RPI Hockey 2015 - 2016 (Part II): We want more banners, not more flags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
    Someone pointed out to me that 3, maybe 4 other ECAC goalies maintain gaudy sub-2.00 goals against averages, but in a big game, we're going with Kazzie.
    I hope he's not too gassed from last night's game...
    I don`t like thinking about where we would be without him.In all honesty I thought we would lose last night.For an offensively challenged team we have overachieved for sure.This team imo is one of the best in years so far as really wanting to win night in and night out. Not once this year did I feel that I cared more about the outcome than the players did which hasn`t always been the case in the recent past.

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2015 - 2016 (Part II): We want more banners, not more flags

Last time an RPI goalie had a 49 save effort wasn't too long ago... Scott Diebold's freshman year at Colgate. That was a REALLY fun game.

We cannot finish lower than 9th. A win, coupled with a Union loss or tie, means we clinch home ice for at least one weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Last time an RPI goalie had a 49 save effort wasn't too long ago... Scott Diebold's freshman year at Colgate. That was a REALLY fun game.

We cannot finish lower than 9th. A win, coupled with a Union loss or tie, means we clinch home ice for at least one weekend.
        Don't get too far ahead of yourself. One game at a time,
        Too many times this year we have lost games we should have won and won games we should have lost.
        I love this years team, but they are a heart attack waiting to happen.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Both teams are certainly living and dying by their goaltending.
          Yes and so is my weekend. Son and I had tentative plans to go to Dartmouth tonight but heading in to Bright last night we were thinking... probably not if RPI lost a 4th in a row. Kasdorf's performance changed that ... now we feel like we have to go as the last two games we've been to at Brown and at Harvard have been wins - not to mention thoroughly entertaining.

The Gillespie goal last night was truly an odd one. We were sitting behind the net and saw the original shot clearly before it deflected a couple of times and somehow disappeared. My eyes were on Madsen and the RPI forward at the right post who both though the puck might have been in his equipment. As I was watching the RPI forward try to shake it loose, the puck was suddenly hitting the back of the net. Like magic almost to my angle... whereas my son saw Gillespie put it in and thinks the Harvard D man (Jaw) had it trapped between his glove and his pants, dropped it when there was no whistle and then KG whacked it in from mid air. I saw the KG shot clearly on replay but didn't get a good view of where the puck was. We were only 15 feet from the play and yet .. still shows what a fast and tough game it can be to follow sometimes.

Third period was really fun because we were in among a group of older Harvard fans, likely alums, and the incessant whining from them was pure gold. Had my 12 yr old daughter with me and she could hardly keep from laughing a few times (but she didn't laugh... unlike when I was a kid she is far too respectful for that!).

Hanover here we come. Last game that we attended we had a very good meal at I forget where with some great pizza. Got to the game and ... won the row of the night drawing which entitled us to about 12 free pizzas. Made a lot of friends that night giving 11 of them all away (yes... my kids still managed to eat one of them.).
          Last edited by jmhusker; 02-13-2016, 09:16 AM.

Comment

This team continues to play for each other. The game felt closer than the shot total indicated, especially In the 3rd period - they were even for the first 10 minutes and then RPI went into a shell. Hopefully they can continue to play for each other and keep going. LGR!
            Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              I think that the recruiting of Chase Perry as a second scholarship goalie indicates that SA knows that also, even though Kasdorf has left the possibility open in recent interviews.
              I think Kasdorf's 'leaving the possibility open' speaks to the fact that it is really Buffalo's call and out of his hands. Apparently he has not yet received word from them that they will assign him to Rochester or Elmira or not.
              "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                Don't get too far ahead of yourself. One game at a time,
                Too many times this year we have lost games we should have won and won games we should have lost.
                I love this years team, but they are a heart attack waiting to happen.
                Oh, the only thing I'm counting is not finishing below 9th, because it is a mathematical certainty. Gotta get it done tonight, hope we can get a split. We have only lost one series thus far this year, and that's to CCT (1-3). Yale and SLU are splits, while Brown and Harvard are wins (3-1), and Union a sweep. This is the only series where we have to win to salvage a split. The remaining ones are 3 ties and a win (Cornell). What's going to hurt the most are the ties, because ECAC wins is the tiebreak on a split, and we are most likely to lose that.

Comment

Pretty cool..........
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Can't always expect kasdorf to save the day
                    I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                      Can't always expect kasdorf to save the day
                      I was only able to follow on twitter, but it sounds like we played one period and tried to ride it out.
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                        I was only able to follow on twitter, but it sounds like we played one period and tried to ride it out.
                        That pretty well sums it up.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

We now have 77 goals, not a lot, but that is equal to last year's total in 9 fewer games.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Just 26 goals in the last 13 games and 5 in the last 5 contests. Offense always seems to be a challenge for Appert teams.

Comment

For the sake of keeping the other thread closed, allow me to respond to this here:

Originally posted by DeepRed72
                              You sound as if we have a reasonable chance for a home ice bye or an NCAA berth. The former is about 16% per my model, Lugnut can provide you a better number in a day or so. As for an NCAA berth, that would be no better than 5% at this point. I can hardly believe that these numbers are any better than your low pre-season expectations. Every team has injuries, defections, suspensions, etc. But some of those teams win every now and then. Despite the two wins, the last six games have been horrible. Easily we could have lost all six. If this team according to you was trying 100% of the time then that speaks volumes about their talent level. But to answer your question we have won 128 games in the last 10 seasons, 128-175-43 (346 games a big enough sample size?). So that there is no misinterpretation - my rancor is not directed at the boys. We need new leadership to make RPI Hockey great again.
                              Yes, I think they have a reasonable chance. Why? Quite simply, there's still four games left. That's 8 points. With only two points separating RPI and SLU, and 5 separating RPI and Yale, anything can happen in the yearly roller coaster ride that is the ECAC. Is it going to take a great effort? Yes, it's going to take a great effort, but it's hardly impossible. Also, I'd appreciate you not putting words in my mouth about low expectations, I've never put words in your mouth, so don't do it to me. Also, this season I would hardly say that RPI has won "every now and then" in regards to their injuries, the majority of the time they've come away with at least a point. Remember, RPI isn't a Michigan, OSU, Penn St, BC or any other school with a big athletic budget. These are kids that choose to come to RPI because they want to be here, get an education and play hockey. I for one am glad that RPI isn't lowering the standards of admission, I don't want to devalue my own degree. Please read my previous post, I never asked how many games RPI won in the past ten years, because, quite frankly, it's irrelevant to this season. I was simply making a generalization (something you like to do.) But, if you like to answer questions that were never asked to help you prove a point, so be it. I'll remain optimistic in my view of the team, and you can remain thinking that RPI will never recover.
                              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                                For the sake of keeping the other thread closed, allow me to respond to this here:

Yes, I think they have a reasonable chance. Why? Quite simply, there's still four games left. That's 8 points. With only two points separating RPI and SLU, and 5 separating RPI and Yale, anything can happen in the yearly roller coaster ride that is the ECAC. Is it going to take a great effort? Yes, it's going to take a great effort, but it's hardly impossible. Also, I'd appreciate you not putting words in my mouth about low expectations, I've never put words in your mouth, so don't do it to me. Also, this season I would hardly say that RPI has won "every now and then" in regards to their injuries, the majority of the time they've come away with at least a point. Remember, RPI isn't a Michigan, OSU, Penn St, BC or any other school with a big athletic budget. These are kids that choose to come to RPI because they want to be here, get an education and play hockey. I for one am glad that RPI isn't lowering the standards of admission, I don't want to devalue my own degree. Please read my previous post, I never asked how many games RPI won in the past ten years, because, quite frankly, it's irrelevant to this season. I was simply making a generalization (something you like to do.) But, if you like to answer questions that were never asked to help you prove a point, so be it. I'll remain optimistic in my view of the team, and you can remain thinking that RPI will never recover.
                                Well said. In spite of what Vince Lombardi said, winning is not the only thing.
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X