Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMD Bulldogs

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Question for you guys, my son is coming to Duluth for a job. Be flying in and out Duluth airport on a regular basis for a month or 2. How hard is it to get tickets to home games?
    Yeah, what Biddco said. Unless it's against UND or Minnesota you won't have a problem.
    Dirty: Why {shouldn't Grand Valley State} not just go the Miami way to fund DI? Rob banks and sell drugs.
    bigmrg74: GVSU has some speed, but not that kind of speed.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
      Duluth is really good, I'm severely impressed they scare me to death. Toninato and Iafolo are terrors on ice. This series so far is as good as college hockey gets.
      And they've only become more impressive. My brain can't comprehend what I've seen from them these last two weekends.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

It's about high time UMD won a regular season title. Haven't won one since 1993. This is our year!
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

#1 right now and it looks like some good things yet to come! Tufte is improving every game, Tontinato just getting started, Avery Peterson coming Dec. 17th to add more firepower and experience and goalie situation seems to be working out ok. D men adding some nice firepower as well. GO DOGS!

Comment

Originally posted by oldchfan View Post
            #1 right now and it looks like some good things yet to come! Tufte is improving every game, Tontinato just getting started, Avery Peterson coming Dec. 17th to add more firepower and experience and goalie situation seems to be working out ok. D men adding some nice firepower as well. GO DOGS!
            This is going to be a fun year! Enjoy the ride everyone, this team will do some special things.
            tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              When is he going to be in Duluth? I'll keep an eye on for a Maine fan that week.
              He just got to Duluth, got tickets behind the UMD bench for Friday. I guess he has no Maine fan gear with him? so look for someone tall .
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

He just got to Duluth, got tickets behind the UMD bench for Friday. I guess he has no Maine fan gear with him? so look for someone tall .
                Shoot! I'll miss him because I won't make the games this weekend. Hope he enjoys it.
                tUMD Hockey

Comment

Earlier this week, I started my new series, Recruiting Grounds, where I go in depth on many of the leagues where Michigan Tech gets their recruits. I think this will have plenty of value for all of college hockey including the UMD since so many of the Elite League's best players have chosen UMD over the years. I decided to start with the Upper Midwest Elite League since it just finished and MTU just happen to have a commitment from this year's leading scorer. Special thanks to the guys at the Elite League for providing pictures and stats from 2010 to present. I wish I could have found 2007 and 2008 to get me data all the way back to 2005, but it was not to be found...
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Shoot! I'll miss him because I won't make the games this weekend. Hope he enjoys it.
                    He enjoyed the arena, thought it was comfortable but sterile compared to alfond.
                    He said you guys looked very complacent.

Guess a puck lobbed over the boards right to him and he muffed it. Guess he got grief for that, he thought that was great Guess his job should finish up there next week so glad he saw a game in Duluth.
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      He enjoyed the arena, thought it was comfortable but sterile compared to alfond.

Guess a puck lobbed over the boards right to him and he muffed it. Guess he got grief for that, he thought that was great Guess his job should finish up there next week so glad he saw a game in Duluth.
                      Since moving into Amsoil, UMD has had a Gopher-like problem with no-shows. If you ever watch a UMD home game, pretty much all of those empty lower-level seats have been paid for. There was even a lot of empties against North Dakota, which was sold-out (seats, not all SRO) on Saturday. The atmosphere was always been student-driven also. While student attendance is still pretty good, they don't make a lot of noise anymore and the townies are typically ho-hum.
                      SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                      UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                      Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                      Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                      UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                      UMD Men: 2011

Comment

• Re: UMD Bulldogs

Great to hear! Complacent would describe the defensive effort on Friday...but a nice bounce back win.
                        tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
                          Since moving into Amsoil, UMD has had a Gopher-like problem with no-shows. If you ever watch a UMD home game, pretty much all of those empty lower-level seats have been paid for. There was even a lot of empties against North Dakota, which was sold-out (seats, not all SRO) on Saturday. The atmosphere was always been student-driven also. While student attendance is still pretty good, they don't make a lot of noise anymore and the townies are typically ho-hum.
                          All of this...now to figure out why so many people are no shows? Corporate tickets? It's frustrating.

As for this UMD team they are no longer the top team in the nation but despite splitting with Western this team should win a few trophies this year. The one I'd like to see happen first is a regular season league title. UMD has not won one since 1993. While it sucks it won't be the MacNaughton it still would be nice to win one.

oh and Chicago is a easy drive for me so that would be near ideal (next year with St. Paul is even better)
                          tUMD Hockey

Comment

All of this...now to figure out why so many people are no shows? Corporate tickets? It's frustrating.

As for this UMD team they are no longer the top team in the nation but despite splitting with Western this team should win a few trophies this year. The one I'd like to see happen first is a regular season league title. UMD has not won one since 1993. While it sucks it won't be the MacNaughton it still would be nice to win one.

oh and Chicago is a easy drive for me so that would be near ideal (next year with St. Paul is even better)
                            The only trophy I care about this year is reclaiming the prestigious Babe the Blue Ox trophy.

Comment

Originally posted by AHABulldog View Post
                              The only trophy I care about this year is reclaiming the prestigious Babe the Blue Ox trophy.
                              Hopefully they'll win it and give it the same fate of the Taconite Trophy. That or throw it off the Lift Bridge into the lake.
                              tUMD Hockey

Comment

Hopefully they'll win it and give it the same fate of the Taconite Trophy. That or throw it off the Lift Bridge into the lake.
                                I don't even know that tUMD has ever really even acknowledged the thing. I still remember a home/home series with Saturday at the old Glas Fieldhouse where UMD won it. The entire team skated off the ice after the game. They had the trophy out on the ice and made an announcement for UMD to get the trophy and nothing ever happened

For all I know BSU just kept it.

Comment

Working...
                                X