Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears - Return to the Glory Years or On to Oblivion?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine Black Bears - Return to the Glory Years or On to Oblivion?

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Interesting, not sure I see it that way but he either has to get extended or cut loose after this season. I doubt they cut him loose and pay out the final year so I'm guessing a 2 year deal. I think this years frosh are his first real class. Robbins, Michel and Gibson are looking ok. I'd say Robbins is going to be good before its over. So its up to the incoming class next year to make a real difference. Seems like it might if Rob can handle the goaltending? Not sure on that.
    In reality it would be hard to see the U buy out another contract, especially 3 years removed from TW...BUT why give him a 2 year extension...if they give anything, give him a 1 year extension and that would equal out to two years...and with that said it would send a message that he has his 4th year and one other and if no improvement/no progress then he(Red)should see the writing on the wall that if there's NO improvement then its time for Change(again). Myself and I know it comes down to Recruiting and what direction the Program is heading, but I would tell him NO extension and if any extension talk that it would be discussed when his 4th season is 3/4 finished. No more 3 year extensions like the TW era.

Comment

How about this second season of the ladies black bear basketball. I think I heard 19 and 1 at home.
      Great program turn around.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
        How about this second season of the ladies black bear basketball. I think I heard 19 and 1 at home.
        Great program turn around.
        ...and it didn't happen overnight. A lot easier to turn around a basketball team versus a hockey team too.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Incoming recruit pat Shea had a hat trick yesterday
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Incoming recruit pat Shea had a hat trick yesterday
            Marshfield kid from a total hockey family. Now at KUA playing for...Whitehead.

Comment

Jeff Harris has been an important part of Maine athletics for decades. I do not recall ever seeing him without a smile on his face. His niece posted this to the Maine Athletics page on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

I have been in touch with his niece and things are going as well as can be hoped. If you have a minute, post a message to him. He reads them all and they do mean a lot to him. The family is requesting privacy right now, but if you want to send a card mail it to the Maine Athletics Department and they will see that he gets it.

Athletic Dept. Mailing Address:
              C/O Jeff Harris
              5747 Memorial Gym,
              Orono, Maine, 04469

Comment

Maines Riley got a 5 minute interference penalty. Anyone ever seen that before. Maine up 3 1. Robbins with unassisted beauty

Comment

Maines Riley got a 5 minute interference penalty. Anyone ever seen that before. Maine up 3 1. Robbins with unassisted beauty
                  I didn't see the play but it may have been for a blindside hit. A rule was added a couple of seasons ago.

Interference: Blindside hits. (Rule 59.1)
                  (1) Recommendation. A category of penalty in the interference rule will be added to
                  separate a severe blindside hit from the contact to the head penalty. In these
                  cases, a major penalty may be called for blindside contact when the head is not
                  contacted.(
                  https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/f...214_060414.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    I didn't see the play but it may have been for a blindside hit. A rule was added a couple of seasons ago.

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/f...214_060414.pdf
                    Thanks, figures Maine would be the first. penalties in last nights game should have killed them, 3 in the 3rd period alone. 5-2 win, first road win this year, yea.

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears - Return to the Glory Years or On to Oblivion?

Thanks, figures Maine would be the first. penalties in last nights game should have killed them, 3 in the 3rd period alone. 5-2 win, first road win this year, yea.
                      Penalties are a problem. If Maine had been playing a good offensive team, they may not have won that game. Two bad teams at the bottom of Hockey East standings. Having said that, Maine won!!

Comment

How is it Red cannot get these guys to stop taking stupid penalties? Taking a guy down to prevent a goal I can see, but so many of these are stuff like interference or holding in the offensive zone, boardings or hits from behind, whatever. No excuse at all to be taking those sorts of penalties, and why are they still taking them?
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          How is it Red cannot get these guys to stop taking stupid penalties? Taking a guy down to prevent a goal I can see, but so many of these are stuff like interference or holding in the offensive zone, boardings or hits from behind, whatever. No excuse at all to be taking those sorts of penalties, and why are they still taking them?
                          Frustrating, ain't it. I can't understand why its still happening. They talk about it in press conference after games, they talk about it in newspaper article yet same thing happens every game.

Comment

• Just landed some kid from Austria under 18 team. 99 birthday

Comment

Probably an elite downhill skier

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                                Probably an elite downhill skier
                                http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=243311

Comment

Working...
                                X