
          I admit to not being close to in your league at evaluating play so I defer to you. Maybe the build up made me expect too much, maybe it's that I have seen her have a bigger impact on games (which I admit may be unfair given her situation), or maybe it is my affinity for goaltenders. But this is all part of the fun of being a fan of GWH, we can argue about a triviality like who had a bigger impact on the game which does not matter in the scheme of things when there are so many deserving candidates.

Comment

Nice interview with Frost on Hockey Day and Amanda Kessel. He broke down their power play and how much she helps. LOL! They are clicking at 48% and would be scary sick if they got any better!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2Bladedskates View Post
              Nice interview with Frost on Hockey Day and Amanda Kessel. He broke down their power play and how much she helps. LOL! They are clicking at 48% and would be scary sick if they got any better!!
              They're now 38/75, or 50.7%. So I guess that makes them 'scary sick'.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w.../teamcume.html
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post

Like how the announcer dude (who typically did a really good job) said 'and now the Gopher powerplay which is one of the best in the country'. True statement that.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post

collegehockeystats.net shows the PP at 37/75, so there must be a discrepancy on a goal scored as a penalty expired.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Not having played a game in two years, her first games back are in a heated rivalry series with two good teams 30 games into their seasons. And playing games that really matter. Considering the deep end she dove into, I thought she performed amazingly well.

Her vision on the ice was great, she made some beautiful passes, and a bunch of times was very determined with the puck with excellent hands. She seemed to get tired a little bit a few times, especially Saturday

I think she slightly disrupted a power play that was 50%. Figure Frost was going all in with her, and assume she will get better over the next few weeks.

Whatever anyone thinks of the “wisdom” of her decision to come back I think she is a heck of a courageous individual.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                      Not having played a game in two years, her first games back are in a heated rivalry series with two good teams 30 games into their seasons. And playing games that really matter. Considering the deep end she dove into, I thought she performed amazingly well.

Her vision on the ice was great, she made some beautiful passes, and a bunch of times was very determined with the puck with excellent hands. She seemed to get tired a little bit a few times, especially Saturday

I think she slightly disrupted a power play that was 50%. Figure Frost was going all in with her, and assume she will get better over the next few weeks.

Whatever anyone thinks of the “wisdom” of her decision to come back I think she is a heck of a courageous individual.
                      It scared me but not her, she drove right into corners and scrums, gotta admire the courage. She made some stunning passes on Sat and caught her line mates by surprise more than once or twice. I thought she looked good in OT but it probably was a second wind. She definitely was the best player on the ice but the team needs more time together, hopefully UMD will give them a challenge and the work they need to jell.

Comment

Working...
                      X