Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2015 - 2016 (Part II): We want more banners, not more flags

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Actually, there has been a lot of melting and I think it is supposed to hit 60 deg next week.
    Ralph, I couldn't take the icy roads up on Long Island any longer. I just purchased a KICKR Snap trainer and am now riding indoors with/against people all over the world.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
      I wanted to throw out a question to the older RPI posters out there.
      There was a year in which we played a couple of exhibition games against Sir Wilfred Laurier and Brock University that were played at HFH in which I attended.
      I'm trying to find out what year those two games were played
      RPI defeated SWL 13-2 and Brock 15-0. The Brock game was memorable because we had 35 shots on goal IN THE SECOND PERIOD. The Brock goalie made 32 saves and had to be helped off the ice at the end of the period. Thanks for any help...
      That was 83-84, or the year before. It was definitely in the Servinis/Oates era.
      Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

I remember seeing a game between RPI and Brock during a visit to the Capital District years after I had graduated, though I don't remember Sir Wilfred Laurier.

I remember that in the days before the game, RPI's coach - and my somewhat fuzzy recollection is that the coach was Mike Addesa - tried to do some advance promotion, saying nice things about Brock's team and how he expected a good, competitive game. Something about the tone of the coach's remarks led me to wonder if he really had as much respect for them as he said he did, or if he was just trying to think of something he could say other than "These guys stink out loud."

Well, as I said, I went to the game. I can't say I specifically remember the score or the number of shots on goal in the second period, but I do remember that Brock stunk out loud.

If Addesa was, indeed, the coach at the time, that would put the game in the general time period that ServinisScores mentioned.

Comment

I don't think that anyone posted that RPI has a new Hockey Operations Coordinator. http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...122165658.aspx
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
            That was 83-84, or the year before. It was definitely in the Servinis/Oates era.
            Thanks. It was probably in 1982-83, because the HFH was renovated after that season. The first home game at the newly renovated arena was against Mount Allison, so they wouldn't have played 3 Canadian teams that year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              I don't think that anyone posted that RPI has a new Hockey Operations Coordinator. http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...122165658.aspx
              He would be replacing Kevin Anderson, who left a couple seasons ago, right?
              RPI Pep Band
              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                I don't remember when he left, but that's the position.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    I have followed RPI hockey for over 50 years. I never felt that statistics alone tell the story about a goaltender. We have fellows win many more games,have fewer losses, etc. But you always have to take into account the team playing in front of him and especially the defensemen. i will stick to and defend my previous statement made weeks ago. He is the total package and the best goaltender I have seen at RPI. He exerts a control over the game and often slows the tempo at crucial times for us. He knows when to try to freeze the puck and buy us time. is he the best puckhandler? is he the best at roaming behind the net to stop pucks from swinging around? Do all the rebounds he gives up head in the right direction? No to all three. But of everyone I have seen here, if I was to pick the guy that i want in goal for me against anyone, on any given night, for the most important game, I pick Jason. What you just posted as his save percentage just adds to my feelings.
                    With the scoring that RPI has (very little over the past few years) Kasdorf has to limit opposing teams to 2 goals or less for RPI to win. This is not an easy task considering he has seen 40 or more shots to many times this year. Any time he stops 40 plus shots and RPI gets a point out of it is a steal for Jason. A few that come to mind are BC game, Harvard shut out, Quinnipiac, and the Cornell game where RPI was out shot 44 to 15. Thank you very much Jason.

Comment

Engineers currently sitting @ 14 in PWR & 13 in KRACH.
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Thanks. It was probably in 1982-83, because the HFH was renovated after that season. The first home game at the newly renovated arena was against Mount Allison, so they wouldn't have played 3 Canadian teams that year.
                        Thinking about this more, you're right because I'm pretty sure Addesa wanted to play Servinis and Oates in these games before their mandated "suspension" coming in from Tier 2 junior. These games were a good opportunity to do so.
                        Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                          Quantock is replacing Andy Thomas, who replaced Kevin when he left.

Comment

This is right around the time my father started taking me to games, Mount Allison rings a bell. But one of the first Canadian colleges I remember seeing was Dalhousie. I recall a Dalhousie player being severely injured right in front of the old section 1 , so severely that a stretcher was brought out. I think Jerry Fink was the goalie pre puppa?

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              Engineers currently sitting @ 14 in PWR & 13 in KRACH.
                              Would Omaha losing help our PWR?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
                                Would Omaha losing help our PWR?
                                It would, but concentrate on the three teams that are directly above RPI. RPI needs to take care of Yale tomorrow, and if Miami beats Denver again tomorrow, RPI will jump over those two teams. Then they can turn their sights on flipping the comparison with UML (which is tough due to RPI's loss to them earlier this season, ) and Omaha.
                                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Working...
                                X