• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2015 - 2016 (Part II): We want more banners, not more flags

Grandpa is opening a new business.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      They can always become fans of the Union women's team. All misery -- all of the time.
      Addressing that for a moment, how have they possibly had the same coach all this time? They're so so so bad. It's almost enough to make me feel bad for a Union team.
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
        No idea, but a dog would probably mellow him out a bit
        But he would probably get a Canary Island Dog. Jenny was going to get us one until our Vet simply asked why we would want a time bomb in the house. Then she set her sights on a Cane Corso but we only baby sit for him every so often. He is a very nice boy with hockey player mentality. if he was a hockey player i think he would most like Joey Kocur.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
          Addressing that for a moment, how have they possibly had the same coach all this time? They're so so so bad. It's almost enough to make me feel bad for a Union team.
          Have you read this which I posted on the Union women's thread earlier?
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            You must be new in these parts. Certain posters are only happy when they're miserable. Fortunately for them, that's most of the time. And when they can't find reasonable reasons to be miserable, they invent them.
            So right. Some are always miserable and some are always sarcastic. I am fortunate and have these wide mood swings. I never know which way the day will go. I can be on top of the world or the bottom of the pit but when I take my Lithium everything evens out and it is like skating on a smooth millpond.

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
              this has been one of the better Appert-led clubs, a lot of energy, a lot of playing for each other, and the results have shown on the ice. Are they closing out games? No. Could you realistically expect them to, after the last 2-3 years? No. The collective emotional IQ of the team is growing - the Brown/ Harvard wins are good examples of that. A team does not just form in the spate of 10 games. And it's ok to be critical. The denouncing of the team and program that happens with 1 or 2 posters is what i find inexcusable.
              Indeed. There is a huge difference in attitude and spirit between "here are areas we could improve, better face-off win percentage, clearing the defensive zone with a lofted puck once in awhile, crashing the net more when we are on the power play...." and "grumble groan whine this team is #@*R!! my pet goldfish could do better!"
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

I did. That's what made me realize that they've had the same head coach for the last 9 seasons of utter futility. It's unbelievable.
                RPI Pep Band
                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  One thing that is certainly going for us is that we've had "late season luck" in the past, especially when it comes to the opponents we have (and why the heck do we almost always seem to play them late in the year?! Too much of an outlier for New England or something?). Not to mention, the opportunity to get the "sweep Cornell" monkey off our back; last time we did that was the 90's, yes? The "late season luck" seems to work best if we have nothing to lose. We already know we're getting another home weekend. Just play our game, and enjoy it.

Oh, and can we tell them again each night we're playing the #1 team in the nation?
                  Can we expect a fair shake this weekend at Cornell? I wonder if we will get (out of retirement) Tim Kotyra and John Murphy as we did in March 2009.

Comment

There are some jobs that you just do not want take on. Would you want to clean cesspools all the time? Personally i wonder what that pays.

Comment

.....as long as we’re killing time. I’ve never seen this done before. Craig Smith of Nash. last night in OT vs Mont. He actually shoots it AND blocks it........
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                        Probably waiting for the ECAC to change the rules and let them into the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          Can we expect a fair shake this weekend at Cornell? I wonder if we will get (out of retirement) Tim Kotyra and John Murphy as we did in March 2009.
                          Maybe we'll end up with Mike Noeth (Jr.).

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            .....as long as we’re killing time. I’ve never seen this done before. Craig Smith of Nash. last night in OT vs Mont. He actually shoots it AND blocks it........
                            I think that violated the laws of physics.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUD View Post
                              ...[I picked the team to finish 11th and right now they are tied for 5th, one point out of 4th....and so rather than acknowledge that the team is doing way better in the standings than I expected, I will veer off into some totally unrelated subject and hope no one notices that I am again...]....
                              :facepalm:
                              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                                That's rough, buddy.
                                RPI Pep Band
                                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Working...
                                X