Tom Anastos, it's time to resign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tom Anastos, it's time to resign

I have nothing to say, I'm just trying to push down the Movers & Packers threads since this one was below them.

Unless someone wants to volunteer to pack and move out a certain coach...

Comment

I'll help too

bumping this to get the packers off the front page

"Go Tom!" to stay relevant
      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Anastos has done a wonderful job. I see no reason in getting him replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
          Anastos has done a wonderful job. I see no reason in getting him replaced.
          Precisely, I see no issue.
          Originally posted by alfablue
          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
            Guys, don't worry about it anymore. We are going to hire an awesome new coach soon and we'll be back on our feet shortly. Then we can all sit back and enjoy a prosperous MSU hockey program.
            A sparty "friend" who typically has inside information (on the football program) was telling me to expect something big to change with sparty hockey in about 4 weeks. That was 4 weeks ago.
            Originally posted by alfablue
            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
              A sparty "friend" who typically has inside information (on the football program) was telling me to expect something big to change with sparty hockey in about 4 weeks. That was 4 weeks ago.
              And bump, that's the change

Comment

Hollis seems like a pretty overrated AD to me. I can't understand for the life of me why MSU fans sing his praises continually.

There were allegations this past summer that their softball head coach (who is terrible, had mild success a decade ago and went winless in conference a few years ago) ordered an assistant coach to attention hit one of the players on their team in practice.

First off, she should've been fired for being a terrible coach. That allegation provides cause. But they kept her around. Why? I have no clue.

He didn't hire Dantonio. He did hire Anastos, a move that has yet to be topped among shocking hires in how bad they are.

Sure, he's fixed up your facilities. Can't anyone do that? Dave Brandon did that here.

Are terrible non-revenue sports a reason to fire a guy? Depends on the place apparently. The only thing I can think of is that because the "big time" sports in the media's eyes are doing well, he's getting the credit.
                ---
                National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                19 Conference Championships
                10 Conference Tournament Championships
                2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                  Hollis seems like a pretty overrated AD to me. I can't understand for the life of me why MSU fans sing his praises continually.

There were allegations this past summer that their softball head coach (who is terrible, had mild success a decade ago and went winless in conference a few years ago) ordered an assistant coach to attention hit one of the players on their team in practice.

First off, she should've been fired for being a terrible coach. That allegation provides cause. But they kept her around. Why? I have no clue.

He didn't hire Dantonio. He did hire Anastos, a move that has yet to be topped among shocking hires in how bad they are.

Sure, he's fixed up your facilities. Can't anyone do that? Dave Brandon did that here.

Are terrible non-revenue sports a reason to fire a guy? Depends on the place apparently. The only thing I can think of is that because the "big time" sports in the media's eyes are doing well, he's getting the credit.
                  Hollis and Tom Izzo are long time friends, dating from their time together at NMU. That could be how he stays around.

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
                    Hollis and Tom Izzo are long time friends, dating from their time together at NMU. That could be how he stays around.
                    Hollis never went to NMU. He was a basketball manager for Jud.

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
                      Izzo went to NMU with Steve Mariucci. Although Hollis is also from the middle of nowhere, but in the thumb.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                        I have nothing to say, I'm just trying to push down the Movers & Packers threads since this one was below them.

Unless someone wants to volunteer to pack and move out a certain coach...
                        Thanks for all the heavy lifting

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                          Then they had to go and put up a 6-spot on, essentially, a team of freshmen and sophomores. Some fool's gold for the complacent.

Comment

The best part of this thread is the constant reminder that Michigan State is staffed by people that are ao ****ing stupid that they hired Tom Anastos. Seriously, what did you expect? You dumbasses. Another reason why the Big6 is an embarrassment to hockey.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

That may have been a job-saving weekend of hockey. I may have to shut up for awhile (I hope).

Comment

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                                That may have been a job-saving weekend of hockey. I may have to shut up for awhile (I hope).
                                I don't believe any weekend or even month of hockey at this point should be pointed at to make 1 decision or another, but I am fairly confident Anastos will be back. Therefore, I will gladly take any reason to feel good over the offseason.

Comment

Working...
                                X