No announcement yet.

Time to eliminate hitting from men's hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucia already sat Seeler down and told him hits like that can't happen. And he was suspended for the hit. But let's keep making this whole discussion about your team.

Perhaps we should focus on the repeat offenders who's actions aren't being corrected. If you can stand not being the focus of the conversation for a minute, that is.
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Re: Time to eliminate hitting from men's hockey

Look. wittchow the BADger will get at least a 2 game suspension for a dirty hit on a Gopher player two years in a row. He lined up to give a dirty hit to novak, and cleaned his clock. The Gophers are not going to go to that extreme against jan.
      Last edited by Happy; 01-25-2016, 01:06 PM.
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
        Lucia already sat Seeler down and told him hits like that can't happen. And he was suspended for the hit. But let's keep making this whole discussion about your team.

Perhaps we should focus on the repeat offenders who's actions aren't being corrected. If you can stand not being the focus of the conversation for a minute, that is.
        After that game, the count is three times he's been suspended for cheap shots now. Yeah, Lucia wasn't looking for that coming into this season at all...

It never was about SCSU, it's about Lucia knowingly bringing in a player with multiple suspensions for cheap hits prior to this season. Lucia knew it was going to happen at some point in the season and he still brought in the castoff goon. It just so happened that he laid out a charging elbow shot to the head of our little Finn rather than saving it up for Bucky - because he's a smart U of M student.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          After that game, the count is three times he's been suspended for cheap shots now. Yeah, Lucia wasn't looking for that coming into this season at all...

It never was about SCSU, it's about Lucia knowingly bringing in a player with multiple suspensions for cheap hits prior to this season. Lucia knew it was going to happen at some point in the season and he still brought in the castoff goon. It just so happened that he laid out a charging elbow shot to the head of our little Finn rather than saving it up for Bucky - because he's a smart U of M student.
          So Lucia is responsible for his behavior before he comes into his program? That's laughable. He got suspended for the hit this year (a suspension I've seen no Gopher fan argue wasn't warranted). Lucia talked to him and said that those hits won't fly here. He's been warned, any additional infractions should be dealt with more severely.

I just love the fact that you clowns will do anything, ANYTHING, to try and steer discussions to your program. I'm not a SCSU hater like many Gopher fans are, but I can certainly understand the Jan Brady comments.

No one is arguing with you on Seeler being a dirty player.

NO ONE.

Now can your fragile ego afford to have the discussion shift to more recent hits that haven't been addressed?

Comment

So Lucia is responsible for his behavior before he comes into his program? That's laughable. He got suspended for the hit this year (a suspension I've seen no Gopher fan argue wasn't warranted). Lucia talked to him and said that those hits won't fly here. He's been warned, any additional infractions should be dealt with more severely.

I just love the fact that you clowns will do anything, ANYTHING, to try and steer discussions to your program. I'm not a SCSU hater like many Gopher fans are, but I can certainly understand the Jan Brady comments.

NO ONE.

Now can your fragile ego afford to have the discussion shift to more recent hits that haven't been addressed?
            This has never been about SCSU, no SCSU fan has said it is or was, it's merely the example of a Gopher player doing exactly the same thing as what the Gopher fans are decrying about a player on another team doing the exact same thing. We use Seeler's hit as an example because - and here's the big shocker - it's one of the two Gopher games we were actually watching this season. Shock and surprise!
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
              I know!

Let's start with eliminating cheap head shots!

Like, those from marginal players on a teams getting curb-stomped by their greatest rival?

Gee, if only we had a recent example....

NO ONE.

Follow the conversation. Your fellow Gopher fan is saying get marginal players out of the game. Yet your coach brought in a marginal player that was known for this type of play. Lucia isn't responsible for Seeler's play at UNO, but he brought him in knowing what type of player he was. He can't now pretend he didn't think Seeler was going to make those type of hits.

This isn't trying to bring SCSU into it. It is saying that you guys don't exactly have the moral high ground here, so don't act like the Badgers are the only team employing goons when you guys have one too.

And we should steer discussion towards SCSU for the simple fact that it is the only team in the state worth talking about at the moment.
              Originally posted by SJHovey
              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
              Originally posted by Brenthoven
              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                Follow the conversation. Your fellow Gopher fan is saying get marginal players out of the game. Yet your coach brought in a marginal player that was known for this type of play. Lucia isn't responsible for Seeler's play at UNO, but he brought him in knowing what type of player he was. He can't now pretend he didn't think Seeler was going to make those type of hits.

This isn't trying to bring SCSU into it. It is saying that you guys don't exactly have the moral high ground here, so don't act like the Badgers are the only team employing goons when you guys have one too.

And we should steer discussion towards SCSU for the simple fact that it is the only team in the state worth talking about at the moment.
                No, people are just messing with you because you're hijacking a troll thread aimed at mocking outrage at our player getting nearly decapitated.

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
                  I know!

Let's start with eliminating cheap head shots!

Like, those from marginal players on a teams getting curb-stomped by their greatest rival?

Gee, if only we had a recent example....
                  Nick Seeler.
                  Originally posted by dicaslover
                  Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                  Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                    Nick Seeler.
                    SCSU isn't MN's "greatest rival".

Seeler hit wasn't "recent".

No one disputes Seeler's hit was dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post

Yes, lets do follow the conversation.

In fact, lets follow the post.

Nowhere in the post does it advocate to "get marginal players out of the game".

Those were your words.

I called for eliminating cheap head shots.

(It's right up there. Get someone to read it to you.)

And buy a sarcasm meter.
                      Last edited by Go4PuckFan2.0; 01-25-2016, 02:42 PM.

Comment

I'm kind of curious about people's opinions on this five minute major for boarding called Saturday night. You'll have to forward it to about the 3:25 mark for the best look at it.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          I'm kind of curious about people's opinions on this five minute major for boarding called Saturday night. You'll have to forward it to about the 3:25 mark for the best look at it.
                          It looked incidental, like the CC player was hunched over just a bit which caused the contact with the head. The UND player did go a little high, but not worthy of the major, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            It looked incidental, like the CC player was hunched over just a bit which caused the contact with the head. The UND player did go a little high, but not worthy of the major, IMO.
                            I don't know if you blew up the screen to full size or not, but when I finally did, I'm not even sure he hit the players head. In fact, no contact to the head penalty was called. It was just a five minute major for boarding.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

He starts at a certain body position and then stretches to finish high (even leaves his feet a little) so that the head gets sandwiched into the glass - or at the least, appears to get sandwiched.

If he stays shoulder to shoulder height probably nothing comes of this including the CC player laying on the ice.

In slo mo it doesn't look overly egregious, but in real time with the high finish and player laying on the ice, I can see why it was called as it was.
                              Last edited by Gurtholfin; 01-25-2016, 03:59 PM.

Comment

The entire metro area and up though Mille Lacs must be completely out of bait.

Comment

Working...
                                X