Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DogHouse Update: Where is Kevin Roy?

Hello NUers,

Got info from a NU hockey player that the head injury to Kevin Roy was "no big deal-- he'll be back in a week"-- that was some 7 weeks ago. Any updates? Huskies are playing very well as of late...on 5-1-2 in L8. They continue to outshoot opponents, don't take penalties and their goal differential is all the way down to -4.

Re: DogHouse Update: Where is Kevin Roy?

These kind of injuries are taken very seriously - as they should be. Unless the player you spoke with was a Pre-Med, he really didn't know what he was talking about and shouldn't have been speculating about something like this. Kevin absolutely can't return until the Doc says he can. The latest "guess" would find him on the Gahden ice for the Beanpot. I'd expect him to have a bit of rust. It would be better for him and the team if he were cleared to play against Merrimack this week in the last games before the BP game with bu.
    Last edited by HHound; 01-19-2016, 10:24 AM.

Comment

When/how did Roy get the concussion?

Comment

greatly looking forward to seeing him healthy and playing again also,who would have had Roy having such an off year before the injury,He's way too talented to not shows flashes of brilliance when he gets his legs back.As far as the team goes hope this January thaw continues through February,and the chemistry doesn't get thrown off when the lines change up.
        Last edited by Happy Husky; 01-19-2016, 09:46 PM.

Comment

I am going to go out on a limb and say with only 10 + games remaining and 5 PTS and no goals you will not see him on the ice again this year. That’s the way it goes with a drafted prospect who belongs to the Ducks of Anaheim they are calling the shots here not NU and not Kevin of our doctors in Boston. I would have expected him to do what Steve Quailer did under similar circumstances a few years back and take his degree and anther year of hockey and grad classes. I believe looking at the at the rules he just missed it.

The student-athlete must suffer the injury during one of their four seasons of college competition or during the senior year of high school. The injury must be incapacitating. That means it must be a season-ending injury. The injury must occur prior to the start of the second half of the season. The student-athlete must not have competed in more than 30% of the season or three contests, whichever is greater.

He played in 11 games there were 34 games on the schedule but that includes the bean pot games and one exhibition so dies he miss this by 2 games. That sucks!

Comment

Working...
          X