----------------------------------------------
    20 |                           0.2   0.9   0.0
    21 |                     0.0   0.7   1.4     
    22 |               0.0   2.1   6.9   3.4     
    23 |               0.5   5.7   6.2   1.2     
    24 |   0.0   0.1   5.7  23.2   5.8   0.2     
    25 |   0.0   1.4   8.4   4.9   0.0           
    26 |   0.9   6.0  11.6   2.6
    Now we would need help to secure a bye even winning out.
    That was even the case before last night, just not nearly as much.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2015 - 2016 (Part II): We want more banners, not more flags

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
      That was even the case before last night, just not nearly as much.
      This is true.
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        It'd be quite the way to end the annual meltdown, that's for sure.
        Traveling in Asia this week and just got a chance to catch up on the board. Seems like more than a few people here have their knickers in such a twist that they risk being gelded. I'm not among them.

Coming into this season I hoped for improvement and clearly we've seen it. And I also think the compete level has been there. The only mysterious part here is why we sit back in the 3rd when leading so much. Maybe it's a strategy (not a great one if so) but I've gotta think we are just a couple of bodies short. Even so, the past 4 losses, which are being called a "meltdown" here, were all against good teams. And 3 of them, we clearly could have won. If this team were in a meltdown, we'd be losing badly to average teams. That is simply not happening.

Today's game should be more telling. I expect a solid win - even after the tough loss yesterday. If that happens then I suggest all of the meltdown talk should stop. The past is not always prologue folks. As a great Canadian once sang... I will choose free will.

No telling how this season plays out but the games will be competitive no matter who the opponent. LP is certainly in play and getting there by winning 7 of the next 8 games, which is a perfectly reasonable scenario, would likely get us in the dance. So I remain cautiously optimistic. Especially if we get Reno and Melanson back. And it's the 31 year cycle .

I'm also really looking forward to next season not only because we've got some O coming but also because the best players on the team at present are all sophomores. I believe that Junior year is usually when players reach their college peak. Whether we've got 33 in net or not, a top 4 finish next year has to be the expectation. Given this was not really the case this season, I find all of the premature doom to be rather unflattering. So Flag Dude and Red... take off the doom dress... it makes you look fat.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
          Traveling in Asia this week and just got a chance to catch up on the board. Seems like more than a few people here have their knickers in such a twist that they risk being gelded. I'm not among them.

Coming into this season I hoped for improvement and clearly we've seen it. And I also think the compete level has been there. The only mysterious part here is why we sit back in the 3rd when leading so much. Maybe it's a strategy (not a great one if so) but I've gotta think we are just a couple of bodies short. Even so, the past 4 losses, which are being called a "meltdown" here, were all against good teams. And 3 of them, we clearly could have won. If this team were in a meltdown, we'd be losing badly to average teams. That is simply not happening.

Today's game should be more telling. I expect a solid win - even after the tough loss yesterday. If that happens then I suggest all of the meltdown talk should stop. The past is not always prologue folks. As a great Canadian once sang... I will choose free will.

No telling how this season plays out but the games will be competitive no matter who the opponent. LP is certainly in play and getting there by winning 7 of the next 8 games, which is a perfectly reasonable scenario, would likely get us in the dance. So I remain cautiously optimistic. Especially if we get Reno and Melanson back. And it's the 31 year cycle .

I'm also really looking forward to next season not only because we've got some O coming but also because the best players on the team at present are all sophomores. I believe that Junior year is usually when players reach their college peak. Whether we've got 33 in net or not, a top 4 finish next year has to be the expectation. Given this was not really the case this season, I find all of the premature doom to be rather unflattering. So Flag Dude and Red... take off the doom dress... it makes you look fat.
          You want people to stop the doom and gloom? We want a reason on the ice. We've lost five of the last seven since the Mayor's Cup. In each of the last five, we were tied or leading going into the third (1-4 in those). That sounds like a meltdown, especially considering the relative "success" seen in prior games in the season. And you don't have to be blown out to call it a meltdown, either. No one asks how, just how many. Should they turn it around in the last couple games of the season, similar to what we've seen in recent years, good on them. And I wouldn't come close to even fathoming the ECAC semis. We're going to have to do two things (mathematically at least one) we have yet to do since I first set foot in Troy as a RPI student: Win a home playoff series, and win a quarterfinal series. Is it mathematically possible? Sure; that's why they play the games. However, in the inspiration of Brian Sullivan's "Brown Rule", I'll believe it when I see it.

It's "put up or shut up" time.

Comment

Great post jmhusker. I'm headed to Asia tomorrow. LGR!
            Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

• OK, I'm the new guy to posting, but I've been reading the forums for years, and I'm frankly tired of reading a lot of this crap. I don't want to make any enemies here, but I hope it is put up AND shut up time. I want RPI to put up, and for you to shut up. Support the team.

You want people to stop the doom and gloom? We want a reason on the ice. We've lost five of the last seven since the Mayor's Cup. In each of the last five, we were tied or leading going into the third (1-4 in those). That sounds like a meltdown, especially considering the relative "success" seen in prior games in the season. And you don't have to be blown out to call it a meltdown, either. No one asks how, just how many. Should they turn it around in the last couple games of the season, similar to what we've seen in recent years, good on them. And I wouldn't come close to even fathoming the ECAC semis. We're going to have to do two things (mathematically at least one) we have yet to do since I first set foot in Troy as a RPI student: Win a home playoff series, and win a quarterfinal series. Is it mathematically possible? Sure; that's why they play the games. However, in the inspiration of Brian Sullivan's "Brown Rule", I'll believe it when I see it.

It's "put up or shut up" time.

Comment

Being critical of the team doesn't mean you don't support them. I'm not going anywhere, unlike some of the fair weather folks. I'm sticking around in good and bad times. Only when we come to terms with our faults, though, will we finally seek to make amends. I'd certainly love for them to put it up. Let the product on the ice speak for itself.

Comment

Being critical of the team doesn't mean you don't support them. I'm not going anywhere, unlike some of the fair weather folks. I'm sticking around in good and bad times. Only when we come to terms with our faults, though, will we finally seek to make amends. I'd certainly love for them to put it up. Let the product on the ice speak for itself.
                  your posts don't indicate any support of the team or the program.
                  Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

• Begin critical is one thing, but unrelenting negativity is not the sign of support. Plus it is a drain on those of us who enjoy RPI Hockey in both good times and bad. "congrats on 2 easy points this week" is not being critical, and is certainly not something a fan would write, even if they don't honestly believe they will win the game. Many here are critical, and have legitimate points, but they are not presented in such childish ways. I'm sure Seth, the coaching staff, the team and the rest of us here are sorry that you personally have not seen the team win the ECAC or score in the NCAAs. But it is not about you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pappy89 View Post
                      Begin critical is one thing, but unrelenting negativity is not the sign of support. Plus it is a drain on those of us who enjoy RPI Hockey in both good times and bad. "congrats on 2 easy points this week" is not being critical, and is certainly not something a fan would write, even if they don't honestly believe they will win the game. Many here are critical, and have legitimate points, but they are not presented in such childish ways. I'm sure Seth, the coaching staff, the team and the rest of us here are sorry that you personally have not seen the team win the ECAC or score in the NCAAs. But it is not about you.
                      Oh how cute, you think it's about me. If only you knew how wrong you really are. We all want the best for the team. Sometimes you have to fire them up, or ease off the opposition. I speak the truth. Don't like it? You don't have to read it. Can only spend your time complaining about me? Find a better hobby.

Comment

• Obviously you can't read or understand was is written. I don't think it is about you, but your comments in your posts imply that you do.

Also, supposing that Seth or the team reads your comments, which I seriously doubt, I don't see how your negativity is going to "fire them up". You may speak the truth, but there are better ways to deliver the message.

i have plenty of hobbies, one of which is going to the games, which is why I don't post much. I decided to post tonight because it was just getting too much. BTW, score updates with little smilies as you are bashing our team? Maybe it is you that needs a better hobby.

Your negativity makes you a laughing stock on all the threads on which you you post, and you are an embarrassment to yourself and RPI. As a proud RPI alum and fan, I hate that there are people out there that think you represent RPI.

I'll refrain from future posts regarding you or your posts, as you are correct about one thing. You are not worth my time.

I have a team to support.

LGR !

Oh how cute, you think it's about me. If only you knew how wrong you really are. We all want the best for the team. Sometimes you have to fire them up, or ease off the opposition. I speak the truth. Don't like it? You don't have to read it. Can only spend your time complaining about me? Find a better hobby.

Comment

Pappy, I suggest that you ignore Flaggy, but unlike him, I'm not going to tell what to do. You'll find that your USCHO posting experience will be so much better, and,, he'll make it about him because he takes pride in the amount of people on his ignore list.
                          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Actually, I don't want to ignore Flaggy, as he does have some good insight. He does know the game. I just can't deal with the negativity. It's like Randy Quaid in Major League.
                            Originally posted by jericho View Post
                            Pappy, I suggest that you ignore Flaggy, but unlike him, I'm not going to tell what to do. You'll find that your USCHO posting experience will be so much better, and,, he'll make it about him because he takes pride in the amount of people on his ignore list.

Comment

Did anybody else see Melanson on crutches too? Must have been some shot he blocked. Congrats to all the seniors tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post

Look for Reno back next week. Don’t expect Melanson.
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X