Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears - Return to the Glory Years or On to Oblivion?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears - Return to the Glory Years or On to Oblivion?

Mighta?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
      Like watching a different division, right?
      The striking diff to me is the lack of incredible, instinctive, acrobatic goaltending, along with our inability to bury pucks like these teams can. Natural goal scoring cant be taught, its innate, either you have it or you don't.
      Last edited by hobeyfaker; 03-27-2016, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hobeyfaker View Post
        The striking diff to me is the lack of incredible acrobatic goaltending, along with our inability to bury pucks like these teams can.
        The goal by an anas of quin. No one on maine could do that and that ain't coaching
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
          Mighta won more than 8 games tho......
          With our goalies? Yeah right

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            The goal by an anas of quin. No one on maine could do that and that ain't coaching
            Exactly and I said the same thing to my son. "Maine players just don't score goals like that".

Comment

• I'm amazed at how poor the attendance is at all the games this weekend. Even in St Paul, hockey country.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                I'm amazed at how poor the attendance is at all the games this weekend. Even in St Paul, hockey country.
                Now they will consider Portland, Maine......a decade too late.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                  Now they will consider Portland, Maine......a decade too late.
                  A decade ago Portland wasn't in any condition to host. Now it is. I doubt the ECAC is going to be in a hurry to host in Albany again.

1) Extend the commuter rail to Manchester. Have the Northeast Regional rotate between Portland, Manchester and Worcester.
                  2) Have the East regional rotate between Bridgeport, Providence and Lake Placid.
                  3) Implement the scheduling changes I've outlined in another thread.
                  4) ???
                  5) Profit.

OK, the commuter rail thing is a pipe dream, but the rest is doable.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    A decade ago Portland wasn't in any condition to host. Now it is. I doubt the ECAC is going to be in a hurry to host in Albany again.

1) Extend the commuter rail to Manchester. Have the Northeast Regional rotate between Portland, Manchester and Worcester.
                    2) Have the East regional rotate between Bridgeport, Providence and Lake Placid.
                    3) Implement the scheduling changes I've outlined in another thread.
                    4) ???
                    5) Profit.

OK, the commuter rail thing is a pipe dream, but the rest is doable.
                    Lake Placid would be great! I think I'd have to make that trip. I doubt attendance would be very good though, so booking hotels wouldn't be difficult.

Comment

have to ask as I can't remember.

Was Maine ever interested in Jim Montgomery? If so, did he decline? And if they weren't interested in him, why not? Personally, I just don't see Gendron being the answer.

Comment

He was the board favorite as successor to Timmy for years because of his obvious connection and success in Dubuque.

When they finally moved on TW it was later than Denvers opening. Monty said publically the AD at the time never called him....there was debate at the time as to whose job it is to call who when a job is open (send in an application maybe??).....generally the inneundo was that Maine wasnt interested because of some personal stuff and the rest was just posturing.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                          He was the board favorite as successor to Timmy for years because of his obvious connection and success in Dubuque.

When they finally moved on TW it was later than Denvers opening. Monty said publically the AD at the time never called him....there was debate at the time as to whose job it is to call who when a job is open (send in an application maybe??).....generally the inneundo was that Maine wasnt interested because of some personal stuff and the rest was just posturing.
                          That and jimmy makes way more money than Red

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            have to ask as I can't remember.

Was Maine ever interested in Jim Montgomery? If so, did he decline? And if they weren't interested in him, why not? Personally, I just don't see Gendron being the answer.
                            OUCH!! Well Maine sure was hoping for it. But as noted from the reply's - the school, well water under the bridge now.

Comment

Originally posted by hobeyfaker View Post
                              The striking diff to me is the lack of incredible, instinctive, acrobatic goaltending, along with our inability to bury pucks like these teams can. Natural goal scoring cant be taught, its innate, either you have it or you don't.
                              To me it was the lack of time from when someone got the puck to when he did something with it, either shot, or made a pass. No fumbling around trying to control it, no taking an extra second to decide what and where he was going with it, no fiddling and diddling around with it just to shoot it into someone's shinpads, just, it's on his stick, and then it's gone. So many no-look or dump the puck to an area where their team-mate was skating to, ready to pick it up, so many guys moving to open space ready to receive that pass, it was just beautiful to see.

People on the ice knowing where their teammate was gonna be, and able to get the puck to them.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                                Lake Placid would be great! I think I'd have to make that trip. I doubt attendance would be very good though, so booking hotels wouldn't be difficult.
                                I would love to go to a regional in Lake Placid. The FF I went to there in 1988 was the best FF I've ever been to. Just an absolute blast all weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X