X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2015 - 2016 (Part II): We want more banners, not more flags

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
    Good News . . . Bad News . . .

With Minnesota State's win today over Minnesota in the consolation of the North Star College Cup, it assures RPI of going into next week at #14 in PWR. So for the first time in a few years we will be in Moy's Bracketology discussion this late in the season. The bad news is that we would likely be paired with North Dakota probably in Cincinnati. But then again revenge would be sweet.
    i have seen NDak but only on TV of course. They are a very good team as their record attests. But they are not the team that beat us in our last appearance 6-0. That team was a powerhouse with over 15 NHL draft picks. They were huge and they were fast and yet we played very well against them early (10=20 minutes) before the roof caved in. i felt they were the odds on best team in the nation and would cruise to the championship. This year's version is very good but not in that class and i would not fear playing them but would want them to travel to Albany for the game. Honestly, I could care less who we play as long as we get in, stay in Albany and give a good accounting of ourselves. We can on any given night play and beat anyone.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
      If RPI makes the NCAA field and doesn't wind up in Albany the committee would seriously need to have their heads examined. I know that they don't HAVE to put them there, as the ECAC picked Union as host, but should they be there? Absolutely.
      Remember last season when Providence essentially got to stay home for the regionals as a 4 seed? Look what happened to them!

Comment

As much as one loss does not a meltdown make, nor am I hitting any sort of panic button, I hope this is not the start of a February meltdown. We've still yet to have one, unless you want to consider our "slow start" (1-4) as such.

Comment

USCHO poll #14 http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-me...ruary-1,-2016/
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

#15 in USA Today Poll
            RPI Pep Band
            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Decent sight when your team is in the mix:

http://www.playoffstatus.com/ncaahoc...nseedprob.html

Comment

I don't know how anybody could check on this, but I wonder if any other team in RPI history ever played a two-game set on the road and got called for only one penalty in the two games combined.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                  I don't know how anybody could check on this, but I wonder if any other team in RPI history ever played a two-game set on the road and got called for only one penalty in the two games combined.
                  The officiating in the ECAC has done a complete Uturn in the last few weeks. They are letting the kids play and they have been very consistent about it. Somebody has finally gotten it right.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                    The officiating in the ECAC has done a complete Uturn in the last few weeks. They are letting the kids play and they have been very consistent about it. Somebody has finally gotten it right.
                    I’m probably completely off on this but when I started watching RPI hockey, 10 yrs. ago, it seemed the one team that always had a legitimate shot in the NCAA playoffs was Cornell. I started noticing how they were getting ALL the calls. In the back of my mind I felt the ECAC brass were stacking the deck for their “one team”. With the obvious success of 2 recent Champs & Q-Pacs recent League dominance I don’t see the “favoritism” that seemed obvious to me. Keep in mind I was an outsider when I first started watching D-1 hockey. I had no idea about these forums. What I did see though was very biased officiating back then.
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

If the league is trying to stack the deck for Quinnipiac, the refs have misunderstood. I haven't looked at this year's stats, but Qpac regularly takes the most minor penalties of any team in the league.
                      RPI Pep Band
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                        If the league is trying to stack the deck for Quinnipiac, the refs have misunderstood. I haven't looked at this year's stats, but Qpac regularly takes the most minor penalties of any team in the league.
                        I hope this isn’t in reference to my Post. I wasn’t saying the League is now stacking the deck in Q’s favor. Just the opposite. With so many League teams now able to advance further in the Dance there’s no need to favor any one Team.
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          I hope this isn’t in reference to my Post. I wasn’t saying the League is now stacking the deck in Q’s favor. Just the opposite. With so many League teams now able to advance further in the Dance there’s no need to favor any one Team.
                          As you know i go back a long time watching the ECAC. In the early years there was no question in my mind that there was a certain preference given to a few teams. There was also an almost universal home field advantage given by several of the officials. My opinion has changed a bit. I agree with you that there seems to be far less preferential treatment given to any one team. i also think that even the home field advantages given have lessened some. Although some teams still seem to get a little extra home cooking from the officials. it really has not affected RPI all that much since it is my firm belief that we have never been given either a general benefit or a home field advantage of any sort. Sure we get some good calls (Brown scored that goal in OT in our building this year) and Servinis might have been a tad over the line, but on the whole, we get the same kind of officiating we always have, whether we like it or not.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                            Unfortunately, for the first two periods on Saturday our guys were rarely close enough to the Yale skaters to commit a penalty. They were skating circles around us.

Thankfully, neither SLU nor Clarkson has the same level of speed or skill so that shouldn't happen again this weekend. An update on the health of our wounded? Since Clary was in the lineup on Saturday I presume that includes Gillespie, although I don't recall hearing of an injury.

Comment

It was mostly supporting your post.
                              RPI Pep Band
                              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

You mean like how they stacked it in Union's favour in 2014? I seem to recall media outrage being required to suspend a coach that should have been completely removed for punching a student.

Comment

Working...
                                X