Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU at OSU. Any chance of at least one Spartan Victory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSU at OSU. Any chance of at least one Spartan Victory?

So, Any chance of a Spartan Victory in Columbus this week-end? I'm guessing slim to none.
    Thoughts?

Re: MSU at OSU. Any chance of at least one Spartan Victory?

Nope
    Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
    University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Ohio state has no room to take the Spartans for granted. If they don't come out and work hard they will lose.

Comment

Hopefully not. I wouldn't mind donating 6 points to OSU.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
          Ohio state has no room to take the Spartans for granted. If they don't come out and work hard they will lose.
          Ha! If you're talking about a race to the bottom, MSU will find a way to get there first. This team stopped caring in November. (Well, aside from Holland, who genuinely cares about being the biggest goon on the ice.)

I think there's a possibility for a split when OSU comes to Munn. But yeah, OSU is guaranteed to sweep this weekend. It would, frankly, be a massive black eye on their program if they didn't.
          Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
          66 - 86 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Geez, I hope MSU can somehow cobble together a win.

Worst. Season. Ever.
            "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

Ya I mean the way they've been playing, OSU should roll, but you never now. I think Kearney is suspended? If the Buckeye offense is like it was last Friday, MSU has a chance, but they're doomed if OSU can put more than 4 or 5 goals on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
                Ya I mean the way they've been playing, OSU should roll, but you never now. I think Kearney is suspended? If the Buckeye offense is like it was last Friday, MSU has a chance, but they're doomed if OSU can put more than 4 or 5 goals on the board.
                Healey is suspended for the series.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                  Healey is suspended for the series.
                  Oh ya. Healey. My mistake.

Comment

I'm saying 4-2. 3-1 OSU. MSU blows a third period lead in at least one of them.

Comment

I'll go 5-2, 3-2 OSU.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I don't foresee a Spartan victory, but if they want to get one out of the way this week and play terrible next week, I'd appreciate it.

I believe the race for worst in the B1G is clearly between MSU and Wisconsin. I still believe Ohio State is a much better team than their record would lead you to believe.

ugh, I feel kind of gross saying something nice about **ckeyes
                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G
                        7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                        2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                          I don't foresee a Spartan victory, but if they want to get one out of the way this week and play terrible next week, I'd appreciate it.

I believe the race for worst in the B1G is clearly between MSU and Wisconsin. I still believe Ohio State is a much better team than their record would lead you to believe.

ugh, I feel kind of gross saying something nice about **ckeyes
                          If by some strange turn of events (Lunar and solar eclipse. The Earth decides to revolve the opposite direction. China turns in to a democracy.) and MSU gets at least one win, then you should be concerned about next week end. If they get swept.....again, then you should be safe for another six points.

Comment

When you don't play hard for 60 minutes anyone can beat you. Ohio State got what they deserved tonight. They thought they could just throw out the sticks and Michigan state wound just go away. Give the Spartans credit they took advantage of the mistakes Ohio state made and won a hockey game.

Comment

Just about exactly what I was afraid would happen. Buckeyes couldn't get the offense rolling, and MSU took the win. Still, there's no reason we can't get the split tomorrow. We'll see.

Comment

Working...
                              X