Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears - Return to the Glory Years or On to Oblivion?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    IMO the exposure is more valuable than the revenue in either case, at least in terms of recruiting. As ghastly as this program has become, it's still on TV a ton, even here in New York. Prospective recruits have to consider this a plus.

(Not that I can fathom why, say, a CBSCS would want to show a team like Maine... They must still be drinking the vintage Kool-Aid.)
    Or they believe Red's gonna bring them back. And when he does, they wanna be there!

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears - Return to the Glory Years or On to Oblivion?

Well I HOPE that Romeo has fantastic practice week and forces the hands of the Coaching Staff to start him ahead of McGovern/Morris in Gm.#1....maybe the TEAM would rally around the seldom used netminder...they still might NOT win but maybe there would be some gut check motivation on the part of the TEAM to at least play for there teammate. Well maybe/maybe not. ???

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
        Or they believe Red's gonna bring them back. And when he does, they wanna be there!
        That's gotta be it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
          Well I HOPE that Romeo has fantastic practice week and forces the hands of the Coaching Staff to start him ahead of McGovern/Morris in Gm.#1....maybe the TEAM would rally around the seldom used netminder...they still might NOT win but maybe there would be some gut check motivation on the part of the TEAM to at least play for there teammate. Well maybe/maybe not. ???
          Someone (using this term loosely) in the NU thread has "sources" that Romeo is starting this week. So I guess you read Red's mind
          BS UMass Lowell 2015
          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
            Someone (using this term loosely) in the NU thread has "sources" that Romeo is starting this week. So I guess you read Red's mind
            If true, that's amazing. Gendron typically provides no information whatsoever about the status of his players.

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
              I hope he does...

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                I hope he does...
                Why? so he can know what its like to play behind no D
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                  If true, that's amazing. Gendron typically provides no information whatsoever about the status of his players.

A la Bill Belichick, minus the "We're On To [insert opponent]"

Comment

Who's coaching the goalies?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                      Who's coaching the goalies?
                      Former Maine goalie Ray Jean.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Why? so he can know what its like to play behind no D
                        I guess I just want to see if this kid(#30)has something all of us wanted to see this season: IMPROVEMENT in Net...I really hope he gets a chance. AND maybe it will get into the heads of NU. Nothing to lose, everyone(including myself/sadly)has Maine going out in 2 games...we shall see come Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                          I guess I just want to see if this kid(#30)has something all of us wanted to see this season: IMPROVEMENT in Net...I really hope he gets a chance. AND maybe it will get into the heads of NU. Nothing to lose, everyone(including myself/sadly)has Maine going out in 2 games...we shall see come Friday.
                          Red would have to completely suck as a judge of talent if this kid had any chance to show us much at this point in the season. Sure he could win so could any of the goalies. I'd have to question the coach if Romeo starts either game this weekend.
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                            Former Maine goalie Ray Jean.
                            Surely an area that could be bolstered next year.

The goaltender coach position has been suspect for some time. Even when Bishop was here he had some talent but I never thought he was that good. He needed position training. When he went pro he got good coaching.

Comment

Problem with Bish was that he spent half the game overplaying the puck, miles from his crease. He used to drive me crazy, but I love watching him now that he stays home and tends his net.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                                Problem with Bish was that he spent half the game overplaying the puck, miles from his crease. He used to drive me crazy, but I love watching him now that he stays home and tends his net.
                                Same here. Out of posish Bish

Comment

Working...
                                X