Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Hockey 2015 - 2016 (Part II): We want more banners, not more flags

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    Yep, that split of 8,700 ticket sales must really suck.
    You think the attendance for two games against two powerhouse teams from another contest would be less?
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
      Maybe have two games in Albany on the same day, with Onion hosting one and RPI the other? or let each school alternate as host every other year? I agree that neither team seems to have much to gain from a non-league game against each other every season.
      Can I get an AMEN???

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
        Yep, that split of 8,700 ticket sales must really suck.
        as I said, the teams (i.e., the players) don't have much to gain. For the athletic department, a different story perhaps. and playing someone other than each other might still sell as many tickets, who knows?

I suppose there is no practical way to alternate it to be the men's teams one year and the women's teams the next...
        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Perhaps a bit of a bit too strong a choice of words for me as i am sure there are plenty of people interested. But i find the positives of playing this game far outweighed by some of the negatives (at least at this time). Attendance is a factor that shows interest at least from fans, but this year we are a borderline NCAA tournament team and this is a risk that I wish we were not taking.
          Too **** bad.

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
          as I said, the teams (i.e., the players) don't have much to gain. For the athletic department, a different story perhaps. and playing someone other than each other might still sell as many tickets, who knows?
          Listen to the players. They enjoy this game. And that's who this is about. Not you or me, the players.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            This is crap.
            You basically said the same thing when I posted my objections to this game Saturday night.
            And while I will give you your opinion, it would be nice if you would elaborate. Why do think that this is not bad timing for this game? Or do you think that this game has some importance?
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
              We got our tickets at the Field House back in November and our seats are in 104.

BUT WHERE ARE THE OTHERS??? [/Jack Bauer voice]
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Too **** bad.

Listen to the players. They enjoy this game. And that's who this is about. Not you or me, the players.
                I understand that this game is for the players, the local fans, and the gate.
                I don't have a problem with a Mayors trophy game, I just want it early in the year so that it doesn't interfere with any push we might like to make towards winning some meaningful games.
                We have too many important players injured already. and with the intensity of this contest, we could be looking at more. Not the way I want to go into the lasr few weekends of the regular season.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                  I understand that this game is for the players, the local fans, and the gate.
                  I don't have a problem with a Mayors trophy game, I just want it early in the year so that it doesn't interfere with any push we might like to make towards winning some meaningful games.
                  We have too many important players injured already. and with the intensity of this contest, we could be looking at more. Not the way I want to go into the lasr few weekends of the regular season.
                  It has to be at a neutral site. The TU Center is usually booked at the beginning of the college hockey season. You're not going have this game at the Knickerbacker Arena or Proctor's Theater. The next best option is reviving the Capital Skates Classic up at the Glens Falls Civic Center, but that's not happening again. So, this is the best option.
                  Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Have you ever been to a Mayor's Cup game? If not, I caution you strongly against calling it "meaningless."
                    Some of us would prefer not to put our emergency funds towards bail.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                      On to more important things, since there's ALOT of negativity on the board lately, even though RPI is in second in the league and greatly exceeding everyone's expectations. What is the Engineer "cheering section" for this weekend's games? I admit, I don't know as much as I should about this.
                      Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
                      We got our tickets at the Field House back in November and our seats are in 104.
                      I’m interpreting jericho’s “cheering section” question to mean as far as who we’re rooting for this weekend concerning PairWise implications.
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Too **** bad.
                        Nice attitude. From someone who does quite a good job on WRPI and posts such valuable stuff on WAP you really deserve the two separate personae. Perhaps a sustained level of lithium would help or from the old days a course of EST. You have and do offer a lot to these discussions but your opinion is just that. Others are questioning the value of this game especially the timing of it. Chill out, this is all just discussion and none of us have any influence on what the programs decide to do.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Some of us would prefer not to put our emergency funds towards bail.
                          After the first 3 weeks of the NYSE, who has any emergency funds left?

Comment

What difference does it make if they get injured in October or January?? The injuries still have an impact on the overall season record. Of course we want to be as healthy as possible late in the season but the games in the beginning have just as much importance on the overall record and making it to the big tourney.

Comment

Every game has the potential of injuries so it sounds like you are saying we should not play any games to have a healthy team. Or are you saying if we sustain an injury playing a conference game it is better even though it could cost us a great year?? To the Capital Region, which I know you don't live in, this is a big game. It is similar to the Union Shoes game, do you think that game is meaningless?? Perhaps if you lived here you would have a different opinion.

Comment

I live in the Capital Region and it’s not a big game to me, nor is it to the people I’m going with, who all live in the CD region. Now I guess you guys can rip my opinion. Geesh, it’s reading like a political debate here. FWIW, with Dartmouth’s 3-0 win over Cornell they’ve jumped to #16 in the PairWise.
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X