RPI Hockey 2015 - 2016 (Part II): We want more banners, not more flags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by drdemento View Post
    as a matter of fact rc, i have. I would perhaps have recommended the same treatment for you but it might dull your razor like edge. Besides, i enjoy what you write sometimes too much to want to change it. And besides, it is all balanced out by the sensitive and sensible things you have posted here and elsewhere.
    Last edited by ServinisScores; 02-24-2016, 07:16 PM.
    Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2015 - 2016 (Part II): We want more banners, not more flags

Along the Boards picks each ECAC team's MVP http://alongtheboards.com/2016/02/ev...vp-in-2015-16/.

Yes, they picked Kasdorf..
      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-26-2016, 01:33 AM.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ed Weaver's article on this weekend's games Vhttp://www.troyrecord.com/article/TR/20160225/SPORTS/160229823.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Jason Kasdorf was nominated for the Mike Richter Award (one of 26 nominations )

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-26-2016, 01:14 PM.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Jason Kasdorf was nominated for the Mike Richter Award (one of 26 nominations ) [so many tweets]
            6 ECAC goalies there.
            RPI Pep Band
            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
              6 ECAC goalies there.
              7 by my count.

Here is it on a single web page. Much simpler. http://www.letsplayhockey.com/awards...ter-award.html
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                7 by my count.

Here is it on a single web page. Much simpler. http://www.letsplayhockey.com/awards...ter-award.html
                Whoops, you're right. The tweets threw me off. Anyway, 58% of ECAC starters are nominated, compared to 43% nationwide. Sometimes I hate this conference.
                RPI Pep Band
                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

I saw a blurb in the paper the other day about something bad wrong in Hoosick Falls, I forget the details, some kind of environmental contamination. Erin Brockovitch was mentioned in the story, a bigtime tort lawfirm (Weitz & Luxemborg) is handling the case. I hope all here, on the team, and the team's student supporters (and the residents of HF too!) are all okay.
                  "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                    I saw a blurb in the paper the other day about something bad wrong in Hoosick Falls, I forget the details, some kind of environmental contamination. Erin Brockovitch was mentioned in the story, a bigtime tort lawfirm (Weitz & Luxemborg) is handling the case. I hope all here, on the team, and the team's student supporters (and the residents of HF too!) are all okay.
                    There was dangerous levels of PFOA found in the water, and they have been without running water for weeks. There is a large company (St. Gobain) that they are blaming it on as the company has dumped toxic chemicals in the water for years.

Also, let's just nominate every goalie in the country for the Mike Richter award.
                    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

I grew up in Hoosick Falls and have a cousin who still lives there.

She said the problem is thought to date back to the 1960's, when a company then known as the Dodge Fiber Corporation (a precursor to whatever company is operating there now) was manufacturing products that involved Teflon.

I had a summer job with the Dodge Fiber Corporation in 1967 and 1968. I was assisting in the Research & Development Department. My job was to apply experimental solutions of Teflon (I was told it was PTFE - the initials PFOA are new to me) to glass fabric in order to make high-quality non-stick conveyor belts.

I had an experimental oven, where the glass fabric would be dipped into a long tray containing the Teflon solution and then pulled upward through the oven, which had several sections where the temperature could be set at different levels, to see how well the Teflon would bake onto the fabric. It had to be pretty hot - I think anything less than 800 degrees Fahrenheit and it wouldn't bake on.

Once I had a belt going into the oven, I had to run up a flight of wooden stairs that ran right past the heating elements so that I could get to the roof and make sure the fabric wasn't getting caught on the rollers at the top before it got pulled back down below. They told me to try not to breathe while I was running up and down the stairs or I might feel sick the next day.

I didn't have to mix the Teflon solutions, which came in buckets. The research was based on trying to find the optimum combination of temperatures to be used in the oven.

It was difficult to handle those long trays of Teflon solution without sloshing it on my pants, and the stuff didn't wash out. I spent those two summers walking around Hoosick Falls in blue-and-white mottled jeans. I'm still here, so I guess topical application of the stuff to the skin isn't as hazardous as drinking it, even in diluted concentrations.

I never asked what happened to the Teflon solution when they were done with it. I guess now I have an idea.

Comment

Home first round sigh
                        I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Brown. Again. Let's try to win game one this time, why don't we.
                            RPI Pep Band
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              Do we have another possible NFL player?
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The good: EAG monkey's off our back.
                                The bad: We still haven't swept Cornell in like 18 years.
                                The ugly: We have to play a team in the playoffs we've lost to thrice straight.

Comment

Working...
                                X