PDA

View Full Version : North Star Cup 1/30-31 - SCSU, UM, BSU, MSU-M: Who is drinking where?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Tipsy McStagger
01-31-2016, 05:24 PM
You JUST realized how stupid you are? You've been stupid from the womb, pinhead.
I still have my mental health. Thankful for that.

St. Clown
01-31-2016, 05:25 PM
I remember how much I hated Mazzocco calling the games on FSN. After Lapanta and McLeod, I realize how stupid I was.

McLeod's not bad, but he lacks the flair that Mazz had as the PBP guy.

Jockstock
01-31-2016, 05:27 PM

I love it when morons slip back into denial. So predictable. You can go back to touching yourself now.

St. Clown
01-31-2016, 05:52 PM

Speaking of mental health issues, do you remember that Tyler Hirsch guy (https://youtu.be/RCgqLXc8ZUQ)?

Happy
01-31-2016, 06:01 PM
Speaking of mental health issues, do you remember that Tyler Hirsch guy (https://youtu.be/RCgqLXc8ZUQ)?

He still has more NCAA National Championship rings than all St Cloud players put together.

burd
01-31-2016, 06:06 PM
He still has more NCAA National Championship rings than all St Cloud players put together.

Won the shootout too.

Dude Love
01-31-2016, 07:24 PM
McLeod's not bad, but he lacks the flair that Mazz had as the PBP guy.

No...McLeod is atrocious. Wrong players, wrong teams, and nobody corrects him. #ratcheted

St. Clown
01-31-2016, 07:33 PM
No...McLeod is atrocious. Wrong players, wrong teams, and nobody corrects him. #ratcheted

Show me a PBP guy who does work for just one team that ever gets all the names for the opponents' team right. It just doesn't happen.

St. Clown
01-31-2016, 07:34 PM

Two rings and two dollars will get him a Pick 2 at Mickey D's in his life after hockey.

Happy
01-31-2016, 07:44 PM
Two rings and two dollars will get him a Pick 2 at Mickey D's in his life after hockey.

What do clowns get?

St. Clown
01-31-2016, 07:46 PM
What do clowns get?

Ten bucks and free cake at select kids' birthday parties.

joecct
01-31-2016, 07:47 PM

I had the sound down on the TV and listened to Schultzie on the BeaverRadioNetwork. Good broadcasting team.

The Rube
01-31-2016, 07:49 PM
I remember how much I hated Mazzocco calling the games on FSN. After Lapanta and McLeod, I realize how stupid I was.

Frank is good. I'll be the first to admit that Sonmor was beyond homerish, I couldn't listen to him. Yeah. LaPanta would be okay if he lost his "Super TV Announcer Guy Voice."

Biddco
01-31-2016, 07:54 PM
Show me a PBP guy who does work for just one team that ever gets all the names for the opponents' team right. It just doesn't happen.

There's a reason he's not doing NHL games anymore, he's on the downward side of his broadcasting career.

I didn't catch any of the games but based on what I'm seeing it sounds like attendance was an issue. Worse than years past?

St. Clown
01-31-2016, 07:55 PM
Frank is good. I'll be the first to admit that Sonmor was beyond homerish, I couldn't listen to him. Yeah. LaPanta would be okay if he lost his "Super TV Announcer Guy Voice."

Sonmor's over the top homerism is what I liked about him. "Aw, geez, they're killing us out there! What game are these refs watching?"

The Rube
01-31-2016, 08:31 PM
Sonmor's over the top homerism is what I liked about him. "Aw, geez, they're killing us out there! What game are these refs watching?"

I guess if you like that sort of thing, sure. I want at least some sort of neutrality. A comment here and there that is homerish, okay, that's cool, caught in the moment. Once you go Hawk Harrelson though.....

SCSU2039
01-31-2016, 08:56 PM
It's like FSN made no effort to actually learn anything about the teams not called the gophers and used some intern's non fact checked notes to provide insight about the other teams. For a few minutes I thought MSU had a player named Renik since they kept saying that name, only to realise they meant SCSU's Benik.

Tipsy McStagger
01-31-2016, 09:23 PM

You picked up what I was layin down.

St. Clown
01-31-2016, 10:11 PM
I guess if you like that sort of thing, sure. I want at least some sort of neutrality. A comment here and there that is homerish, okay, that's cool, caught in the moment. Once you go Hawk Harrelson though.....

It used to annoy me, but then I started to embrace it and have fun with it. Hockey's become so very sterile with its cast of characters over the past twenty years that hearing a guy like Sonmor on the radio made me appreciate some of those stories I'd read about coaches, players and even media guys from years long ago now. Woog was able to get across his character with his Woogisms and showing his love of Gopher hockey without the homerism on full display while doing the color anlayst, but it's good to have the variety between Sonmor and Woog because that's what helped make these guys unique.

The Rube
01-31-2016, 10:12 PM
It used to annoy me, but then I started to embrace it and have fun with it. Hockey's become so very sterile with its cast of characters over the past twenty years that hearing a guy like Sonmor on the radio made me appreciate some of those stories I'd read about coaches, players and even media guys from years long ago now. Woog was able to get across his character with his Woogisms and showing his love of Gopher hockey without the homerism on full display while doing the color anlayst, but it's good to have the variety between Sonmor and Woog because that's what helped make these guys unique.

This. All this.