Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2015 - 2016 (Part II): We want more banners, not more flags

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    Can it be a "tie for fourth but lose the tiebreaker" situation? I want to increase the similarity to 2010-11.
    If we finish tied for fourth in the ECAC, lose the tie-breaker, and then lose in three games in the first round our chances of backing into the NCAAs, as we did in 2010-2011, are infinitesimal.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

I mean, to really match 2011, we'd have to lose to Colgate, not Brown.
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

I mean, to really match 2011, we'd have to lose to Colgate, not Brown.
        Understood. But whoever we played, losing in the first round is where the comparison would end unfortunately.
        "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
          If we finish tied for fourth in the ECAC, lose the tie-breaker, and then lose in three games in the first round our chances of backing into the NCAAs, as we did in 2010-2011, are infinitesimal.
          Non compos mentis award.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            End of season prediction.

Decent last four games. Not stellar, not terrible.
            5th seed.
            Brown finishes 12th.
            Bears in 3.
            FlagDUDE pees his pants.

#1 - Expect 4 or 5 points.
            #2 - Agree
            #3 - Princeton
            #4 - Somebody in 3
            #5 - Guaranteed

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              Non compos mentis award.
              It is called Mathematics

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                It is called Mathematics
                It's called you read a website after moving the bar.
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                  #5 - Guaranteed
                  You get to do my laundry that week, then.

Comment

The natives are getting restless.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      There are far too many days between games. We all know what needs to happen. It's painful having to wait to see if the team can actually get it done (and watching the scoreboard to see if we get the requisite help elsewhere).
                      RPI Pep Band
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Meh, I just see it as banter. It has its ebbs and flows. Where we finish is where we finish. If we win, we win. If we lose, we lose. Sure, there are probabilities, but mathematically it is not without possibility. As I've said in response to DeepRed's 5% stuff, 5% is a heck of a long way from 0%.

Comment

There are far too many days between games. We all know what needs to happen. It's painful having to wait to see if the team can actually get it done (and watching the scoreboard to see if we get the requisite help elsewhere).
                          Wasn't there, like, a month and a half between Quidditch matches at Hogwarts? I think I'd prefer a week.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Where we finish is where we finish.
                            Tampa Bay.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Tampa Bay.
                              Like, in the water?
                              RPI Pep Band
                              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

I made a little addition to my season simulator, but it's for RPI only so I'll post it here. It's basically a breakdown of where each point total is likely to place us in the final ECAC standings. Major takeaways are that going .500 probably leaves us in 6th and that we probably need to be near-perfect to get a bye.

Code:
                                   |     2     3     4     5     6     7     8     9
                                ----------------------------------------------------
                                20 |                           0.0   0.0   0.8   0.0
                                21 |                           0.0   0.4   1.3      
                                22 |                     0.0   0.7   3.7   4.7      
                                23 |               0.0   0.2   3.5   5.7   1.9      
                                24 |         0.0   0.1   3.7  14.8   8.4   1.0      
                                25 |         0.0   1.2   8.0   7.2   0.8   0.0      
                                26 |   0.0   0.5   5.5  12.7   3.9   0.1            
                                27 |   0.0   0.8   2.9   1.5   0.1                  
                                28 |   0.1   1.3   1.9   0.3   0.0
                                RPI Pep Band
                                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Working...
                                X