UAH vs. UAA fighting for playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAH vs. UAA fighting for playoffs

Looking at the standings (a whimpering cry suddenly fills my ears), crucial weekend as we play UAH. We sit at 14 points with 18 games played, UAH 9 points with also 18 GP. All the teams in the WCHA have either played 18 or 20 games, the path to the playoffs might just hinge on this weekend. UAA is indeed on a slide since the week before break, this is the perfect opponent to break our slump. But UAH has come on since joining the WCHA and often was our equal. I'm sure they wanna play in the playoffs so can they come up here and get major points? Or will the home team wins some fans back from the Aces??
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Re: UAH vs. UAA fighting for playoffs

Going over the stats we are very similar in league play. I think what it will come down to is goals by period. UAA tends to score early then trail off, UAH starts slow and picks up quietly. We've given up a lot of goals in the 2nd, UAH in the third.
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
      Looking at the standings (a whimpering cry suddenly fills my ears), crucial weekend as we play UAH. We sit at 14 points with 18 games played, UAH 9 points with also 18 GP. All the teams in the WCHA have either played 18 or 20 games, the path to the playoffs might just hinge on this weekend. UAA is indeed on a slide since the week before break, this is the perfect opponent to break our slump. But UAH has come on since joining the WCHA and often was our equal. I'm sure they wanna play in the playoffs so can they come up here and get major points? Or will the home team wins some fans back from the Aces??
      We may not win any fans back right away ... but one thing is for sure, if they don't start winning and especially at home, they will play in an empty arena.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Talked with Coach Thomas today. He says it's a must sweep weekend (among other things ... dude loves to talk hockey).

Comment

Coach's Corner this evening 6pm at the Varsity Sports grill in the Alaska Airlines Center on UAA campus
          That's you Charger fans also
          See you there

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
            Coach's Corner this evening 6pm at the Varsity Sports grill in the Alaska Airlines Center on UAA campus
            That's you Charger fans also
            See you there
            Just got the word that UAH Coach Mike Corbett will be attending and speaking tonight.
            You Charger folks better come get the latest scoop.
            See you there.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
              We may not win any fans back right away ... but one thing is for sure, if they don't start winning and especially at home, they will play in an empty arena.
              This is our struggle as well. 'Tis not fun.
              Michael Napier - UAH '97
              uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
              U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
              NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
              CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
              CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                Going over the stats we are very similar in league play. I think what it will come down to is goals by period. UAA tends to score early then trail off, UAH starts slow and picks up quietly. We've given up a lot of goals in the 2nd, UAH in the third.
                One thing I noticed regarding the team comparison is that UAH has had the better penalty kill. We've have good stretches of consecutive penalties killed (35 in a row at one point), but if it's off at all, opponents have made us pay when they're on the power play. It's helped that we've started to reduce the number of silly turnovers.
                Michael Napier - UAH '97
                uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                  Talked with Coach Thomas today. He says it's a must sweep weekend (among other things ... dude loves to talk hockey).
                  Good to see you back here!

I sure hope we see Mitchell in the line up tomorrow. Get healthy guys!
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

One mistake may have just cost the team the playoffs.

Whatever it may be, we don't deserve to make the playoffs.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      One mistake may have just cost the team the playoffs.

Whatever it may be, we don't deserve to make the playoffs.
                      How frustrating, as UAA outplayed the Chargers for much of that game. Someone needs to light a fire under them! Losing to the last place team in OUR barn is unacceptable.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

How frustrating, as UAA outplayed the Chargers for much of that game. Someone needs to light a fire under them! Losing to the last place team in OUR barn is unacceptable.
                        Matt Larose won that game for us. He was pretty sharp. I feel for Mantha because he was just as good.

I'm just glad we're breathing for another 24 hours.
                        Michael Napier - UAH '97
                        uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

I wouldn't say we outplayed them. Maybe in stretches but not completely.

This team is too fancy. Defensemen that won't pass out of the zone and forwards that won't shoot. They don't have enough talent to win on talent alone, and yet they try too. Gotta keep it simple.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            This team is too fancy. Defensemen that won't pass out of the zone and forwards that won't shoot. They don't have enough talent to win on talent alone, and yet they try too. Gotta keep it simple.
                            Agree with the too fancy. Especially on shooting the puck. Just shoot the darn thing.
                            We are not putting a guy in front for a rebound. They stay on the perimeter hoping to receive a pass. I wonder if Thomas is teaching this style? With the guys we've got I doubt it.
                            And when we shoot into a crowd it seems we shoot high while basic hockey strategy says to shoot low into a crowd.
                            Hoping for a better result tonight.
                            P.S. Corbett is the most approachable visiting coach I've ever seen. Even came into the Blue Room prior to the game and spent 20 minutes just bsing about anything and everything.

Comment

UAH making the playoffs is unrealistic with series left against MSU, BGSU, NMU, and BSU — two of the top three and four of the top six. All we can really do is make your playoff run difficult.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                              X