X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2015 - 2016 (Part II): We want more banners, not more flags

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
    Would Omaha losing help our PWR?
    UNO did lose. Yale jumped over them. We are just 12pts. behind UNO. Friday night’s “cheering section” worked out favorably. Now, just keep winning baby.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I'm back.
      Me too.

With apologies to baseball, all this PWR watching takes scoreboard watching to a whole new level. Just win, baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Demento View Post
        ... an exhibition game against the Russians in the 1980's...
        I saw that exhibition with the Russians at HFH. I believe we lost by 2 or 3 goals but played quite well. This is a stretch... I seem to think this was during the 82/83 season (last year of Fink & Fradet?)... for folks looking for a date, the game was played the night ABC showed 'The Day After' (I think that was the title... made for tv drama about nuclear war... set in [what was left of] Kansas).
        Last edited by fr. joe; 01-30-2016, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
          Thinking about this more, you're right because I'm pretty sure Addesa wanted to play Servinis and Oates in these games before their mandated "suspension" coming in from Tier 2 junior. These games were a good opportunity to do so.
          Oates missed some games because he played some Tier-I. I don't recall Servinis having to miss any.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Oates missed some games because he played some Tier-I. I don't recall Servinis having to miss any.
            Pretty sure they both had some penalty for eligibility. Not sure I have a scrapbook from that season though, so I can't verify.
            Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
              Pretty sure they both had some penalty for eligibility. Not sure I have a scrapbook from that season though, so I can't verify.
              If Servinis missed any games for that reason, it was only one game since he played in 28 of RPI's 29 games. http://www.augenblick.org/rpi/h_05sc.html
              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-30-2016, 06:50 AM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                UNO did lose. Yale jumped over them. We are just 12pts. behind UNO. Friday night’s “cheering section” worked out favorably. Now, just keep winning baby.
                That game with UNO was televised here (we get a ton of western and midwestern games but almost no ECAC. The first 5 minutes it looked like UNO would run them out of the building. We watched for a while and it did not seem to get any better as CC was falling all over themselves. Shut it off and what do you know? You just cannot tell early in games sometimes. After all, some team was down 3-0 last night and came back to win 4-3 (and could have been 5-3).
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  If Servinis missed any games for that reason, it was only one game since he played in 28 of RPI's 20 games. http://www.augenblick.org/rpi/h_05sc.html
                  OK-I know I am not a mathematician and you guys correct me all the time. But how do you play in 28 of your team's 20 games? is that New Math or something?????

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                    I saw that exhibition with the Russians at HFH. I believe we lost by 2 or 3 goals but played quite well. This is a stretch... I seem to think this was during the 82/83 season (last year of Fink & Fradet?)... for folks looking for a date, the game was played the night ABC showed 'The Day After' (I think that was the title... made for tv drama about nuclear war... set in [what was left of] Kansas).
                    Jen and i were there. I cannot remember all the details but Jen's memory for everything is typical woman (she remembers everything and haunts me with things I said 40 years ago). She recalls how dirty the Russians played. It was like their primary purpose was intent to injure. Sticks were high and boarding was just constant.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      OK-I know I am not a mathematician and you guys correct me all the time. But how do you play in 28 of your team's 20 games? is that New Math or something?????
                      The purpose is to understand what you are doing, rather than to get the right answer.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        The purpose is to understand what you are doing, rather than to get the right answer.
                        But did you show your work?

Comment

It's easy if you can't type.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            Engineers currently sitting @ 14 in PWR & 13 in KRACH.
                            Union is appropriately ranked in PWR.

Comment

Jen and i were there. I cannot remember all the details but Jen's memory for everything is typical woman (she remembers everything and haunts me with things I said 40 years ago). She recalls how dirty the Russians played. It was like their primary purpose was intent to injure. Sticks were high and boarding was just constant.
                              I was at a Russian exhibition game - so if there was only 1 of them it happened after 1985 because I arrived at RPI in '84 and the game was played no earlier than the '85-'86 season.

In the game I attended, RPI took a lead midway through and the the Russians took over to win but something like 7-4. Can't recall if Juneau was on the team yet. It may have been his Freshman year as I recall thinking the team was on the rise again. It also could have been during the Hejna/Fereirra years between Oates and Juneau. So that makes it '86 or '87 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                                I was at a Russian exhibition game - so if there was only 1 of them it happened after 1985 because I arrived at RPI in '84 and the game was played no earlier than the '85-'86 season.

In the game I attended, RPI took a lead midway through and the the Russians took over to win but something like 7-4. Can't recall if Juneau was on the team yet. It may have been his Freshman year as I recall thinking the team was on the rise again. It also could have been during the Hejna/Fereirra years between Oates and Juneau. So that makes it '86 or '87 I think.
                                This matches what I remember from the game. RPI did hold a lead but the Russians seemed to take control as the game went on. HFH was packed and the building was buzzing, almost a Freakout-type atmosphere. I think Jamie Bellanca was in net for RPI but it could have been Steve Duncan too. Can't remember exact year but sometime in '86 or '87 sounds spot on.

Comment

Working...
                                X