PDA

View Full Version : North Star Cup 1/30-31 - SCSU, UM, BSU, MSU-M: Who is drinking where?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RL3AO
01-29-2016, 11:39 PM
I think Omaha is trending down

The Chinese stock market looks at Omaha and is glad its not trending down that much.

SCSU Euro
01-29-2016, 11:41 PM
I am concerned. We are the suckiest sucks to ever suck. We lost to CC! I mean, I didn't watch the game, but it doesn't matter HOW the game was played, just that we lost.

Holy hell, tArrogance is back with a vengeance.

The Rube
01-29-2016, 11:48 PM
[insert mild insult at SCSU]
[SCSU fans go nuts, get defensive, and rail on Gopher fans]
[Gopher fans laugh at little sister]
[SCSU fans accuse MN fans of being obsessive, not noticing the hypocrisy]

First Time, Long Time
01-30-2016, 12:09 AM

He's your idiot...you get to claim him. :)

The Rube
01-30-2016, 03:05 AM
He's your idiot...you get to claim him. :)

Oh, that was just a general post/observation. Not directed at any post in particular.

Koho
01-30-2016, 08:24 AM
Anyone that thinks SCSU isn't heavy favorite is kidding him or herself.

SCSU is clearly the favorite in this field, but I will give SteveO the fact that this Gopher team is playing much better now than when the two teams met before. This is hockey. One win per day is all a team needs, so the odds the Gophers win it are much better now (based on the amount of improvement in their recent play) than if this tourney were 4-6 weeks ago, so one could argue about your use of the term "heavy" (semantics). Of course because it is single elimination hockey, there is no guarantee it won't be Gophs v SCSU playing at 1 on Sunday either. And I don't feel like (and am too lazy to look back) SteveO said Gophs should be considered the favorite, just his prediction they'd win.

I could just as easily predict that the Gophs will slip in for a quickie early against the beavers. Getting overconfident scoring so easily , the Gophs pull back a little and so when things start to get rough and bloody during the first period, they allow the Beavers to come multiple times down the ice and score a few. Then the Beavers manage to hold on through all the Gopher surges to eke out a win. It could happen. Doesn't mean I am saying the beavs are better than the Gophs.

Koho
01-30-2016, 08:24 AM

So predictable, isn't it?

captain beefheart
01-30-2016, 08:41 AM
SteveO, I think you're gonna need a bigger boat.

Lady wore Black
01-30-2016, 09:29 AM
Well, it is game day. DL and myself will be at the Liffy. Yes, Hoven, I will get an Irish Coffee and drink it in your honor. Not because he stated the obvious earlier in this thread, but it is a traditional drink at the Liffy. Then pile on about 3 or 10 Irish Car Bombs.

On a side note: Go Huskies!

The Rube
01-30-2016, 09:50 AM
Well, it is game day. DL and myself will be at the Liffy. Yes, Hoven, I will get an Irish Coffee and drink it in your honor. Not because he stated the obvious earlier in this thread, but it is a traditional drink at the Liffy. Then pile on about 3 or 10 Irish Car Bombs.

On a side note: Go Huskies!

Man, I'm tempted to join you, I'm heading to Lino Lakes this afternoon on a growler run at Hammerheart. Call it a game-time decision...yes, I'm serious. Hammerheart opens at 2pm, so the timing would be right on.....[edit] for the MN game

Edit: Sigh. And just figured out that you won't stay for the MN game. No Liffey for me. Church tomorrow, though, if you guys are up for it.

Lady wore Black
01-30-2016, 10:00 AM
Man, I'm tempted to join you, I'm heading to Lino Lakes this afternoon on a growler run at Hammerheart. Call it a game-time decision...yes, I'm serious. Hammerheart opens at 2pm, so the timing would be right on.....[edit] for the MN game

Edit: Sigh. And just figured out that you won't stay for the MN game. No Liffey for me. Church tomorrow, though, if you guys are up for it.

I'd stay if you make your way to St. Paul.

The Rube
01-30-2016, 10:07 AM
I'd stay if you make your way to St. Paul.

You are quite the devil. I will text you at 2ish, and let you know.

Lady wore Black
01-30-2016, 10:10 AM
You are quite the devil. I will text you at 2ish, and let you know.

I know I'm the offspring of the devil. I'll be there for all the games. :D

Tipsy McStagger
01-30-2016, 10:46 AM
SCSU is clearly the favorite in this field, but I will give SteveO the fact that this Gopher team is playing much better now than when the two teams met before. This is hockey. One win per day is all a team needs, so the odds the Gophers win it are much better now (based on the amount of improvement in their recent play) than if this tourney were 4-6 weeks ago, so one could argue about your use of the term "heavy" (semantics). Of course because it is single elimination hockey, there is no guarantee it won't be Gophs v SCSU playing at 1 on Sunday either. And I don't feel like (and am too lazy to look back) SteveO said Gophs should be considered the favorite, just his prediction they'd win.

I could just as easily predict that the Gophs will slip in for a quickie early against the beavers. Getting overconfident scoring so easily , the Gophs pull back a little and so when things start to get rough and bloody during the first period, they allow the Beavers to come multiple times down the ice and score a few. Then the Beavers manage to hold on through all the Gopher surges to eke out a win. It could happen. Doesn't mean I am saying the beavs are better than the Gophs.
It was more the ridiculous "sample" he was using. Gophers have won five in a row, so I will just include the last five even though their loss the previous night against PSU is just as recent and relevant as their win.

Anyone can win this tournament, there are no terrible teams in it.

The Rube
01-30-2016, 10:54 AM
I know I'm the offspring of the devil. I'll be there for all the games. :D

I'm 99% in, after thinking about it. Carpe diem.

Slap Shot
01-30-2016, 11:15 AM
Is there a more angry fanbase even when things are going well?

Hope the Gophs take care of business today so we can see how they match up against the #2. Would be fun to see.

D2D
01-30-2016, 11:52 AM
From the Gophers perspective...they appear to be very motivated:

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-hockey-hopes-to-put-woes-against-in-state-rivals-behind/367065641/

First Time, Long Time
01-30-2016, 11:56 AM
Is there a more angry fanbase even when things are going well?

Hope the Gophs take care of business today so we can see how they match up against the #2. Would be fun to see.

Sad part is you think we're angry...we're not.

SteveO
01-30-2016, 11:57 AM

Yeah, pretty much nailed it there.:D I'm not sure I've seen a more jr. high like fan base.

SteveO
01-30-2016, 12:04 PM
It was more the ridiculous "sample" he was using. Gophers have won five in a row, so I will just include the last five even though their loss the previous night against PSU is just as recent and relevant as their win.

Apparently I touched a nerve. It's not supposed to be valid "sample size". Just highlighting a current trend and comparing teams. You're free to post your own "sample size" as well. Not a problem.