Tom Anastos, it's time to resign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tom Anastos, it's time to resign

Fire, resign, whatever. Let's just get this over with.

Baseball is having a good season, basketball is about to start the tourney tomorrow, I'd like to keep the good vibes going.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Attempting to read between the lines: Scott and Rob made no mention of Anastos' future while wrapping up the season during last night's radio broadcast -- they did say he'd be at the year-end banquet, but didn't say anything definitive about what his capacity will be next season. They just made a bunch of non-descript references about the incoming freshman class and how difficult it'll be to replace the seniors.

If I recall correctly, with the exception of his last year, Scott would usually toss in something about Comley righting the ship after the completion of a disappointing season.
      Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
      66 - 86 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
        Attempting to read between the lines: Scott and Rob made no mention of Anastos' future while wrapping up the season during last night's radio broadcast -- they did say he'd be at the year-end banquet, but didn't say anything definitive about what his capacity will be next season. They just made a bunch of non-descript references about the incoming freshman class and how difficult it'll be to replace the seniors.

If I recall correctly, with the exception of his last year, Scott would usually toss in something about Comley righting the ship after the completion of a disappointing season.
        Keen observation. Who will play Banquo at the banquet?

Comment

Anastos extended the season last night....maybe only by a few minutes of overtime, but still, kept playing a bit longer than expected. That's enough to keep him around for another season or two....right?
          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Saw this on twitter last night:

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Saw this on twitter last night:

Well, crud.
              66 - 86 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Comment

I would be very surprised (but happy) if he didn't return next season. I think the AD will have him for at least one, of the two years left on the contract.

Comment

Well, crud.
                  All who are part of the public face have to play their roles, aap. It's good PR.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                    Anastos extended the season last night....maybe only by a few minutes of overtime, but still, kept playing a bit longer than expected. That's enough to keep him around for another season or two....right?
                    meh ...
                    Gave us a few more minutes of bad TV

Comment

Well, Mike Eves was fired last night. Can we dare to hope?

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
                        Well, Mike Eves was fired last night. Can we dare to hope?
                        This is probably the best way to put it: If Hollis is going to make a decision, Alvarez just accelerated his thought process.

If Hollis also decides to pull the trigger, I don't think it'd be too far-fetched to assume both schools would look at similar coaches to fill their vacancies.

That said, Hollis hand-picked Anastos. When it comes to the hockey program, none of us really have any clue what he's thinking.
                        66 - 86 - 07

Comment

Only way Anastos leaves is if he gets the MI. job when Red retires.

Comment

Mi-Dearborn club team

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
                              Mi-Dearborn club team
                              He already had that gig. At least they knew when to have him go.

Comment

And here's the vote of confidence from Hollis...
                                66 - 86 - 07

Comment

Working...
                                X