UMD Bulldogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMD Bulldogs

Not much talk lately on the Bulldogs. Definite sleeper. Big, fast, disciplined, skilled. impressed every time i see them, even in losses. If they get in the 16 look out.

Re: UMD Bulldogs

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
    Not much talk lately on the Bulldogs. Definite sleeper. Big, fast, disciplined, skilled. impressed every time i see them, even in losses. If they get in the 16 look out.
    A lot of losses. Look at their results. 0-6-2 against SCSU, UND, Denver and Omaha.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Toughest league in the country. t16 pairwise. Gonna be interesting.

Comment

Sleeper team for sure...but will they wake up before it's too late?

Always seem like they hit a hot goalie or can't score. It's been an odd season with much high expectations for the year.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
          A lot of losses. Look at their results. 0-6-2 against SCSU, UND, Denver and Omaha.
          Somehow still 16th in the pwr. that's nuts
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            Somehow still 16th in the pwr. that's nuts
            (CHN app) Shots per Game: UMD 3rd in nation 35.81
            (USCHO) Team Offense: UMD tied 27th 2.67 goals per game.

Dirty: Why {shouldn't Grand Valley State} not just go the Miami way to fund DI? Rob banks and sell drugs.
            bigmrg74: GVSU has some speed, but not that kind of speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
              All part of Sandelin's evil plan to get everyone else over-confident before he and his players take over the rest of the nachos...

Comment

How do we have all this talent that isn't scoring? I don't get it.
                tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  How do we have all this talent that isn't scoring? I don't get it.
                  How didn't they score against NoDak? That team's d is like swiss cheese...

Comment

No pure goal scorers since Herbert bolted a year early. He could have been the difference last season. Definitely one of the fastest teams in the country and depth throughout the lineup. Just no real snipers that score goals when the team needs it. Dom has been that guy in spurts, but nobody has been in that role consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by AHABulldog View Post
                      No pure goal scorers since Herbert bolted a year early. He could have been the difference last season. Definitely one of the fastest teams in the country and depth throughout the lineup. Just no real snipers that score goals when the team needs it. Dom has been that guy in spurts, but nobody has been in that role consistently.
                      That's a great point...although we should define what a pure goal scorer is...because I don't have an answer. It feels like everyone on the team has had a great prior season or stretch of season under their belt and should be getting more points and goals than they currently are...

The whole "wait until UMD figures things out and then they'll be very scary" is gettin old. I've been waiting far too long to hear and think that they've turned the corner for me to think that they will anytime soon.

I thought Toninato would be more of a scorer than he is right now, but hopefully he'll be someone to take the next step with his game soon. Would be nice to see a player get hot and carry this club down the stretch.
                      tUMD Hockey

Comment

Man, the bulldogs are good, but they just cant find the back of the net. they really owned DU, but if you cant score you cant win

Comment

Probably the fifth game where UMD put up 40 shots and still lost
                          tUMD Hockey

Comment

I think that's curtains for UMD's hopes for making the tournament.
                            Originally posted by SJHovey
                            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven
                            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

I disagree... I am no Pairwise expert but I would imagine sweeping UND and SCSU would put tUMD in much better position, then they'd get Miami and in the first round likely UNO or Miami. And if this squad can start scoring like they're capable, Kas could propel them to a run.
                              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                              X