Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Hockey 2015 - 2016 (Part II): We want more banners, not more flags

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
    Speaking of coaches and hair, there was a new addition behind the bench last night, and this guy has no hair. At first I thought I was flashing back to the days of Monty.

A new assistant? Bodyguard for Seth in case something happened with Mongo?
    I was joking about the same thing. My best guess is he's the winner of the 'A night on the bench' auction from the RPI Hockey golf outing this past fall. I remember someone asking during the auction if the Mayor's Cup was eligible. I believe Coach jokingly suggested that if the total got high enough, he'd fight Bennett again!
    Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
      A new assistant? Bodyguard for Seth in case something happened with Mongo?
      "Mongo turn new leaf", "Mongo not hit opposing players or coaches anymore", "Mongo like Sheriff Bart"
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
        "Mongo turn new leaf", "Mongo not hit opposing players or coaches anymore", "Mongo like Sheriff Bart"
        I was honestly shocked they didn't start anything after the game.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          I was honestly shocked they didn't start anything after the game.
          Nah, it is much easier to be arrogant when you are winning. When you are getting beating on a regular basis, some of that aggression gets tempered down. you could add another game to the list where we got called for more penalties. But we did manage to have nice third period for a change and outscore an opponent.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            But we did manage to have nice third period for a change and outscore an opponent.
            A rare occurrence indeed.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Nah, it is much easier to be arrogant when you are winning. When you are getting beating on a regular basis, some of that aggression gets tempered down. you could add another game to the list where we got called for more penalties. But we did manage to have nice third period for a change and outscore an opponent.
              And we didn't get out-shot (nor did we out-shoot). But those face-offs!
              "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Could have fooled me; they weren't "winning" much of anything earlier in the season when this happened. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eOqBsiOBfs

And of course, RPI gets the brunt of the penalties. Union is babied by this joke of a league.

Comment

video interview with Jason Kasdorf http://wnyt.com/article/stories/s4026992.shtml
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                    It is great that they drew 8500 people to the game, but for those of us who live too far away or get stuck in a snow storm, it would be nice to have the game streamed. I am sure the RPI could have done a great job if they were allowed.
                    I second that! Not that I'd trade our 77 degrees and sunny skies on Saturday, but a stream from the great folks at RPITV would have made the day perfect!

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2015 - 2016 (Part II): We want more banners, not more flags

USCHO poll http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-me...uary-25,-2016/. We are still #16, but we have more votes than last week. Yes, I know that polls don't count.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Dave Aiello '89 was nice enough to send this over to me, and I'm watching it right now.

RPI and Union at the Times-Union Center: http://rpitv.org/productions/1034-me...ion-mayors-cup
                        JPC '96

Comment

Originally posted by John Cloninger RPI 96 View Post
                          Dave Aiello '89 was nice enough to send this over to me, and I'm watching it right now.

RPI and Union at the Times-Union Center: http://rpitv.org/productions/1034-me...ion-mayors-cup
                          So they filmed but couldn't broadcast it.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Speaking of streaming - has anyone subscribed to the "Ivy League Digital Network?

If you go here: http://www.ivyleaguedigitalnetwork.com/packages there is a monthly pass that "grants access to all games, events, and content for the entire league for 1 month" which I assume includes men's hockey. $16 and you'd get RPI vs. Brown, Yale, Harvard and Dartmouth over the next month if you subscribed by Friday- not a bad deal. Comments?

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonMike View Post
                              Speaking of streaming - has anyone subscribed to the "Ivy League Digital Network?

If you go here: http://www.ivyleaguedigitalnetwork.com/packages there is a monthly pass that "grants access to all games, events, and content for the entire league for 1 month" which I assume includes men's hockey. $16 and you'd get RPI vs. Brown, Yale, Harvard and Dartmouth over the next month if you subscribed by Friday- not a bad deal. Comments?
                              I have it and the quality is very good. The broadcasting is average, but the viewing quality has been great thus far for games at Harvard and the Ivy League teams they have traveled to play.

Comment

Great game good beer Union sucks
                                I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Working...
                                X