Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2015 - 2016 (Part II): We want more banners, not more flags

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    OK-I know I am not a mathematician and you guys correct me all the time. But how do you play in 28 of your team's 20 games? is that New Math or something?????
    Actually considering Ralph's age, I believe it to be the 'Old' Math
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      It's easy if you can't type.
      We have that in common as Jericho pointed out to me yesterday.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
        I was at a Russian exhibition game - so if there was only 1 of them it happened after 1985 because I arrived at RPI in '84 and the game was played no earlier than the '85-'86 season.

In the game I attended, RPI took a lead midway through and the the Russians took over to win but something like 7-4. Can't recall if Juneau was on the team yet. It may have been his Freshman year as I recall thinking the team was on the rise again. It also could have been during the Hejna/Fereirra years between Oates and Juneau. So that makes it '86 or '87 I think.
        JM: That is about right. I know it was after the 85 championship year for certain and I would have placed it as you did. I thought it was Juneau's freshman year but I am just not certain. And yes, I recall we led at some point into the second period and then we started to get physically beaten.
        I want to say 87-88 only because I seem to remember we started fast that year and after the Christmas time period we collapsed for the rest of the season only winning a few games. But i am just not sure.
        Last edited by DrDemento; 01-30-2016, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vicious View Post
          This matches what I remember from the game. RPI did hold a lead but the Russians seemed to take control as the game went on. HFH was packed and the building was buzzing, almost a Freakout-type atmosphere. I think Jamie Bellanca was in net for RPI but it could have been Steve Duncan too. Can't remember exact year but sometime in '86 or '87 sounds spot on.
          Yes! I remember thinking it would be a disaster with 2 new goalies. I also remember hating the game because RPI was goaded into playing their chippy style.
          Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            If Servinis missed any games for that reason, it was only one game since he played in 28 of RPI's 29 games. http://www.augenblick.org/rpi/h_05sc.html

Yes that's correct, their suspensions were not equal because Oates played more Tier 2 than Servinis did.
            Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Does anyone have any new information on the return of Riley or Parker? We could sure use them for the coming weekend. Also, is Gillespie injured or just in the chateau bow wow???
              We are going to need everyone on board for two really big games this weekend.

LGR
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                Does anyone have any new information on the return of Riley or Parker? We could sure use them for the coming weekend. Also, is Gillespie injured or just in the chateau bow wow???
                We are going to need everyone on board for two really big games this weekend.

LGR
                I would think it was a rotational sub; Yale's a faster team, whereas Kenny's strength is in, well... his strength. Appert has a tendency to put in players that he thinks will "match up well", even if they don't get much ice time in games. I'm sure he'll be back next week.

Comment

Next weekend, despite the records and the standings, you have 4 teams that are really pretty much all in the same level. Matching up on the ice will be the difference. You could see 4 blowouts and you could see 4 ties. Obviously we will fare better if we can get healthy but we must take advantage of home ice and the last change that it brings for each face off. And speaking of face offs...............

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Bring back the bee!!! Buzz Buzz Buzz.

Comment

There's a great swarm story that I enjoy telling. Before the 85 championship game, there were thousands of Michigan State fans in the building (disappointed that they were eliminated he week before) and weren't really sure who to root for. So Swarm came out on the ice waiving a MSU flag. I'll never forget looking at the MSU fans chanting Let's go Red!
                        Puckman is good, but the "bug" was better!

Comment

Anyone see either of the Brown or Yale games and have some insight into how they controlled so much of the play the first 10-15 minutes of each game?

Comment

Good News . . . Bad News . . .

With Minnesota State's win today over Minnesota in the consolation of the North Star College Cup, it assures RPI of going into next week at #14 in PWR. So for the first time in a few years we will be in Moy's Bracketology discussion this late in the season. The bad news is that we would likely be paired with North Dakota probably in Cincinnati. But then again revenge would be sweet.
                            "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                              Good News . . . Bad News . . .

With Minnesota State's win today over Minnesota in the consolation of the North Star College Cup, it assures RPI of going into next week at #14 in PWR. So for the first time in a few years we will be in Moy's Bracketology discussion this late in the season. The bad news is that we would likely be paired with North Dakota probably in Cincinnati. But then again revenge would be sweet.
                              If RPI makes the NCAA field and doesn't wind up in Albany the committee would seriously need to have their heads examined. I know that they don't HAVE to put them there, as the ECAC picked Union as host, but should they be there? Absolutely.
                              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Juneau played against the russians. i remember one highlight was Juneau faking a defenseman out of his shorts but not scoring in all alone. That RPI defenseman from alaska played but didn't last very long. Clint Thomas joey's freshman year
                                Last edited by Havasu M; 01-31-2016, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X