Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears - Return to the Glory Years or On to Oblivion?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    I know they are hard at work, just saying these days this isn't a 9 to 5 job...
    Change in an organizations starts at the top, this one needs change. If staff isn't working on that tomorrow then they are misdirected. Yes we need talent, and they need to develop the talent that is here. Better teams do better in developing.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
      . Better teams do better in developing.
      That's what concerns me. I didn't see much overall improvement until I see that I'm not sure Red can handle this job.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears - Return to the Glory Years or On to Oblivion?

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
        I had unused tickets as well. I'm having trouble justifying spending that kind of money on watching a less than mediocre team. I'm sure eventually the team will improve and I'll pay to watch them play some of the better teams occasionally.
        I'd be shocked if they aren't considerably cheaper next year. The administration has to be close to figuring out that what few season ticket holders they have left aren't going to continue to pay through the nose when there is plenty of availability of single game tickets.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          I'd be shocked if they aren't considerably cheaper next year. The administration has to be close to figuring out that what few season ticket holders they have left aren't going to continue to pay through the nose when there is plenty of availability of single game tickets.
          prepare to be shocked, they won't drop a nickle
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post

You are right. Price drops, unless you are involved in some highly competetive high tech industry, are rarely viable in most business plans. They just don't help the bottom line.
            Last edited by hobeyfaker; 03-06-2016, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Agree, the price will not drop.

Comment

Just a UPDATE on a few who said after the Holiday Break (mid-December) that Denver would fold like a house of Cards...@ the Break 7-7-5...Now @ 21-8-7...Ranked #6 this week in the uscho.com Poll...and ranked in a tie for #6 in the Pairwise Rankings with Yale...boy did they fold. Granted Denver has better talent and was way better off then Maine, but remember too, that to keep a good team going you have to have someone behind the Bench to push the right buttons. Good for #19.

Comment

BDN - Mahoney's article today - prediction for next year - "Barring injuries, next year’s Maine team should win at least 14 games with its improved skill level, easier nonconference schedule and maturation."
                  Good enough to hold the season tickets for?
                  But, the incoming class sounds good and hopefully the guys returning gain over the summer.

Comment

Talking season ticket holders, here at UNH the Admin almost laughs at those loyal enuf to maintain their season tickets, by offering 4 tickets for $44 frequently during the season....last year we couldn't sellout Michigan or Notre Dame! Ridiculous.....

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                      Talking season ticket holders, here at UNH the Admin almost laughs at those loyal enuf to maintain their season tickets, by offering 4 tickets for $44 frequently during the season....last year we couldn't sellout Michigan or Notre Dame! Ridiculous.....
                      Doesn't shock me.

It's kinda funny that all the Maine fans here ignore the fact that once-mighty UNH is essentially in the same boat as the Bears are, even with Umile at the helm, whose career has been pretty stellar for a very long time.

Times are changing for a number of reasons, but I do miss the days when both programs were relevant. Call me a heretic yet again, but I was a huge UNH fan back in the day when they were good, and playing OOC and/or in the NCAAs. (Unless they were facing Maine, of course. )
                      Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-07-2016, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                        I remember the days when Lowell would actively market to UNH fans as they traveled in large numbers, trying to get them to come to away games in Lowell as it was an easy ticket to get and it would put bodies in the seats and money in the coffers. Whittemore South is what the Tsongas used to be called. Now Lowell leads Hockey East in attendance and is eighth in the nation, averaging 5,615 this year. But UNH is 15th which is still pretty good at a 4,892 average.
                        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                          I remember the days when Lowell would actively market to UNH fans as they traveled in large numbers, trying to get them to come to away games in Lowell as it was an easy ticket to get and it would put bodies in the seats and money in the coffers. Whittemore South is what the Tsongas used to be called. Now Lowell leads Hockey East in attendance and is eighth in the nation, averaging 5,615 this year. But UNH is 15th which is still pretty good at a 4,892 average.
                          That is good for UML and Hockey East...things changed when they(UML)put people in charge with hockey backgrounds...along with the hiring of Bazin...UML has developed into a solid Program.

Comment

Times are changing for a number of reasons, but I do miss the days when both programs were relevant. Call me a heretic yet again, but I was a huge UNH fan back in the day when they were good, and playing OOC and/or in the NCAAs. (Unless they were facing Maine, of course. )
                            I totally agree Fishman 81.....that Championship game back in 99 was awesome! Alfie Michaud played his finest game to earn you guys the title....that and the linesman who kept the puck in the zone, when UNH was transitioning fast but left Dimitrakos down by the goalie, slowly getting up to rejoin the play.....oops!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                              BDN - Mahoney's article today - prediction for next year - "Barring injuries, next year’s Maine team should win at least 14 games with its improved skill level, easier nonconference schedule and maturation."
                              But, the incoming class sounds good and hopefully the guys returning gain over the summer.
                              Larry is always very optimistic, that's ok. I went back and looked at last year's article and he had Maine ('15 - '16 team), finishing in 6th place in Hockey East.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                                That is delusional. Prior to UMass firing Micholetto they were the only school in Hockey East I wouldn't have traded Maine's next five years for. Depending on who they hire, I might flip that. My over/under for next year is 9.5 wins and 11th place.

Comment

Working...
                                X