No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Brown & Yale (1/29, 1/30)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI & Union @ Brown & Yale (1/29, 1/30)

discuss
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI & Union @ Brown & Yale (1/29, 1/30)

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    discuss
    Rhode Island is neither a Rhode nor an Island, and Connecticut doesn't really Connect anything...concidence?
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Hey, we provide a connection between Yankeeland and Red Sox Nation. We're actually more of a transitional buffer but Buffericut doesn't have the same ring to it..

Most important, we provide a home for two ECAC schools so I get two local games. The boys played a strong game Thursday and I'll be there next weekend to root for an undefeated Nutmeg schedule this year.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
        Rhode Island is neither a Rhode nor an Island, and Connecticut doesn't really Connect anything...concidence?
        Actually, Newport with the naval base IS on an island; you're just used to the Providence Plantations section of the state's charter.

Comment

Back to games that matter. We are going to have to be at our best for the next ten games. While we are good enough to sweep them, it is highly doubtful given the buildings we will be playing in.
          Just play our best for 60/65 minutes. Let Kazzy make the first save and clear the rebounds.

Lets go red!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

I would not even be thinking about the next 10 games. Focus on the next 2. We need a road sweep next against two teams that are very different in their play against us. We have to adapt to each and it is always a bit tougher in their buildings as they get the advantage of last change and perhaps some home town officiating. Would be nice to go there with a full complement of players and get Riley and Parker back so we have a little extra. Coach said it in his last interview that we have very little leeway and reserve without those two. it goes without saying that am I now getting a bit greedy. We scored an empty net goal against Union and I would like to see a couple more this weekend.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              I would not even be thinking about the next 10 games. Focus on the next 2. We need a road sweep next against two teams that are very different in their play against us. We have to adapt to each and it is always a bit tougher in their buildings as they get the advantage of last change and perhaps some home town officiating. Would be nice to go there with a full complement of players and get Riley and Parker back so we have a little extra. Coach said it in his last interview that we have very little leeway and reserve without those two. it goes without saying that am I now getting a bit greedy. We scored an empty net goal against Union and I would like to see a couple more this weekend.
              That was only our second ENG all year; the other coming vs. Arizona State. And I'm more worried about the next 1 game than 2. We get Yale on Saturday, so it is entirely possible for Brown to catch us by surprise. And considering we've already given up a point to them, we must be on our toes.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                That was only our second ENG all year; the other coming vs. Arizona State. And I'm more worried about the next 1 game than 2. We get Yale on Saturday, so it is entirely possible for Brown to catch us by surprise. And considering we've already given up a point to them, we must be on our toes.
                And could have been (or probably should have been) another point given up to them thanks to the replay issue. I'm sure that the Brown game is the only game that is being brought up right now.

Comment

Why do I find myself agreeing with you lately? The Brown game is the more crucial for us to win. Although i would love a sweep, if we have to settle for a tie i would not want it against Brown. We have not matched up well against them for the past few years and I am not sure if it is anything more than just style of play. Yale is a tougher match up this year than in the past few as they have shifted somewhat from a speed game to a more physical game. Brown most definitely over achieves against us as we watch other teams handle them more easily. In any case we need a win Friday and we can go from there.

Comment

Pep Band is going to both games. Hopefully local alums will show as well to give the team some great support. I'll be at Brown on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Pappy89 View Post
                      Pep Band is going to both games. Hopefully local alums will show as well to give the team some great support. I'll be at Brown on Friday.
                      Pappy: You keep posting like this and you could catch Ralph fairly soon, perhaps the end of the century!!! Can anyone believe that we could see RB hit 200,000??

Comment

[QUOTE=jericho;6260856]Rhode Island is neither a Rhode nor an Island, and Connecticut doesn't really Connect anything...concidence?[/QUOTE
                        Actually CT is named after the CT River which connects the mountains to the sea. It also has the distinction of connecting the two national finalists in 2013.
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Pappy89 View Post
                          Was wondering which trip they were making this year... good to know which one. Was hoping for Colgate/Cornell, but it's all good.

Comment

I'm hoping for a Lake Placid trip.
                            Was wondering which trip they were making this year... good to know which one. Was hoping for Colgate/Cornell, but it's all good.

Comment

Not gonna happen. Ralph is in a class by himself. Just trying to add to the NJ alum posting numbers.
                              Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              Pappy: You keep posting like this and you could catch Ralph fairly soon, perhaps the end of the century!!! Can anyone believe that we could see RB hit 200,000??

Comment

Working...
                              X