RPI @ Miami 1/3/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI @ Miami 1/3/16

Why mess with success. Change nothing. Not the title of the thread, not starting it, not my underwear. Go Red! Let's come home really happy on this long bus ride.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Re: RPI @ Miami 1/3/16

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Why mess with success. Change nothing. Not the title of the thread, not starting it, not my underwear. Go Red! Let's come home really happy on this long bus ride.
    Too much information Doc.
    Good win last night, but I still think that we have to continue to play our game in the third period. Sitting on a one goal lead can only lead to disaster.
    Play our game for 60 minutes. and Just win baby.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

Thought I recognized one of the Miami players last night (he scored a goal). Josh Melnick was on the Delbarton team we were following when Drew Melanson was there. He seemed a bit small back then but was very young and has now filled out quite a bit. We will have to keep an eye on him tonight, he was a very capable scorer back then and I suspect is still quite a threat.

Comment

2015-16 Thread-Starting Statistics:

Code:
        Ralph Baer         6- 1- 2 14 points  .778
        engineerhockeyfan  3- 1- 0  6 points  .750
        RPI92              1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
        DrDemento          1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
        fishcore12         0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
        jmhusker           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
        fr joe             0- 2- 0  0 points  .000
        Cumulative 2003-04 - 2015-16 Thread-Starting Statistics

Code:
        Ralph Baer        50-45-16 116 points  .523
        fr joe            42-49-10  94 points  .465
        engineerhockeyfan 24-25- 5  53 points  .491
        Red Cloud         11- 3- 1  23 points  .767
        hockeyhound       11-14- 1  23 points  .442
        GRussinko         10-15- 2  22 points  .407
        DrDemento          7-19- 4  18 points  .300
        burgie12           6- 2- 1  13 points  .722
        rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1  13 points  .500
        RPIBMW             4- 5- 1   9 points  .450
        FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0   8 points 1.000
        HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1   7 points  .438
        Waite21            2- 6- 2   6 points  .300
        jericho            3-10- 0   6 points  .231
        JCrawford          2- 1- 0   4 points  .667
        REDRocket          2- 3- 0   4 points  .400
        RPIHFH             1- 1- 1   3 points  .500
        JennyRN            1- 1- 1   3 points  .500
        fishcore12         0- 0- 3   3 points  .500
        berbs91            1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
        ambersuds          1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
        drshoen            1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
        Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0   2 points  .500
        lugnut92           1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
        NYhockeyguy        1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
        RPI92              1- 3- 0   2 points  .250
        redrocker          0- 0- 1   1 point   .500
        RKarger            0- 0- 1   1 point   .500
        Rockchops          0- 1- 1   1 point   .250
        vicb               0- 3- 1   1 point   .125
        RPI_2003           0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        RenPI              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        johnk              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        redhead18          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        Priceless          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        REDaero91          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
        jmhusker           0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
        hawthr             0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
        RPI fan 4 life     0- 3- 0   0 points  .000
        Gophers #1         0- 3- 0   0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
        http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3

Alma Mater
        http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/...ma%20Mater.mp3
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thought I recognized one of the Miami players last night (he scored a goal). Josh Melnick was on the Delbarton team we were following when Drew Melanson was there. He seemed a bit small back then but was very young and has now filled out quite a bit. We will have to keep an eye on him tonight, he was a very capable scorer back then and I suspect is still quite a threat.
          I was thinking about that yesterday and was a bit surprised that you did not mention it.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            Too much information Doc.
            Good win last night, but I still think that we have to continue to play our game in the third period. Sitting on a one goal lead can only lead to disaster.
            Play our game for 60 minutes. and Just win baby.
            EHF: In 1984/1985 my superstitions led me to do the same thing. Jen and I attended almost every game, home and away. that season and I started wearing the same exact outfit once we reached the Christmas Tournament. No worries, everything gets laundered, but I altered nothing until that 2-1 victory in Detroit. I started the following year the same way and we did start off with a decent win streak. i forgot to pack everything for a trip to Troy in late November (but before Thanksgiving) and we lost a game (I believe to Yale) and that ended it. If this year's team starts an extended win streak, I will again save a lot of money on clothing!
            Are you planning to come to Princeton this Thursday? If so, the weather is supposed to be cold but clear. The traffic around the area will be horrible (as always due to construction on Route 1 and the lovely caring unselfish NJ drivers) but I think there are still lots of tickets available. We have seen Princeton a few times and their record is not a good indication of their team strength. They have either led or been tied late in games and then just given up that one goal that they shouldn't have or been called for that extra silly penalty (sound familiar) only to lose a game they could have won. After this long bus trip for our boys, this may not be any walk in the park.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              I was thinking about that yesterday and was a bit surprised that you did not mention it.
              Honestly did not recognize him. At Delbarton he was much smaller and younger than the other players. I recall messaging you about him and had hoped SA and crew had noticed him while following DM. I always felt he had NCAA talent but was concerned about his size. But at 5'10" and i would guess 170, he has become more of a force. He is only a freshman this year but if healthy, he could be a team scoring leader for Miami. In those years it was not difficult to find NCAA capable players at that school. Yale recruited a handful and we will see another on Thursday in goal for Princeton with Colton Phinney.
              Last edited by DrDemento; 01-03-2016, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Honestly did not recognize him. At Delbarton he was much smaller and younger than the other players. I recall messaging you about him and had hoped SA and crew had noticed him while following DM. I always felt he had NCAA talent but was concerned about his size. But at 5'10" and i would guess 170, he has become more of a force. He is only a freshman this year but if healthy, he could be a team scoring leader for Miami. In those years it was not difficult to find NCAA capable players at that school. Yale recruited a handful and we will see another on Thursday in goal for Princeton with Colton Phinney.
                I just remembered the name.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

EHF: In 1984/1985 my superstitions led me to do the same thing. Jen and I attended almost every game, home and away. that season and I started wearing the same exact outfit once we reached the Christmas Tournament. No worries, everything gets laundered, but I altered nothing until that 2-1 victory in Detroit. I started the following year the same way and we did start off with a decent win streak. i forgot to pack everything for a trip to Troy in late November (but before Thanksgiving) and we lost a game (I believe to Yale) and that ended it. If this year's team starts an extended win streak, I will again save a lot of money on clothing!
                  Are you planning to come to Princeton this Thursday? If so, the weather is supposed to be cold but clear. The traffic around the area will be horrible (as always due to construction on Route 1 and the lovely caring unselfish NJ drivers) but I think there are still lots of tickets available. We have seen Princeton a few times and their record is not a good indication of their team strength. They have either led or been tied late in games and then just given up that one goal that they shouldn't have or been called for that extra silly penalty (sound familiar) only to lose a game they could have won. After this long bus trip for our boys, this may not be any walk in the park.
                  A trip to Princeton would have to be a last minute decision. It would depend on the weather and the probability of getting a ticket at the door.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

A trip to Princeton would have to be a last minute decision. It would depend on the weather and the probability of getting a ticket at the door.
                    I had thought about this when I saw the schedule early in the season but I have a commitment for this Thursday evening so I will follow on wrpi.

Just win, baby! Consistency is the mark of good season vs a long season. Go, Red!

Comment

The weather shouldn't be an issue. Forecast for the Capital District is partly sunny and a high around 38, which should mean it should at least be in the low 40s in Princeton.
                      BTW Doc, the team is not returning home after today's game. They are heading to Pittsburgh for a couple of days. They are going to see the Penguins game on Tuesday night and then leaving on Wednesday morning for Princeton so "bus lag" shouldn't be a problem for Thursday nights game.

Comment

RPI women jump to 2-0 lead over Mercyhurst in 4:38, but then Lakers change goalies, dominate rest of first period and tie it up 2-2.

Comment

IIRC, Melnick had originally committed to Princeton before choosing instead Miami.
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

SA’s Game 1 PostGame.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4h_D7L733A
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                              The weather shouldn't be an issue. Forecast for the Capital District is partly sunny and a high around 38, which should mean it should at least be in the low 40s in Princeton.
                              BTW Doc, the team is not returning home after today's game. They are heading to Pittsburgh for a couple of days. They are going to see the Penguins game on Tuesday night and then leaving on Wednesday morning for Princeton so "bus lag" shouldn't be a problem for Thursday nights game.
                              Weather should be cold but clear here. High of about 45 but game time should see the 30's. Inside Baker rink however, will be much colder. If you come, dress in layers. The coldest winter i ever spent was a summer game in Baker rink (paraphrasing a famous saying).
                              Last edited by DrDemento; 01-03-2016, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X