Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 Laura Hurd Discussion

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
    Here's an interesting question. Is it possible that Plattsburgh is just a really deep team of strong players (which is really uncommon in D3) and doesn't actually have a star player worthy of the Laura Hurd award? Maybe they are just a really good TEAM rather than a team with individual standouts......discuss amongst yourselves (this should blow PSU's mind).
    That's one of those things I think about when the whole goaltending discussion comes up.

Really whats more impressive.

I won't use Leonard because I don't want to start that **** storm again...
    But the St. Kate goalie, Kristen Pechacek, leads the nation in save % with a .963...giving up 16 goals on 413 shots.

Is that more impressive than say Conn College's goalie, Chester, who has given up 28 goals on 528 shots?

or Johnson & Wales Kami Weiner who has a .921 save % giving up 92 goals on 1085 shots?

Augsburg has a better team sitting in front of Pechacek than Weiner does. And Leonard definitely has a better team in front of her than Pechacek does.

Pechacek is facing just under 18 shots a game, where Weiner is facing over 47 shots a game.

Its safe to assume that if a goalie were facing 47 shots a game, more of them are bound to go in the net.
    Last edited by gojackets; 02-17-2016, 12:55 PM.
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Here's an interesting question. Is it possible that Plattsburgh is just a really deep team of strong players (which is really uncommon in D3) and doesn't actually have a star player worthy of the Laura Hurd award? Maybe they are just a really good TEAM rather than a team with individual standouts......discuss amongst yourselves (this should blow PSU's mind).
      I think I get what you are saying and clearly they are the best TEAM but I can assure that Meneghin and Sheeran are bonafide studs.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
        That's one of those things I think about when the whole goaltending discussion comes up.

Really whats more impressive.

I won't use Leonard because I don't want to start that **** storm again...
        But the St. Kate goalie, Kristen Pechacek, leads the nation in save % with a .963...giving up 16 goals on 413 shots.

Is that more impressive than say Conn College's goalie, Chester, who has given up 28 goals on 528 shots?

or Johnson & Wales Kami Weiner who has a .921 save % giving up 92 goals on 1085 shots?

Augsburg has a better team sitting in front of Pechacek than Weiner does. And Leonard definitely has a better team in front of her than Pechacek does.

Pechacek is facing just under 18 shots a game, where Weiner is facing over 47 shots a game.

Its safe to assume that if a goalie were facing 47 shots a game, more of them are bound to go in the net.
        I'm following you, until you said Pechacek plays for Augsburg and only faces just under 18 shots a game? Looks like she faces just over 35 per game. 429 shots against in 12 games played.

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
          I'm following you, until you said Pechacek plays for Augsburg and only faces just under 18 shots a game? Looks like she faces just over 35 per game. 429 shots against in 12 games played.
          Oh...i didnt look that closely...just assumed she was the usual starter
          UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Oh...i didnt look that closely...just assumed she was the usual starter
            Me too - until I went to collegehockeystats and noticed her GP. Both of their goalies have pretty good numbers. Except for wins.

Comment

might strengthen your point...

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
              Plattsburgh up 7-0 after two. Moriarty and Senese each with 2 goals. They may be without their top two scorers but they're not missing them much today.
              UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

might strengthen your point...
                Greenways stats this weekend vs Adrian (ranked)
                0-0-0
                0-0-0
                For a total on the weekend of:
                0-0-0
                My point is...just like you say Plattsburgh can't help who is in their conference...the players can't help who they play. How do you know that if Lake Forest played 10 games against ranked teams that she wouldn't have 15 points?
                Well for starters it only took Sheeran 8 for that....

Sheeran 8gp vs NCAA Ranked Teams (just so its even for you)
                Greenway 7gp....seems pretty close..
                Its not her fault that they don't play ranked teams.
                See above....
                Should she be punished because she plays in the west where teams don't get ranked?
                Seeabove, but they don't get ranked for a reason. ....
                You could easily replace Norwich and Utica with Stevens Point and St Norbert in the top 10 poll...
                I used your NCAA Ranking so it was fair 6 vs. for ya...
                that would give her more points against ranked teams.
                Sheeran 8gp - 15pts
                Greenway 7gp - 9pts (6 coming against #6 SNC)
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I knew it would blow PSU's mind...

Hey - how about Lewicki from Adrian?

Comment

Hey - how about Lewicki from Adrian?
                    She put on a pretty good show today. Will make it interesting. I'm guessing she will be NCHA player of the year...but it will be close.

As far as PSU's nonsense...shockingly Adrian did a lot to take Greenway out of the game. Yes good players fight through that and she was doing a lot on the ice besides scoring. But I know how hard it is for a PSU fan to realize that scoring isn't the only indication of a top player.
                    UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

She put on a pretty good show today. Will make it interesting. I'm guessing she will be NCHA player of the year...but it will be close.

As far as PSU's nonsense...shockingly Adrian did a lot to take Greenway out of the game. Yes good players fight through that and she was doing a lot on the ice besides scoring. But I know how hard it is for a PSU fan to realize that scoring isn't the only indication of a top player.
                      -1 on the weekend too lol I'm sure teams just let Sheeran skate around for the fun of it too lol keep trying

Hopefully St Norbert can make the NCAAs so she can pad her stats some more....
                      Last edited by PSUChamps2001; 02-20-2016, 06:42 PM.
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Funny that you mention that. Lake Forest plays St. Norbert next weekend in a two game series in the NCHA semis.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I think the concept that anyone outside of Plattsburgh is a good player blows PSU's mind.

If someone wanted to be all kinds of crosscheckian, they would call him/her a bunch of names and then point out that Sheeran had 0 points against that perennial powerhouse Utica...who is ranked in the USCHO poll (an opinion poll, which is somehow more valid than the NCAA poll...a poll based solely on the performance of teams.) Plattsburgh lost the game with and her and won without her...And that Plattsburgh put up 16 goals without their super amazing player on the ice.
                          Last edited by gojackets; 02-21-2016, 10:29 AM.
                          UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

I think the concept that anyone outside of Plattsburgh is a good player blows PSU's mind.

If someone wanted to be all kinds of crosscheckian, they would call him/her a bunch of names and then point out that Sheeran had 0 points against that perennial powerhouse Utica...who is ranked in the USCHO poll (an opinion poll, which is somehow more valid than the NCAA poll...a poll based solely on the performance of teams.) Plattsburgh lost the game with and her and won without her...And that Plattsburgh put up 16 goals without their super amazing player on the ice.
                            So let me get this straight, you want to penalize Sheeran for not scoring in a game she didn't finish and was helped off the ice for not scoring against one of the weakest ranked teams, but you want to praise Greenway for scoring the majority of her points against the weakest ranked SNC team...lol keep trying, you'll get there eventually.
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                              So let me get this straight, you want to penalize Sheeran for not scoring in a game she didn't finish and was helped off the ice for not scoring against one of the weakest ranked teams, but you want to praise Greenway for scoring the majority of her points against the weakest ranked SNC team...lol keep trying, you'll get there eventually.
                              We'll see what happens in the end. I do agree that Greenway's stock fell slightly after this weekend. In my pipe dreams, Lake Forest will play Plattsburgh and Greenway has a hat trick
                              UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Greenway did not play in Saturday's game against Adrian. Or at least she didn't play in the second half of the game that I watched. She's listed in the box score so she must have started, but she did not finish. Also, Adrian looked fierce. I think they would give Plattsburgh and anyone else a run for their money. Lewicki is a dangerous player and should very much be considered for the Hurd Award.

Comment

Working...
                                X