PDA

View Full Version : RPI Hockey 2015 - 2016 (Part II): We want more banners, not more flags

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

FlagDUDE08
01-24-2016, 09:56 AM
We finish non-conference 8-6. Ironically no ties in there, given our ECAC standings. In speaking of ECAC, we are now in 3rd, but have a game in hand on 2nd place Hahvahd. Three points separate 2nd from 6th.

FlagDUDE08
01-24-2016, 10:04 AM
Very good possibility RB. Are you saying that in order to increase attendance, RPItv will have to pull a Union and start charging fees to watch their excellent streaming broadcasts?

It used to be behind a pay wall with B2/A1, and will still be if we make the top 8 of the league and get a home playoff game. Has there been a drop in attendance since then, and can it be correlated to the removal of the pay wall?

Ralph Baer
01-24-2016, 10:24 AM
Very good possibility RB. Are you saying that in order to increase attendance, RPItv will have to pull a Union and start charging fees to watch their excellent streaming broadcasts?

Hopefully not.

Ralph Baer
01-24-2016, 10:26 AM
It used to be behind a pay wall with B2/A1, and will still be if we make the top 8 of the league and get a home playoff game. Has there been a drop in attendance since then, and can it be correlated to the removal of the pay wall?

I don't know, and of course there are other factors influencing attendance.

bothman
01-24-2016, 11:46 AM
I know there is still a lot of hockey left to play, but the job that your coach has done this year has been remarkable. Gotta be the front runner for Coach of the Year in the ECAC and certainly would have my vote if I had one.

Ralph Baer
01-24-2016, 11:48 AM
I know there is still a lot of hockey left to play, but the job that your coach has done this year has been remarkable. Gotta be the front runner for Coach of the Year in the ECAC and certainly would have my vote if I had one.

It would be the first time that an RPI coach has won. IIRC, we are the only ECAC school not to have won that award.

AspyDad
01-24-2016, 12:24 PM

Ty Bothman. MGC is a man of great integrity, inner strength and awesome hair.

DrDemento
01-24-2016, 01:12 PM
But looks better in a blue or gray suit. Not sure but might like to see him grow a beard for the playoffs.

DrDemento
01-24-2016, 01:13 PM
Would have zero effect on me. You just have to pick the right lady to marry. The Countess has considerable credit and i am listed on her cards.

DavidSec17
01-24-2016, 01:27 PM

Speaking of coaches and hair, there was a new addition behind the bench last night, and this guy has no hair. At first I thought I was flashing back to the days of Monty.

A new assistant? Bodyguard for Seth in case something happened with Mongo?:D

hawthr
01-24-2016, 02:06 PM
Speaking of coaches and hair, there was a new addition behind the bench last night, and this guy has no hair. At first I thought I was flashing back to the days of Monty.

I was joking about the same thing. My best guess is he's the winner of the 'A night on the bench' auction from the RPI Hockey golf outing this past fall. I remember someone asking during the auction if the Mayor's Cup was eligible. I believe Coach jokingly suggested that if the total got high enough, he'd fight Bennett again!

AspyDad
01-24-2016, 03:55 PM

"Mongo turn new leaf", "Mongo not hit opposing players or coaches anymore", "Mongo like Sheriff Bart"

FlagDUDE08
01-24-2016, 05:33 PM
"Mongo turn new leaf", "Mongo not hit opposing players or coaches anymore", "Mongo like Sheriff Bart"

I was honestly shocked they didn't start anything after the game.

DrDemento
01-24-2016, 07:33 PM
I was honestly shocked they didn't start anything after the game.
Nah, it is much easier to be arrogant when you are winning. When you are getting beating on a regular basis, some of that aggression gets tempered down. you could add another game to the list where we got called for more penalties. But we did manage to have nice third period for a change and outscore an opponent.

Ralph Baer
01-24-2016, 08:05 PM
But we did manage to have nice third period for a change and outscore an opponent. A rare occurrence indeed.

DeepRed72
01-24-2016, 08:08 PM
Nah, it is much easier to be arrogant when you are winning. When you are getting beating on a regular basis, some of that aggression gets tempered down. you could add another game to the list where we got called for more penalties. But we did manage to have nice third period for a change and outscore an opponent.

And we didn't get out-shot (nor did we out-shoot). But those face-offs! :eek:

FlagDUDE08
01-25-2016, 04:50 AM

Could have fooled me; they weren't "winning" much of anything earlier in the season when this happened. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eOqBsiOBfs

And of course, RPI gets the brunt of the penalties. Union is babied by this joke of a league.

Ralph Baer
01-25-2016, 09:01 AM
video interview with Jason Kasdorf http://wnyt.com/article/stories/s4026992.shtml

TucsonMike
01-25-2016, 10:23 AM
It is great that they drew 8500 people to the game, but for those of us who live too far away or get stuck in a snow storm, it would be nice to have the game streamed. I am sure the RPI could have done a great job if they were allowed.

I second that! Not that I'd trade our 77 degrees and sunny skies on Saturday, but a stream from the great folks at RPITV would have made the day perfect!

Ralph Baer
01-25-2016, 11:15 AM
USCHO poll http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-mens-poll/2015-2016/poll,0125/january-25,-2016/. We are still #16, but we have more votes than last week. Yes, I know that polls don't count.