RPI Hockey 2015 - 2016 (Part II): We want more banners, not more flags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    I’m probably completely off on this but when I started watching RPI hockey, 10 yrs. ago, it seemed the one team that always had a legitimate shot in the NCAA playoffs was Cornell. I started noticing how they were getting ALL the calls. In the back of my mind I felt the ECAC brass were stacking the deck for their “one team”. With the obvious success of 2 recent Champs & Q-Pacs recent League dominance I don’t see the “favoritism” that seemed obvious to me. Keep in mind I was an outsider when I first started watching D-1 hockey. I had no idea about these forums. What I did see though was very biased officiating back then.
    You were not alone. F. Mike loves to work the officials and had a famous blow up at the TUC (?) trying to intimidate tbe refs.

Clarkson's D corps is thin due to injury. It appears the team has learned to score goals, and Greg Lewis has cemented the #1 goalie job.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2015 - 2016 (Part II): We want more banners, not more flags

I have lost my phone and internet connection again. They say it should be up within 24 hours.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I have lost my phone and internet connection again. They say it should be up within 24 hours.
        It's up again. I wonder for how long.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It would have been a shock if it didn't.
            RPI Pep Band
            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post

I must have missed that tweet when running back and forth to Starbucks.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I must have missed that tweet when running back and forth to Starbucks.
                Yeah, I was surprised it wasn't here already.
                RPI Pep Band
                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                  I hope this isn’t in reference to my Post. I wasn’t saying the League is now stacking the deck in Q’s favor. Just the opposite. With so many League teams now able to advance further in the Dance there’s no need to favor any one Team.
                  I get your point... I hadn't thought about it that way before and it's an excellent observation.

Comment

I picked up a ticket for SLU at noon on Tuesday and the box office rep said they were waiting on word whether or not Clarkson was returning any unsold tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                      Good News . . . Bad News . . .

With Minnesota State's win today over Minnesota in the consolation of the North Star College Cup, it assures RPI of going into next week at #14 in PWR. So for the first time in a few years we will be in Moy's Bracketology discussion this late in the season. The bad news is that we would likely be paired with North Dakota probably in Cincinnati. But then again revenge would be sweet.
                      Wrong Again!

I failed to notice that Minnesota, despite its putrid OOC record, is actually tied with Michigan for first in the B10 conference (8-2-0 vs. 7-1-2). And since conference wins is the tie-break, Minnesota gets the nod as the current leader. Unfortunately that bumps out a third team (#13) from the field as the AHA, WCHA and B10 all have their 'conference champions' as auto-qualifiers. Thus Rensselaer is the bubble team once more. Dang.

I guess it could be a lot worse - it isn't selection Sunday.
                      Last edited by DeepRed72; 02-03-2016, 05:33 PM.
                      "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                        Wrong Again!

I failed to notice that Minnesota, despite its putrid OOC record, is actually tied with Michigan for first in the B10 conference (8-2-0 vs. 7-1-2). And since conference wins the tie-break, Minnesota gets the nod as the current leader. Unfortunately that bumps out a third team (#13) from the field as the AHA, WCHA and B10 all have the 'conference champions' as auto-qualifiers. Thus Rensselaer is the bubble team once more. Dang.

I guess it could be a lot worse - it isn't selection Sunday.
                        While I suppose it's true that Minnesota is currently #1 in the B1G standings, I think it's clear that Minnesota being the actual champion come tourney time would be an upset. As WaP said in today's bracketology, "any team that wins their conference tournament that wouldn't have otherwise been in the tournament, that's considered an upset."

As an aside, I thought it was a little odd that B1G goes to conference wins before head-to-head results for the tiebreaker. I checked, and the B1G is actually the only league that does wins before head-to-head win percentage (though the NCHC skips head-to-head results in situations where the tied teams don't have an equal number of home and away games).
                        RPI Pep Band
                        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

While I suppose it's true that Minnesota is currently #1 in the B1G standings, I think it's clear that Minnesota being the actual champion come tourney time would be an upset. As WaP said in today's bracketology, "any team that wins their conference tournament that wouldn't have otherwise been in the tournament, that's considered an upset."

As an aside, I thought it was a little odd that B1G goes to conference wins before head-to-head results for the tiebreaker. I checked, and the B1G is actually the only league that does wins before head-to-head win percentage (though the NCHC skips head-to-head results in situations where the tied teams don't have an equal number of home and away games).
                          Unfortunately, the way things stand, even if we sweep this coming weekend, our PWR will not improve unless those around us lose. In fact, if Dartmouth and Cornell both sweep they will both jump us regardless of our results. We will have trouble holding our position with anything less than 6-2-0 going down the stretch. This week was probably our best shot at "Bracketology." We have little upside going forward but lots of downside - will need lots of help from other results. Or else we will need to go where no Appert Team has gone before - Lake Placid.
                          Last edited by DeepRed72; 02-03-2016, 05:58 PM.
                          "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Did anyone see this?

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Did anyone see this?

Not the full interview, but a little snippet: http://cbs6albany.com/sports/content...s-married-life

Sounds like he sought Appert's permission to propose.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Not the full interview, but a little snippet: http://cbs6albany.com/sports/content...s-married-life

Sounds like he sought Appert's permission to propose.

This could be the entire interview. http://cbs6albany.com/sports/beyond-...-jason-kasdorf

He didn't rule out coming back next year, but I still doubt that he will.
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-04-2016, 09:18 AM.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X