SLU @ RPI, Frtiday, February 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLU @ RPI, Frtiday, February 5th

It's a big weekend. SLU's in town on Friday night.
    Let's go, Red! Just win, baby!
    Last edited by fr. joe; 02-04-2016, 11:13 PM.

Re: SLU @ RPI, Frtiday, February 5th

2015-16 Thread-Starting Statistics:

Code:
    Ralph Baer         8- 1- 3 19 points  .792
    engineerhockeyfan  3- 1- 0  6 points  .750
    fr joe             1- 2- 2  4 points  .400
    RPI92              1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    DrDemento          1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    fishcore12         0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    jmhusker           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cumulative 2003-04 - 2015-16 Thread-Starting Statistics

Code:
    Ralph Baer        52-45-17 121 points  .531
    fr joe            43-49-12  98 points  .471
    engineerhockeyfan 24-25- 5  53 points  .491
    Red Cloud         11- 3- 1  23 points  .767
    hockeyhound       11-14- 1  23 points  .442
    GRussinko         10-15- 2  22 points  .407
    DrDemento          7-20- 4  18 points  .290
    burgie12           6- 2- 1  13 points  .722
    rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1  13 points  .500
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1   9 points  .450
    FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0   8 points 1.000
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1   7 points  .438
    Waite21            2- 6- 2   6 points  .300
    jericho            3-10- 0   6 points  .231
    JCrawford          2- 1- 0   4 points  .667
    REDRocket          2- 3- 0   4 points  .400
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1   3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1   3 points  .500
    fishcore12         0- 0- 3   3 points  .500
    berbs91            1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
    drshoen            1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0   2 points  .500
    lugnut92           1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
    NYhockeyguy        1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
    RPI92              1- 4- 0   2 points  .200
    redrocker          0- 0- 1   1 point   .500
    RKarger            0- 0- 1   1 point   .500
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1   1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1   1 point   .125
    RPI_2003           0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    RenPI              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    Priceless          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    REDaero91          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    jmhusker           0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
    RPI fan 4 life     0- 3- 0   0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 3- 0   0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3

Alma Mater
    http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/...ma%20Mater.mp3
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

We had better have our scoring skates on for tonight as this SLU team is offensively talented. Let Us Proceed With Vigor and Determination Red!!!
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I hope that this team realized the importance of the next 8 games. We can't leave the first period to Kasdorf. We have to come out aggressive and stay that way for the entire game.
        Hopefully we will get back some of our injured players for the rest of the season.

lets go red!!!!!!!!!!!
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          We had better have our scoring skates on for tonight as this SLU team is offensively talented. Let Us Proceed With Vigor and Determination Red!!!
          2.85/gm is great compared to us, but down from the Carey/Flanagan days.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

SA's pregame video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7Ee...em-subs_digest
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              2.85/gm is great compared to us, but down from the Carey/Flanagan days.
              i know we all love the stats, but this is about match ups and every time we play SLU I get the feeling they are on a perpetual power play as they control the puck in our end for long periods of time. Tonight we have to find a way, any way, to tilt the ice downhill. I know we won up in Canton this year but i felt they played us even or better and we simply found a way to win (never a bad thing). A win tonight and we get just so much more momentum for tomorrow in front of a big crowd.

Comment

Really good video interview from SA saying exactly what needs to be said. His description of SLU is spot on and their defensemen are key as they are a big part of contributing to the offense with their puck handling abilities and especially how they just keep the puck in your zone. He mentioned how this year we have been all banged up. Seems to me that statement can be made almost every year. Do we suffer more injuries than others? Is it the type of game we play? Is it recruiting of fragile players? is it practices being too rough? I am not sure we suffer more injuries than others, but it sure seems that way. Ideas? Anyone?

Comment

Really good video interview from SA saying exactly what needs to be said. His description of SLU is spot on and their defensemen are key as they are a big part of contributing to the offense with their puck handling abilities and especially how they just keep the puck in your zone. He mentioned how this year we have been all banged up. Seems to me that statement can be made almost every year. Do we suffer more injuries than others? Is it the type of game we play? Is it recruiting of fragile players? is it practices being too rough? I am not sure we suffer more injuries than others, but it sure seems that way. Ideas? Anyone?
                  Doc, I think it is all of the above.
                  Some recruits come in with previous injuries that get exploited by our opposition.
                  I have never seen a practice, but SA seems to want an all out practice leading up to a game. I have to believe that some of the guys go too far in their attempt to gain favor with the coach. And in the games, we have seen our players run (Kasdorf) causing injuries.
                  On another subject, I was at the Bentley game and saw Rodriquez play a very up tempo in your face game. He was very disruptive and caused havoc with Bentley's play.
                  Now when I see him, he is no where near playing that type of game. I can't believe that anyone told him to tone it down, but he is certainly not the same player he was in that game.
                  We could use that guy to step up this weekend.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                    Doc, I think it is all of the above.
                    Some recruits come in with previous injuries that get exploited by our opposition.
                    I have never seen a practice, but SA seems to want an all out practice leading up to a game. I have to believe that some of the guys go too far in their attempt to gain favor with the coach. And in the games, we have seen our players run (Kasdorf) causing injuries.
                    On another subject, I was at the Bentley game and saw Rodriquez play a very up tempo in your face game. He was very disruptive and caused havoc with Bentley's play.
                    Now when I see him, he is no where near playing that type of game. I can't believe that anyone told him to tone it down, but he is certainly not the same player he was in that game.
                    We could use that guy to step up this weekend.
                    EHF: I have certainly not made an exhaustive comparison to other teams and maybe they get as many injuries as we do. But I have followed RPI long enough to see that this was not a major concern going back to the older days. So either it is us, or it is the changing game. But if it is the latter, then it should be affecting all other teams and I just do not see that. As a physician I try to carefully understand how the injuries are occurring but have no clue here. BTW, your post on ARod is right on. He is different now than earlier but perhaps he is nursing a chronic injury also? Let's just keep everything crossed for tonight. This will be the only game I see this weekend as we have plans for tomorrow evening that I have tried to cancel but cannot.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Can you bring in that many recruits in a single trip?
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        Gary Player

Comment

EHF: I have certainly not made an exhaustive comparison to other teams and maybe they get as many injuries as we do. But I have followed RPI long enough to see that this was not a major concern going back to the older days. So either it is us, or it is the changing game. But if it is the latter, then it should be affecting all other teams and I just do not see that. As a physician I try to carefully understand how the injuries are occurring but have no clue here. BTW, your post on ARod is right on. He is different now than earlier but perhaps he is nursing a chronic injury also? Let's just keep everything crossed for tonight. This will be the only game I see this weekend as we have plans for tomorrow evening that I have tried to cancel but cannot.
                          I don't if we're any more bitten than other squads...I think it varies year to year--most of injuries this year have been in game:
                          Kaz: last year fluke non contact practice injury, this year he got run
                          Tironese- cheap shot
                          Riley- in game injury
                          Reno - ditto
                          Milos- game injury
                          Liljegren-has not been physical presence he was last year, my hunch is he's nicked up
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I speak the obvious. The boys need a four point weekend, and that would start with tonight. Two points at a time. I know a person who is traveling six hours tomorrow to be at "Freakout!" and my guess would be this, The crowd will be rowdy as always, but with anything less than two points tonight will result in a slightly less rowdy crowd for Saturday.

It's still Freakout, and it's still Clarkson, so I still think tomorrow night will be fun.

As for tonight? Must win! LET'S GO RED!

I will be watching on RPITV.
                            Last edited by John Cloninger RPI 96; 02-05-2016, 04:46 PM.
                            JPC '96

Comment

Looks like its going to be another split-screen night for me. Clarkson seems to have free video for the women's game.

Comment

Working...
                              X