Minnesota @ Penn State: 1/8 & 1/9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota @ Penn State: 1/8 & 1/9

Minnesota travels to play Penn State this Friday and Saturday. Friday is at 5:30pm central on the BTN and Saturday is at 2:00pm and is listed as TBD as of now.

The Gophers went 1-1 in the Mariucci Classic beating UConn then losing in OT to Harvard, Penn State went 1-1 in the Three Rivers Classic losing to Robert Morris then beating Clarkson.

Go
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Re: Minnesota @ Penn State: 1/8 & 1/9

Does TBD mean that we expect someone to pick up the Saturday game or....?
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

It seems like one could ask this question any week...but particularly this week. How real are these two teams? Usually Minnesota has a great record but can lose to anyone and PSU has a soft record but can beat anyone. Interesting thing is that the team's roles are reversed.

BTNPlus has Saturday's game.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

I'd have to think that this weekend's games are the biggest in the D-1 history of the PSU hockey program, to date.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          It seems like one could ask this question any week...but particularly this week. How real are these two teams? Usually Minnesota has a great record but can lose to anyone and PSU has a soft record but can beat anyone. Interesting thing is that the team's roles are reversed.

BTNPlus has Saturday's game.
          So the alt BTN channel? Wanted to hit up the local watering hole for the game...
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            So the alt BTN channel? Wanted to hit up the local watering hole for the game...
            Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't BTNPlus streaming only?
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
              Yes, it is only the streaming option. It is listed as BTNPlus for streaming and TBD for the TV part of it.

Maybe someone will pick up the TV portion of it.
              Originally posted by CavalryNate
              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                I'd have to think that this weekend's games are the biggest in the D-1 history of the PSU hockey program, to date.
                Yes, because of their current record and position in the the PWR/B1G. Also due to the fact they're playing MN against whom they've struggled.

No, because its not the last handful of games where its all on the line. The to date thing could make it true.

Regardless, it will be quite huge.

Go Gophers!

Comment

Fire it up on the laptop, bring it to bar, tell bartender to plug it into their tv's HDMI port

Comment

Originally posted by nappyvalley View Post
                    Fire it up on the laptop, bring it to bar, tell bartender to plug it into their tv's HDMI port
                    Or, save some money by drinking your own beer and firing it up on your own TV.
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      That's no fun, then you can't angrily hurl bottles at strangers when your team loses

Comment

Originally posted by nappyvalley View Post
                        That's no fun, then you can't angrily hurl bottles at strangers when your team loses
                        Open the window and randomly hurl bottles as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          No cable, hence the watering hole.

Usually I do chill at home, and listen on the radio; GPL usually has a live chat going on during the game, for those who aren't at the game.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Critical series this weekend for the Gophers in terms of PWR. Penn St. is ranked at 11th, so the next question is: who have they played? They've played only one ranked team in 18 games (Oct., St. Lawrence, 16th). Meanwhile, the Gophers are a dismal 2-7 against ranked teams, and 6-2 against unranked teams in 17 total games. Indeed, the Gophers have the most difficult schedule in the NCAA with an amazing SOS ranking of 1 vs. Penn St. @ #39. My questions going into the weekend: Is Penn St. for real at 11th? Despite their poor record, will the Gophers added experience against ranked opponents pay off?

Two reasons I think Penn St. ranks #1 in GF and GA in the Big Ten is they avg. 45 SOG/game also #1 and their lines have well balanced scoring. The Gophers have struggled with SOG totals this season compared to others, and will need to play smart and need more than 29 SOG/game to put a string of Ws together and sweep the high scoring Nittany Lions in Happy Valley.

Comment

In case you want to listen to a stream, the PSU site usually has a pretty good broadcast.

http://www.gopsusports.com/collegesportslive/?media=507837

Comment

Working...
                              X