Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Hockey conferences are what CFB conference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Hockey conferences are what CFB conference?

Upon watching highlights of MSU trashing LSSU 8-0, it got me wondering what each college hockey conference is similar to in college football? It would have the same breakdown I believe, Power 5 vs. Group of 5 (Power 3 vs. Hat Trick [3 duh]).

Hockey East = SEC easy correlation for me
    NCHC = Big 12 strong up top with UND & UNO now
    Big Ten = Big Ten? hard time since I would consider most of their teams has-beens with the newWCHA

ECAC = ACC they both continue to get stronger and more profile teams as of late
    WCHA = MWC, Boise State = Minnesota State
    AHC = Sun Belt/MAC, UAA has a good record against AHC teams so that's all you need to know

What are your thoughts? I would see an argument to swap Big Ten and ECAC but the Big Ten just has soo much history behind it.
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Re: College Hockey conferences are what CFB conference?

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
    What are your thoughts? I would see an argument to swap Big Ten and ECAC but the Big Ten just has soo much history behind it.
    my thoughts are...I don't want college hockey to be compared to (or resemble) college football in any way, shape, or form.
    Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 • SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
      my thoughts are...I don't want college hockey to be compared to (or resemble) college football in any way, shape, or form.
      Thank you.
      Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
      University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
        +1.

I find the very thought of college hockey being equated with the corrupt, maggot infested cesspool that is BCS football to be beyond insulting. Stop!
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

ditto
          ditto
          ditto
          and ditto.
          I would however love to see D1 hockey expand to 80 teams. Split them up into 10 conferences and the bottom 2 of each conference are out of their conference playoffs. Then the ncaa field should be the 8 regular season champs and 8 at large berths based on the PWR. No conference playoff champions would get an autobid, thus eliminating fluke berths. If your win loss record sucks you don't get in period.
          UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
            ditto
            ditto
            ditto
            and ditto.
            I would however love to see D1 hockey expand to 80 teams. Split them up into 10 conferences and the bottom 2 of each conference are out of their conference playoffs. Then the ncaa field should be the 8 regular season champs and 8 at large berths based on the PWR. No conference playoff champions would get an autobid, thus eliminating fluke berths. If your win loss record sucks you don't get in period.
            You're going to have to add 20 teams to get to 80 first.

Comment

You had me up to the last part of conference champions not getting in. I think that would make it a hard sell to get to the 80 teams.
              2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
              2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2010 Frozen Four participant
              2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Working...
              X